Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro14 Season 2019-2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Missed it.

Didn’t think I had Eirsport 2 on sky anymore. It’s still showing as Virgin Sports on my EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Cracking try by the dragons prop.

Tipuric causing havoc at the breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

eir sport 2 no longer on virgin media?

Some work rate there from Tipuric after 80 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Dragons are still terrible

• Advertisement

Ospreys can feel aggrieved at that Dragons try at the end.

AWJ was over the ball and probably should have got a penalty

FT 20-20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Munster still their work cut out to get a SF spot.

Llanelli have Dragons next week so should get the tbp meaning they'll finish on 47pts.

Munster are on 46 at the moment so need to get at least 2bps to get through. If they both finish on 27pts Llanelli will go through as they'll have won more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If only every season could start with interpros like this instead of the shadow boxing games we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If only every season could start with interpros like this instead of the shadow boxing games we get.

Pro14 start in October will be the same IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's great alright, wish it would continue

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Missed it.

Didn’t think I had Eirsport 2 on sky anymore. It’s still showing as Virgin Sports on my EPG

It’s temporarily back on 422 due to the Virgin-eir dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭PMC83

degsie wrote: »
    eir sport 2 no longer on virgin media?

Think the deal was only ever for Eir Sport 1

The interpro's are often played at test level intensity and I'd be concerned about a high injury count at the start of every season if we went that way.

I would imagine on top of the players who left the pitch at the weekend, there will be a further number unavailable for a few weeks due to soft tissue damage.

Some SA media are reporting Cheetahs and Kings to lose Franchise status.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Some SA media are reporting Cheetahs and Kings to lose Franchise status.

The Kings were on the way out anyway but I'm gutted for the Cheetahs. So much rugby history but if they are not participating in a top level club competition then it will be the death of the franchise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

PMC83 wrote: »
    Think the deal was only ever for Eir Sport 1

Correct. Eir Sport 2 was only ever on Virgin Media cable for a few weeks after it was rebranded from Setanta Sports 1. The rebrand occurred on 5th July 2016 and the carriage deal ended on 31st July. When they signed the new carriage deal last Autumn it only covered eir Sport 1, so eir Sport 2 never came back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I think we've seen the end of the Southern Kings. And most likely confirms a return to Pro12 next season.

https://twitter.com/SouthernKingsSA/status/1298178978264551424

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭PMC83

I think we've seen the end of the Southern Kings. And most likely confirms a return to Pro12 next season.

https://twitter.com/SouthernKingsSA/status/1298178978264551424

For the best unfortunately. I wonder where Jerry Sexton will go now

Cheetahs unlikely to be able to compete in next season's pro14/13/12

Still not got the go ahead to resume training. Season is 6 weeks away

Pro12 home and away looking more then likely what we get.

• Advertisement

I could see them keeping the conferences for this season rather than revert to the round robin format. It would further reduce the fixtures in a compacted and overcrowded season and as no fans are going to be allowed in any time soon, will reduce costs for the teams rather than cost them gate receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Wonder how soon the British and Irish league or English and Wales league talk will start..!

I could see them keeping the conferences for this season rather than revert to the round robin format. It would further reduce the fixtures in a compacted and overcrowded season and as no fans are going to be allowed in any time soon, will reduce costs for the teams rather than cost them gate receipts.

Yeah mentioned in the article, seems like best option with no guarantee that full season can be played anyway and all games already scheduled it makes most sense.

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1298274688896921600

Pro 14 statement,

Going ahead with a 12 team tournament

yerrahbah wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1298274688896921600

Pro 14 statement,

Going ahead with a 12 team tournament

Still not exactly ruling them out but could hardly add them into a season later in the season

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Eod100 wrote: »
    Still not exactly ruling them out but could hardly add them into a season later in the season

Can't for contractual reasons I'd imagine, but if they're going to start it as a 12 team tournament until 2021 at the earliest they're gone for this year at a minimum.

Can't for contractual reasons I'd imagine, but if they're going to start it as a 12 team tournament until 2021 at the earliest they're gone for this year at a minimum.

This all lines up perfectly for Pro16 in 2021/22 with the 4 super rugby franchises.

This all lines up perfectly for Pro16 in 2021/22 with the 4 super rugby franchises.

Would they expand that soon if covid is still around? Guess ideally a vaccine might be out by then but might take awhile for it to get distributed. Alternatively regular testing could help too

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Home and away fixtures again please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    Home and away fixtures again please!

Not the season to do it. Players are going to be flogged. If we can reduced the fixture list by a few matches by removing two teams under the current structure, it would be great.

Going back to home and away would actually increase the number of matches which isn't feasible this season.

Advertisement