Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Valencia Marathon (and 10k) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Itziger wrote: »
    Jeez, you're in early!! Arriving late Friday night.

Yeah, it looks like the temps will be warm till and including Saturday. I think we're going to be ok! Just.

Here for the week with herself indoors. Ignore the Temps in, apps yr telling me it's 28 atm feels more like 14 as there a nice sea breeze around the city

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

I have arrived. Am I losing the plot or what? Is there is no start time in the programme or my eyes are shot to pieces. Its half 8 isn't it lads? I am going through it twice

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mogrump

ISOP wrote: »
    I have arrived. Am I losing the plot or what? Is there is no start time in the programme or my eyes are shot to pieces. Its half 8 isn't it lads? I am going through it twice

Discretely placed on page 44.....

Mogrump wrote: »
    Discretely placed on page 44.....

Good man. Good luck to everyone. This year has gone beyond my wildest dreams already. 3 consecutive marathon PB's and pbs at every other distance. I don't know what tomorrow holds but I'll enjoy it after a bit of a balls up here last year. Just need to leave the bar now...

yeah 8:30 is the start for anyone upto and including wave 6 8:40 & 8:50 thereafter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Good luck folks. Sleep tight.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Itziger thru 10km in 41:34

Cheptegei runs a 10k WR, 26:38 :o is the course WR ratified?

15k in 1:02:17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Pollock ran 2:10:25!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Singer wrote: »

I guess that's the plane to Tokyo booked?

Itziger home in 2:57:37

That was kinda tough. Never feeling great tbh. Had to tough it out. A PB though at the tender age of 54. I'm not slowing just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Diablo Verde

That was kinda tough. Never feeling great tbh. Had to tough it out. A PB though at the tender age of 54. I'm not slowing just yet.

Well done young fella!

Singer wrote: »

Jeez, that's a big PB, no? I do not understand why more Irish elites and sub elites don't target this race. I know there's Dublin and National title but you could do one one year and the other ...... the other. (I seem to be losing my English language skills after just one beer.)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Nice job sir. Enjoy the beer!

Well done. Tough going indeed. Managed a sub 3 but just about. Il take it after Dublin.. still in the legs 😬

Should catch ya later but won’t be around til 9

Well done. Tough going indeed. Managed a sub 3 but just about. Il take it after Dublin.. still in the legs 😬

Should catch ya later but won’t be around til 9

Depending on how much you dipped under the 3 hours, we must have been close enough.

Depending on how much you dipped under the 3 hours, we must have been close enough.

You were about 2 mins ahead of me. Found pacing v hard today.

Now for a sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nice one D and thanks J for the updates. You earned that beer D. Enjoy

• Advertisement

3:57 for me Happy with that. Took the foot off the gas for the last 10k and soaked it all in. A great marathon it must be said. Great support. A bit hot in places but a nice breeze aswell. Well done lads. Some serious running there

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Diablo Verde

ISOP wrote: »
    3:57 for me Happy with that. Took the foot off the gas for the last 10k and soaked it all in. A great marathon it must be said. Great support. A bit hot in places but a nice breeze aswell. Well done lads. Some serious running there

No bikes this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Good man Itz never in doubt..

The Sally Hanson plan worked out.

Looking forward to the report

No bikes this year?

No bikes, dogs or pedestrians this year :)

3:34:29 for me had aimed for 3:30 but the hammers cramped early in the race. Great event but the pedestrians crossing at times was a mare. Had a few close calls. Even though the temp was high there was a nice breeze and some sections with good shade.

Well guys on sub 3 today

ger664 wrote: »
    3:34:29 for me had aimed for 3:30 but the hammers cramped early in the race. Great event but the pedestrians crossing at times was a mare. Had a few close calls. Even though the temp was high there was a nice breeze and some sections with good shade.

Well guys on sub 3 today

Warning, we're in The Market Bar instead. 59 metres from Tyris

Warning, we're in The Market Bar instead. 59 metres from Tyris

Have you moved on or called it a night?

Have you moved on or called it a night?

Sorry lad. It got a bit mixed up. We went looking for a bite to eat after a couple of beers. Was just Ger123, meself and the wife in the end...... Tyris seem to have changed their Sunday opening times completely. Next year I'll organise it better.

Sorry lad. It got a bit mixed up. We went looking for a bite to eat after a couple of beers. Was just Ger123, meself and the wife in the end...... Tyris seem to have changed their Sunday opening times completely. Next year I'll organise it better.

Not a bother! Nice n fresh this morning!

• Advertisement

is it to early for the 2020 thread lads? Ii just signed after getting email offering a 10 per cent discount :)

Advertisement