Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you taking part in any LGBTQ events for pride month?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Well then stop shoving your heterosexuality in our faces. How about we ban all straight pdas and weddings.

My Personal Desk Accessory? I love the straight lines in it design so I'll never give it up!

Mind you, I went to pick it up the other day and what was sitting on it? A gay willy...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Did you read the article/watch the video??

hcf500 wrote: »
    This is disgusting. Trans actress Indya Moore was attacked by a trump supporter in New York. The video below shows the assault. This is trumps America in 2019 and it will only get worse. All this happening during Pride month too!

https://www.theroot.com/pose-actress-indya-moore-attacked-by-trump-supporter-in-1835380804

I was reading that article and this line popped up in it.
    The white man went peak white man

Ffs… gave up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yes. Both.

1 - theft (of the sign)
    2 - destruction of property (stamping on the sign)
    3 - assault (pushing)
    4 - theft (the hat)

Yet you are happily ignoring crimes 1, 2 and 4 to focus on crime 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I was reading that article and this line popped up in it.

Ffs… gave up after that.

White male American is nothing like white male irishman. You know this.
    Dont take it personally.

Plus he didn’t go peak American white man.
    He didn’t shoot her and everyone around him.

• Advertisement

Yes. Both.

1 - theft (of the sign)
    2 - destruction of property (stamping on the sign)
    3 - assault (pushing)
    4 - theft (the hat)

Yet you are happily ignoring crimes 1, 2 and 4 to focus on crime 3.

PS that isn't excusing the assault. But both parties are guilty and the assault was a complete overreaction.

However you are outraged by a few shoves in reaction to theft, but I don't think you passed any judgement on the earlier revelation that punching someone was a justifiable response to being called a rude name.

He probably doesn't have a problem with pride as a concept but the parade is a big no no as he's mentioned about 15 times (too sexualized, or some such nonsense).

Not at all. I just said on repeated occasions that a celebration of pride in someone's sexuality is not a place I would bring my child.
    Gheys: meh Pride: good Expressions of pride: bad Parade: Hell no

Gays: meh. Pride: meh. Expressions of pride: unnecessary Parade: unnecessary
    No, he's against pride as a concept. He says nobody should be proud of who they are.

I'm against being proud of your sexuality yes. Like being proud of your skin colour. You were born that way.

hcf500 wrote:
    This is disgusting. Trans actress Indya Moore was attacked by a trump supporter in New York. The video below shows the assault. This is trumps America in 2019 and it will only get worse. All this happening during Pride month too!

I know. When Obama was in power, there was no black violence and trans people were treated with absolute respect...

Trump did all this.

PS that isn't excusing the assault. But both parties are guilty and the assault was a complete overreaction.

However you are outraged by a few shoves in reaction to theft, but I don't think you passed any judgement on the earlier revelation that punching someone was a justifiable response to being called a rude name.

I could only watch on mute in work but there's a pair of them in it as far as I can see. Does the audio offer any context?

Plus he didn’t go peak American white man. He didn’t shoot her and everyone around him.

Funny how generalising, stereotyping and insulting a group based on the actions of a few is acceptable when done by certain people.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm against being proud of your sexuality yes. Like being proud of your skin colour. You were born that way.

In an ideal world, yes.

The original concept of pride was to counteract the deep sense of shame that a lot of people grew up with, and which originated from a hostile society.

It's great that things have changed, but this hostility still exists. Things can easily slip back.

Funny how generalising, stereotyping and insulting a group based on the actions of a few is acceptable when done by certain people.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

The point sailed over your head at a great height it seems.

You’re literally defending the guy in the article. And trump. Somehow?

I could only watch on mute in work but there's a pair of them in it as far as I can see. Does the audio offer any context?

Not really. The Trump supporter was shouting "F off" and "get off my sh*t" I think. Couldn't hear much else in the commotion.

This is the kind of nonsense reporting that gets on my nerves. And it's on both sides.

The liberal media will report the horrendous assault on an actress:
    *ignoring the theft that provoked (but didn't justify) the assault.
    *making out like it was a severe beating, rather than a shove (he did shove hard in fairness, but a shove nonetheless). No punches or kicks were thrown.

And on the flip side the right wing sites will probably announce that a trans actor assaulted an innocent man and he was forced to defend his life which was under threat!

Neither version is true. But both will attempt to twist it rather than just admitting that both parties were assholes and were out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

She stole his banner by force, he "attacked" her as in he tried to get it back.

But don;t let facts interfere with your victim narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

OP Not me personally, I am not into that scene.

But for those who are, and are fitness nuts they could do worse than go to the Markievicz leisure centre.
    They have all sorts of pride stuff during the month.

For example:

https://allevents.in/dublin/ride4pride/200017398682418

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

You’re literally defending the guy in the article. And trump. Somehow?

Bizarre and wholly incorrect use of the word "literally".

I didn't defend anybody.

I just pointed out that the stereotyping of a "peak white man" as a murderous gun nut is disgusting and hypocritical considering the same people would be up in arms if generalisations were levelled at any other group/ethnicity

He should have used restraint defending his property. He went too far. The force he used against a woman was not reasonable. He was fully to blame for what happened. He went out wearing a maga hat. That is just asking for trouble and that is what he wants. Those hats should be banned. They only serve to divide!

Bizarre and wholly incorrect use of the word "literally".

I didn't defend anybody.

I just pointed out that the stereotyping of a "peak white man" as a murderous gun nut is disgusting and hypocritical considering the same people would be up in arms if generalisations were levelled at any other group/ethnicity

Those poor fragile straight white males...wherever they may be..oh. They’re everywhere.

So persecuted. It has to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

He was fully to blame for what happened. He went out wearing a maga hat. That is just asking for trouble and that is what he wants. Those hats should be banned. They only serve to divide!

Nah, thats not fair

Those poor fragile straight white males...wherever they may be..oh. They’re everywhere.

It would help your argument if you weren't so racist and sexist.

• Advertisement

He should have used restraint defending his property. He went too far. The force he used against a woman was not reasonable. He was fully to blame for what happened. He went out wearing a maga hat. That is just asking for trouble and that is what he wants. Those hats should be banned. They only serve to divide!

How was he fully to blame when he didn't start it?

You are seriously saying that free speech (the hat) should be banned?

Is the initial theft not an issue?

You didn't answer my question about punching people for rude words. Who is to blame in that scenario?

I'm still not sure if you're serious or not.

I think Trump is a twat and I'd have no time for his supporters but I can't agree with anything that you say there at all.

It would help your argument if you weren't so racist and sexist.

I have no words.
    White males aren’t a race. And If their sexuality is so easily rattled as to be upset by a remark like that?
    Try being gay and walk down the street with their boyfriends hand in theirs.

They wouldn’t last a minute by your (rather bizarre. No. Stupid) logic

hcf500 wrote:
    He was fully to blame for what happened. He went out wearing a maga hat. Those hats should be banned. They only serve to divide!

I'm assuming you are joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Yes it was. You're not the tough, hard man you think you are.

Hug it out guys.

I have no words. White males aren’t a race. And If their sexuality is so easily rattled as to be upset by a remark like that? Try being gay and walk down the street with their boyfriends hand in theirs.

White people are a race - racist
    Men are a sex - sexist

Calling every American white man a murderous gun nut is pretty crappy. I'm not offended. I just think it shows a lot about your character and doesn't help your argument.

I don't want to try being gay thanks. It's not victimhood Olympics. I'm sure you would get a gold if it was.

I just find any kind of racism or sexism to be abhorrent. Even if it is against the horrible whites. It's an ignorant way to behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

You didn't answer my question about punching people for rude words. Who is to blame in that scenario?

Trump and his supporters have taken and are trying to take away the civil rights of LGBT people. You know this and play the victim card.

The hat is not free speech, it is hate speech. I honestly believe that the name trump should be censored because of all the damage it has caused. People will die as a result of trump! He has set progression back years!

You couldn't really class that as theft! She was provoked into her actions and should not be held responsible when she is under duress from an agressive trump supporter.

I don't know what you are talking about re punching people for rude words! Could you point me to a post number?

Hmmm, I'm a straight white male... am I lumped in with everyone else here in terms of being the bad guy with fragile ego?

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote:
    Trump and his supporters have taken and are trying to take away the civil rights of LGBT people. You know this and play the victim card.

No they haven't. And no they are not. Don't be ridiculous.
    hcf500 wrote:
    The hat is not free speech, it is hate speech. I honestly believe that the name trump should be censored because of all the damage it has caused. People will die as a result of trump! He has set progression back years!

You believe the president of the United States name should be censored? Excellent.

He has set progression back years? Also great.
    hcf500 wrote:
    You couldn't really class that as theft! She was provoked into her actions and should not be held responsible when she is under duress from an agressive trump supporter.

Don't hold anyone responsible if they hate someone else's message. Gotcha.

You sir/madam are a genius

Advertisement