Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope from the UK

Options
  • 03-06-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has used parcel motel or an post address pal to get a scope in from the UK and if so did you have any issues. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

In the last 6 months both my mate and I used on post to ship scopes in from UK, with no issues.

Previously, 6-7 years back I got hit with VAT shipping a scope from US to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Did you use a virtual address. Cheers

No straight to the door, the extra cost of posting direct was negligible when you factored in time taken and handling charge of Parcelmotel.

Cheers. The scope I want is over 9 power and the shop won't ship outside the Uk so I need to use a virtual address. I might use the an post one seeing that you didn't encounter any problem with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

BillBen wrote: »
    Cheers. The scope I want is over 9 power and the shop won't ship outside the Uk so I need to use a virtual address. .
    That is odd. The UK is still part of the EU and in the last 7 years i've shipped in 5 scopes from the UK all over 9 power. All i done was fill in an end user agreement, send it back to the UK dealer, wait two weeks for the UK police to ok the export and i had the scope within 3 to 4 days of the end user clearing.

Good thing about the end user is you can add on as many scopes as you like whether you intend to buy or not. The end user stays "live" for 2 years after you complete it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

As Cass has mentioned , there should be no problem getting a scope of any mag shipped from the UK, once end user agreement is signed.

Try another UK dealer, or if you have any friends in the North have it sent there.

I honestly don't know if they are really bothered if I buy of not. The scope is only £500 not a high-end one. I'll give send them a mail and see if I can't that route.

What are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Yes that is the only reason why they wont send the scope, there not bothered, they are not worried about the consumer
    That's why I wouldn't be buying of them.

Looking at the Bushnell nitro 6-24x50. Can't seem to see anyone here that sells them

• Advertisement

The reason I asked is there are plenty of secound hand Big Name scopes knocking around over there in your price range.
    If you want a bit of Mag but smaller objective look here :

http://rmacleod.co.uk/Category/Optics/Riflescopes#&&page=list

Cheers I'll have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I honestly don't know if they are really bothered if I buy of not. The scope is only £500 not a high-end one. I'll give send them a mail and see if I can't that route.

May not be a lot compared to some scopes, but still coming out of your pocket. Move on to somewhere different that appreciates your custom would be my advice. Somewhere like that would probably be a nightmare if anything goes wrong.

Also don't think any of the virtual addresses will insure for anything near that should it get damaged or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Did you use a virtual address. Cheers

Have used Parcelmotel twice for scopes no problems, use the Belfast address. Only slight worry is the standard insurance is only €100. You can increase it for a small fee €500 is €3.50, €1000 is €7.00 and max is €1500 cover for €10.50

Cherrs.

Advertisement