Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mods? Whats the punishment for going over post limit?

Just realized I've not been keeping an eye on mine at all.

Voted Sullivo just now. Was going to vote between her and Dandy and I feel more villagish from Dandy now we've interacted a bit.

Lynch vote

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    DAndy, rather than looking at what others have done/posted, is there any chance you could put forward your own suspicions? I've actually asked you a couple of times now and it'd be great if you could clarify for me. Please. :)

Sure

kitten_k wrote: »
    All players will have a certain level of fluff posts. Usually Dandy's thing is his stories which don't be appearing much this game and seem to have been replaced with the graphic but I am not sure if he is pocketing with these as a lot of them were done on request, not only to get people on side with him.

My stories usually came either on request or in the twilight hour before we find out who got lynched. I was going to do one after 9pm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Clarabel wrote: »
    1. I haven't cleared him. I was putting my thoughts down , more info is better. I like ectos read on the situation which is completely different to mine. It's given me food for thought. It's better to have all opinions out for discussion.
    My read on drum is that he's not in a backroom with other people. So not a wolf.

Choc Chip and Ecto feel village for me.

I've voted for trit based on my post yesterday, I'd be happy to change to Fixxxer.

I'm now suspect of ain't easy being cheesy. However if he had a back room I think he'd probably be getting a bit of help. That one strategy post and then nothing seems odd.

It doesn’t really get much clearer than that tag

2. You're right it was an initial feels based off the three posts. You go with what you're presented.
    Three posts of essentially fluff
    3. If Baggly just stopped posting he'd eventually be modkilled....it was a game question. sK an Kitten kindly helped me on this.

And if my aunt had balls.....

4. He was asking about roles

What do you think of drummer now?

I think there’s a fair chance he’s sitting in a back room with you clarabel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So nobody else is doing FFAs I guess. Had a feeling people night do this due to the other thread. It does mean less info out there later to analyze

• Advertisement

This is my 40th post so if you're going to start a bandwagon on me do it in 10 posts time so I don't have to have the bother of defending myself lol

Strawberry Milkshake - No read at on on strawbs but I thought Skunk was village so will have to defer over to that.
    Clarabel - I keep thinking she's a wolf but then keep reminding myself I have no real proof other than a hunch. Plus I quite like the way she doesn't trust me, sensible thinking. Village for now.
    Barney92 - No read but it worries me a player I thought was great hasn't come to life yet. Neutral
    sullivlo - I really didn't like that first post and has been doing nothing to really defend herself. Shown sparks but still, I think a wolf.
    kitten_k - No read yet which makes me think village as nothing has pricked my ears up.
    Ectoplasm - Either a great play as a wolf so far or clear village. Village for me.
    Choc Chip - village
    tritium - Same as Ecto
    fixxxer - Really does seem to be playing a new style to me. Didn't like defensiveness. Didn't like attack on SK, was looking forward to isos but let me down. - wolf lean
    Dublinandy2 - dodgy as a 26 pound note.
    Bounty Hunter - Steady, quieter than normal. Neutral for now but one to watch
    TheValeyard - Gone but probably forgotten soon
    Whiplashy - Safe for me
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy - I would say wolf but you'd think he'd be directed at playing better. So either safe but lost interest or wolf. Safe for now.
    Drumpot - Really too quiet for me. I imagine this guy to have a super rain and seeing him deduct at times I love so seeing him talk mostly fluff makes me think wolf, so wolf.
    Uriel. - amuses me but safe I think.
    sKeith - I would say 100% village but I'm really worried about that BR comment. If he doesn't' get munched tomorrow he needs some looking at, leaning towards bad but still neutral.

So to put in order from good to bad, excluding myself

Choc Chip
    Uriel
    Whiplashy
    Clarabel
    Ecto
    Trit
    Strawberry

Cheezy
    Barney
    Kitten
    BH
    SK

Drumpot
    Sulli
    Fixxxer

Playing catch up is draining. I’ve put my notes away for the evening and I’m just reading. Wanna ask whippy about her final paragraph in this post though.
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    I just thought it was strange that you claimed NRV so early on. There’s no need to be lessening the pool of possible RVs for the wolf’s. Also a wolf is more likely to claim NRV than RV. I know it’s flimsy but like I said I have to start somewhere. I’m always open to changing my mind.

Vale is the whole shooting Baggly thing. I get it’s a joke and a once off comment is fine but I don’t like the way it’s carried on. It could be trying to plant seeds in other people’s heads. Again flimsy, I know.

If we were voting tonight I’d go Sully. She’d have been better off not appearing at all than to just drop in that 1 comment. I can’t remember what exactly it was and I’m on my phone, but I remember thinking it was a bit off.

If sully only has one post, why didn’t you say what you thought it said? You mention above you can’t remember exactly but doesn’t that mean you remember the gist? FWIW, I don’t see Sully’s first post as weird at all as it was relating to Keith clearing choccy is his first few posts of the game which was weirder.

So nobody else is doing FFAs I guess. Had a feeling people night do this due to the other thread. It does mean less info out there later to analyze

Happy to ffa but it’s probably pretty obvious who’ll I’ll be tagging

#ffa1
    Clarabel. Weak progression, unconvincing read attempts, fluff, willingness to clear based on fluff

Drumpot. Guilt by association since clar cleated them just for them having the good grace to post a bit of fluff. I’d lynch Clara first though

Number three tbc. Considered choc chip but not ready to nail that down just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm finished at 6 so will try and get one more ISO in before lynch. Prob gonna look at Kitten_K_Kat

If I am totally honest I am not too sure if I will stick with my vote. Problem is there are a handful of people I have all at the same level and i'll probably only be active for another hour or so

Trit, can you explain the Dr No thing? trying to get a reaction? It was your first post so im sure you knew people would see it.

• Advertisement

It's getting fun now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok...last of my notes on ISOs. A couple of things to note. 2 Players Uriel and Cheezy haven't met minimum post count yet. Makes me think neither are likely wolves but even if one is, highly unlikely 50% of the wolf team are skating so close to the edge.

On this, can someone with better understanding of the maths see if a modkill is of greater benefit to us than lynching?

Barney92 Questions SK about roles. Points out how MD might be useful in corroboration. Points out Baggly's missing reads. Points out low posting doesn't help village. Reads sully as good. Says Clara is fence-sitty. Follows up on Trit and votes Clarabel. A little too quiet for my liking but village for now.
    Uriel. Most active in Day 0. Accused Whippy of pocketing. Pokes Clarabel re not killing a wolf. Voted Sully, suspicious of fixxxer, potentially suspicious of Drumpot. Note, has only posted once during Day 1 and so in danger of falling foul of mods at this stage. Seems unlikely for a wolf. Very little to go on.
    sullivlo 10 Posts in total. Initial post did seem odd to me too with no follow up. Explanations that followed seemed either wolfy or ill-informed. Interacts with 4 players in one post. Another 3 in another. When asked for reads says that everything is 'fluff'. I don't like how this all reads together BUT possibly disinterested or busy villager. Not convinced enough to vote here lynch 1.
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy 5 Posts in total. Only 2 since munch so in danger of modkill. Overwhelmed newbie or new wolf hoping for benefit of doubt. Would imagine if wolf, teammates would ensure they met minimum post guidelines - leaning village for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It's getting fun now. :)

You only have to make it to 7 and then the limit is lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

tritium wrote: »
    Happy to ffa but it’s probably pretty obvious who’ll I’ll be tagging

#ffa1
    Clarabel. Weak progression, unconvincing read attempts, fluff, willingness to clear based on fluff

Drumpot. Guilt by association since clar cleated them just for them having the good grace to post a bit of fluff. I’d lynch Clara first though

Number three tbc. Considered choc chip but not ready to nail that down just yet

Only my vbf calls me CLAR. We're not there yet!

Maybe I'm just a terrible player who isn't careful withy words.
    If I'm lynched when I'm clear don't clear drum by association.
    The only place I'm sitting is out my back garden.

Trit, I like that you've gone after me and not jumped on a sulli wagon. This is giving me more of a village feel.

Unless Suli is a bus, I don't think she's a wolf. (kill a wolf panic).

Why choc chip?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Trit, I like that you've gone after me and not jumped on a sulli wagon. This is giving me more of a village feel.

Why choc chip?

You back tracking on Drumpot now? Thought you said he wasn’t a wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’ve posted as much in less then a day then some have in a few days. I’m interested in those fingering my slot as a bad egg.

I had intended on taking this slow and going back through entire thread but decided to keep up to speed on thread instead as my name was coming up. I was wondering if my summary of posts (stopping at 200) unnerved some people and rather then give me more time to catchup they would rather keep me on these defending myself..

Better get back to cooking, those carrots and spuds won’t peel and cook themself.

@dandy - I voted ecto based on how she appeared to me whilst I was an observer not a player.

I’ve swapped to whippy now for what she said about sully

Ok. I've voted Drumpot as my strongest wolf lean right now. Reading back over my notes, I'm very concerned that I don't have enough wolves :( I'm also concerned that I'm in the top 3 posters. That is telling me that there are quite a few villagers who could afford to post a bit more during day phases going forward. Going to spend some more time digging. I am right in the midst of 'we're being played like fiddles' paranoia at the moment.

Did you read my posts about the progression?
    3 posts in - not a wolf
    5 posts in - still think not a wolf
    Ecto posts alternative thoughts - I can see where they coming from
    Other reads giving not as clear village read.

Clara reviews own initial read.

Why choc chip?

I'm going to find it so difficult not to call you clar now all the time. The inner child in me usually rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Playing catch up is draining. I’ve put my notes away for the evening and I’m just reading. Wanna ask whippy about her final paragraph in this post though.

If sully only has one post, why didn’t you say what you thought it said? You mention above you can’t remember exactly but doesn’t that mean you remember the gist? FWIW, I don’t see Sully’s first post as weird at all as it was relating to Keith clearing choccy is his first few posts of the game which was weirder.

I thought it was weird that she just popped in with that one accusation and we didn’t see anything else from her for ages. If I’m accusing someone I’m going to get into a discussion about it. To just drop it and disappear seems wolfie to me.

I've also not back tracked. I'm just responding to Trit saying he's going after drum cause of me. Since I know I'm village, then clearing drum cause I "cleared" him would be wrong.

Drum just v isn't as clear as I had him originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Okay,

So, doing my due diligence on who i'm voting for.

sullivlo wrote: »
    SKs post clearing CC seemed suspicious. N0 early role claim??

Easy snip at two players to make. A villager could have easily pick up on this and ran with it, leaving sully pretty clean as it was a one post wonder.

I don't have a backroom.

I just thought it was an unusual post by SK. That's all. I'm always wary of potential role claims, especially so early on and when a potential wolf would know what roles exist and would know that there's no real role to counter claim.

Unusual post for me to make?
    Do my posts always make sense to you?
    This whole sentence from 'i'm always' is just junk. I think i explain why in post #675.
    Also, the weird working, 'potential wolf'.
    Why not just wolf?
    A potential wolf may or may not know what roles exist.
    A wolf would know what roles exist.
    Just using thoses sentences to view mindset, either way, i think i explain in #675 how wolves don't know what world we are in, it's 1 of 5 worlds for them.

Village will never know the actual roles unless the wolf hunter gets lynched. So I'd be wary of any claims at the start. That's all.

yeah, #675 junked this too.

How so? Or which part. I'm on my phone so typing shorthand.

Wolf role hunter. It's either 4 wolves or 3 and a role hunter - my view being that it's a wolf seer.

Nothing new being brought to the table here.
    On the bolded bit - yes.

I just thought it was a flippant role claim. That’s all.

Yes. Eventually. But if you get it into your head that X is good then you’re going to believe it. I was just suspicious of the post. That’s all.

Thanks.

Sully is good.

Admits to not reading large chunks of the thread.

Her

I’m not a wolf. Your track record continues to be abysmal.

Herself

Thanks

-

Now we have the gender assumptions cleared up, why am I a wolf? Genuine question. It appears that it’s because of my post about Keith “clearing” CC. I’m not the only person who noted that.

My placeholder is on CC due to self preservation. I don’t have a read on anyone just yet.

Doesn't even have suspicion od CC, just voting for self pres.
    Thanks Barney!
    Jaysus Dandy. Read up. I’m not a dude.
    Lots of fluff from everyone tbh.

Zero wolf hunting.

Okay, due diligence done.

Sullivlo.
    The only person so far that you have said you are suspicious about is me with regards to my 2nd post, which was posted at a time when not one other person had posted on the thread.

Now that I have over 100 posts, can you point out either more suspicious posts by me or suspicious posts by anybody else.

Lots of fluff from everyone tbh.

This is the post that is nagging at me. Willing to put in a vote to self-pres but not willing to do a single bit of work for the same reason?

There is a lot of fluff on the thread but not a single solitary suspicion, other than that initial shade at Skeith, which isn't followed up at all. The sheer isolation of that initial post is what made me think it was actually meant for the BR.

I am veering from surely a wolf would throw out some accusations to surely a village would actually HAVE some accusations to make.

If I am totally honest I am not too sure if I will stick with my vote. Problem is there are a handful of people I have all at the same level and i'll probably only be active for another hour or so

Trit, can you explain the Dr No thing? trying to get a reaction? It was your first post so im sure you knew people would see it.

Of course I did. I started mentioning that skeith had been playing silly buggers with his seer claim on N0, noticed that n0 reads like NO and started playing with the words a bit to get to dr no since this is a bond game. There’s no tasks reference so why wouldn’t I?

About an hour ago I asked Trit who I voted for this. He was online and knew I was probably going to only be active for about an hour. If he addressed his first post since it was brought up before I was open to changing my vote but its 1am now so it'll probably stay in place.

About an hour ago I asked Trit who I voted for this. He was online and knew I was probably going to only be active for about an hour. If he addressed his first post since it was brought up before I was open to changing my vote but its 1am now so it'll probably stay in place.

But, you feel that his post at 1am would have been enough for you to consider somebody else, but just that he left it too late for you, so your vote shall stay on him and if he ends up being a villager, then this post will suffice as an explanation for voting a villager, because you were able to vote here but not in the lynch tread.

is that about right?

tritium wrote: »
    Of course I did. I started mentioning that skeith had been playing silly buggers with his seer claim on N0, noticed that n0 reads like NO and started playing with the words a bit to get to dr no since this is a bond game. There’s no tasks reference so why wouldn’t I?

and he posts right as I decide to fall asleep watching something :pac:this game eh!

The fact that you didn't address it was sticking in my mind though. Problem is there are a few I don't trust but nobody im sure about.

My FFA of Sully & Drumpot would still stand but im still kind of judging DP off Baggly. As much as I like DAndy he did concern me with his jump from Baggly good, Drum bad before he'd posted.

If I vote again it will have to be soon

Ah, you pair cross posted. lol.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Right, I've got maybe 10 minutes then I'll be driving again. Ive had a scan through today's posts but I'm really confused, especially with the subs. I need to go through things properly.

I'll likely be back by 8pm so will have an hour to update myself before lynch, which is rubbish but real life in the way today.

Sully, sorry for the wrong pronoun earlier. I didnt read you as wolfy yest and I'd like something from you if possible - i feel like you've not given much of a defence for your votes.

I'm going to start reading in detail now and again at 8ish.

Advertisement