Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104 phoneshow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Clips are all on Youtoob if ye look. Type in 'jim jim as tony':

https://m.youtube. com/watch?v=ra3FAS1wP1Q

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Funny thing is the show was better with Chris Barry than it is now

I gave up on it when Chris Barry replaced Adrian and Jeremy even though it had been on the slide at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Mother of gawwwwwd

They were dropping change on a table, getting people to call in guessing how much it was. It went on for at least a half hour.

People were actually calling in. What is this piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Walking_Wolf

Now that the Phoneshow is no more, there's nothing at night that I want to listen to. The new show that's replaced the Phoneshow is banal crap and I can't stand Niall Boylan. The late-night talk format is all but dead in Dublin now. The only one left doing it is Boylan. This is crazy when you consider the popularity of the Phoneshow, how it was synonymous with Dublin at night. After listening to 98fm for the last few days, I'm reminded of how ****e Dublin Talks with Adrian and Jeremy is. I get that they'd had enough of working nights but from a creative standpoint, it's been a bad move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Now that the Phoneshow is no more, there's nothing at night that I want to listen to. The new show that's replaced the Phoneshow is banal crap and I can't stand Niall Boylan. The late-night talk format is all but dead in Dublin now. The only one left doing it is Boylan. This is crazy when you consider the popularity of the Phoneshow, how it was synonymous with Dublin at night. After listening to 98fm for the last few days, I'm reminded of how ****e Dublin Talks with Adrian and Jeremy is. I get that they'd had enough of working nights but from a creative standpoint, it's been a bad move.

What’s on instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Funny thing is the show was better with Chris Barry than it is now

I'd rather listen to Chris doing the Phoneshow again than the muck that's on now.

I wonder is the Phoneshow gone for good? I don't believe the idea that there is no longer a demand for the late night talk format. I think it's just a matter of having the right presenter(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it must be gone because the current presenter is there quite a bit now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

it must be gone because the current presenter is there quite a bit now.

I know that. I'm only wondering if there's a chance 104 will bring it back at some stage in the future.

I don't think Cormac was too interested in doing an intense late-night talk show like the Phoneshow in the first place. I always got that feeling off him whenevr he filled in for Keith. He's more of a comedy guy.

I don't care what Cormac thinks or wants. As a long time listener to fm104, I want to listen to the phoneshow. The show that's on now is graveyard shift stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I don't care what Cormac thinks or wants. As a long time listener to fm104, I want to listen to the phoneshow. The show that's on now is graveyard shift stuff.

Exactly. I used to like to listen to normal folk talk openly about subjects like gangland, crime, antisocial areas, jobs and especially when they spoke about bizarre and supernatural things. Who wants to listen to Cormac talking about the buzz of being a stand up comedian or Saoirse talking about her love life??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Cormac just doesn't have the skills for late night talk radio

Cormac just doesn't have the skills for late night talk radio

He was alright whenever he filled in for Keith, a bit facile, but he wasn't bad. It takes experience to improve skills. Keith was mediocre when he took over from Chris but had gotten much better before he decided to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

He was alright whenever he filled in for Keith, a bit facile, but he wasn't bad. It takes experience to improve skills. Keith was mediocre when he took over from Chris but had gotten much better before he decided to leave.

My point exactly - he was just *alright*.

I saw in the news this week there was numbers released about the various radio shows and channels. Was any numbers released about this ‘room 104’ show??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i don't think that show is on long enough for a JNLR result yet.
    i think it takes a new show a year before showing up in the results to give it time to bed in.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Social media has killed off those type of shows, Listen to Niall Boylan for a week and you’ll hear the same 25 listeners

I disagree. The only thing that's killing the format is having the wrong presenters. The reason Niall Boylan has so few regular callers is because he's ****e and classic hits have hardly any listeners.

Does anyone listen to "Room 104"? I wonder has FM104's decision to scrap the phoneshow payed off?

Does anyone listen to "Room 104"? I wonder has FM104's decision to scrap the phoneshow payed off?

Well, if the amount of likes the show's Facebook page has are anything to go by, then the answer is 'no'. For a prime-time slot show that has been going for almost a year, the show's Facebook page has a paltry 27 likes. (At the time of writing this).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does anyone actually listen to fm104.... I find it's the most repetitive station imo.

I remember use to listen to strawberry alarm clock and stopped for 6 months or more, dropped back in for a while and noticed they were playing a hell of a lot of stuff from when I had previously been listening for quite a few years....

I've heard that night show and it is pure sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Purple_Bear

Oh man I really miss the Phoneshow with Adrian and Jeremy. Get it off your chest was my favourite part of the show. No matter what, Jeremy always seemed to have me helpless with laughter. I loved his quick-witted responses and his put-downs of Adrian and callers were legendary. He had (has) that rare talent of being naturally funny. And of course Adrian was the master of late-night debate. There will never be a show like this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

Jeramy you are up late tonight and busy creating fake accounts to compliment yourself again. Now go to bed, you have a show to prepare for the morning.

Oh man I really miss the Phoneshow with Adrian and Jeremy. Get it off your chest was my favourite part of the show. No matter what, Jeremy always seemed to have me helpless with laughter. I loved his quick-witted responses and his put-downs of Adrian and callers were legendary. He had (has) that rare talent of being naturally funny. And of course Adrian was the master of late-night debate. There will never be a show like this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clint_Westwood

It's times like these that I wish the phoneshow with Adrian and jeremy was still around. I miss the laughs and the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

They should bring back Adrian Kennedy for the FM104 phone show.

I can't stand Adrian's morning show on 98FM.

Big Gerry wrote: »
    They should bring back Adrian Kennedy for the FM104 phone show.

I can't stand Adrian's morning show on 98FM.

I actually just can't stand him at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

I actually just can't stand him at all.....

Even if you don't like Adrian his late night show was very entertaining back in the day.

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Even if you don't like Adrian his late night show was very entertaining back in the day.

Yes it was very popular. I liked when there used to be hardcore discussions such as gangland murders, drugs and immigration. Jeremy was a pretty funny guy also. I’ve never listened to his 98fm show, are they both still working together?? They seemed to have a fairly good relationship and Jeremy wasn’t being shafted by him, unlike Colm and Jim-Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Haven't heard Jeremy on the show in ages actually.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Haven't heard Jeremy on the show in ages actually.

The reason he's not on air with Adrian as much anymore is that they've kind of dropped the whole "Adrian and Jeremy" thing to some degree, on air anyway. The show's target demographic now seems to be older people and housewives. Jeremy's whole shtick was always geared more towards the night-time slot anyway. I do think his talents are being wasted though, I miss the laughs between him and Adrian

• Advertisement

Maybe Jeremy is looking elsewhere!!!

Maybe we could hear him back on fm104.... Ye' ever think of that...,

Advertisement