Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol choices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Also, what about the k22 x-trim?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Any views on on CZ P09 and Beretta 98?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭freddieot

I have a K22 X-trim. Can't fault it. Very accurate and reliable. Easy to clean. No real ammo or spring issues.

Also, it looks, feels very similar to the GP 9mm (except recoil of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

I've owned and shot them all over the years, Ruger, Hammerli. 22A, Model 41, And the best an AW93 (look it up) should never have sold that one.

I now have the Grand Power K22 XTrim. It shoots as good as any of the others, not the AW93, is accurate and best of all it LOOKS like and FEELS like a handgun. Classic 1911 and is modeled off their 9mm hndguns

Easy to clean, double single action. I have a custom trigger that just has the single action without any creep. Also I fitted a red dot sight on top.

Thanks for the K22 recommendations guys. Hope to get hands on when Brian returns to HH in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Any views on on CZ P09 and Beretta 98?

Thanks

The Beretta 98 is the dedicated .22 version of the 9mm Beretta 92.
    Beretta dont and have never made a bad pistol the 98 will cycle any type or make of .22lr ammo and is a very accurate full frame pistol,
    I have had the Beretta 97...own the 92 and fired the 98...they are all excellent pistols, not cheap..but you get for what you pay for...these pistols dont come up often for sale and there is a reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Hi,
    I shoot a Hammerli Xesse IPSC version and the farme is not soft alloy as far as I can see.
    I’ve had it a few years now and am shoot pretty well (I think). I feel its a FA I will never part with.
    I’m able to mount a Red Dot on the 11mm dovetail built into the top of the barrel frame. (You can purchase a Picatinny rail to mount on top as well).
    It does seem to have - or some of them do- a problem with slide lock back on empty magazine, but I finally figured out what that was and it was a simple fix.
    The mags are plastic, so don’t drop them - I had one that I dropped and the feed lip got dinted - won’t work now. But if minded they are very consistent.
    I have used CCI SV since the start (will not cycle with low velocity rounds) and Never had a failure to fire - until the firing pine required replacement- cheap part to install.
    I would highly recommend the IPSC version (has the LPA rear sights but I use a RD). It also has a great trigger - loads of adjustment (on IPSC)

Great Gun....but thats my opinion :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Wanted to give an update on this. Was up at Harbour guns today got to shoot both the xesse and the K22. My groups were a bit better with the k22, and it felt better in my hand.

Ended up putting a deposit on a new one. Thanks for all the input.

Now the wait begins....

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

That's the way to do it, the pistol that suits you is always the one. Enjoy

RS98 wrote: »
    Wanted to give an update on this. Was up at Harbour guns today got to shoot both the xesse and the K22. My groups were a bit better with the k22, and it felt better in my hand.

Now the wait begins....

And you get 3 extra grip inserts with the K22. With these you can customise the grip to fit your hand.
    Good choice of pistol, aim small and happy shooting.
    See you on the line soon
    CJ

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    RS98 wrote: »

Now the wait begins....

And you get 3 extra grip inserts with the K22. With these you can customise the grip to fit your hand.
    Good choice of pistol, aim small and happy shooting.
    See you on the line soon
    CJ

Thanks to advice from here I also purchased K22 Xtrim this weekend (second hand) This is my first time Pistol application (have/had rifle/SG). On the FCA1 application for Pistol I guess the sub type is semi auto?

Thanks to advice from here I also purchased K22 Xtrim this weekend (second hand) This is my first time Pistol application (have/had rifle/SG). On the FCA1 application for Pistol I guess the sub type is semi auto?

Yes correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Just a heads up...you will need to be a member of an approved range which has pistol authorisation

Just a heads up...you will need to be a member of an approved range which has pistol authorisation

Yep, already a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

juice1304 wrote: »
    I wouldnt buy anything manufactured by the PW group which is Hammerli, Umarex, Walther etc.
    They are 95% mim parts and alot of their frames are made from a soft zinc alloy.
    I would buy CZ, S&W 41 or any of the ruger pistols. they are all made from quality parts and will last. Any of these cheap pistols made to look like full size pistols are simply toys for the american market, where they presume they will be used to plink occasionally and where they can just be binned when they stop working, theyre not designed to shoot competitions every weekend.

Personally ive not had any issues with my Hammerli so I couldnt comment on bad quality as Ive had good service from the pistol and have shot it for 6 years now without any problems.
    As for cheap Id check out US prices if the .22 Hammerli s are still available.

There are a few .22 Hammerli pistols in Ireland for a reason, they function well and will run CCI ammo in my case very well. The only drawback is putting an additional weight replacement in the front of the gun.

As for results I know at least 4 people who have won national titles with them, so it proves their reliance.

Its never too late to do a Sub when the licence is granted for a Hammerli,
    In a year or two when you find out your not hitting where you need too you may regret it :-)

Advertisement