Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    See this is what amazes me about this game. Say anything and someone will turn it into something else.

As soon as I saw NRV I stopped reading properly as I knew the rest of the info wasn’t needed.

Keep digging. As an NRV i know the above is not the case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Mary delivered absolutely nothing of substance. Why was she offed?

Jaysus im not sure giving up coffee this morning was a good idea. Im off to find myself a cup of soup.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

If someone dies can they still talk in the back Room they had assigned?

I’ve never had a back room before

Henry WW wrote: »
    Keep digging. As an NRV i know the above is not the case.

Clodagh digging a shallow grave for herself early early...

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Mary delivered absolutely nothing of substance. Why was she offed?

Is there a reason you used the exact wording here that I did pre-munch?

Clodagh digging a shallow grave for herself early early...

So it seems, looks like I’ll have to do something else on my days off.

To be fair I don’t plan on voting anyway unless someone openly admits to a role, any role, in the room then I’ll vote for them

So it seems, looks like I’ll have to do something else on my days off.

To be fair I don’t plan on voting anyway unless someone openly admits to a role, any role, in the room then I’ll vote for them

why would you not vote? It's literally the only thing you have to do to play the game and not be modkilled!

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Is there a reason you used the exact wording here that I did pre-munch?

Because it's true. Funnily enough, I actually didn't even read your Mary read. I read the first few and then skipped to myself and left it there.

Great minds!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

My head is absolutely melting this morning :(

Local election coverage, late night and alcohol is a horrible combination.

Gonna read back from when I checked out yesterday, wouldn't take long but for my pounding head and dodgy bowels...

• Advertisement

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Gif tasks? TBH, i think one team would have gotten a gif task, and another team would have gotten something else. If they got similar tasks, they would be able to identify each other, which would be stupid for the Sk to do.

So non-gif tasks.

Spelling out words with the first letters of posts and/or sentences - will check as best i can. Where are all the spreadsheet players gone?

Derpy tasks (make mistakes on purpose) - Clodes would be the obvious one here, achieved just before the munch.

(For the sake of completeness) Claiming to have a secret. Me, obvs.

Achieve a certain number of posts by munch? Can check post levels at munch i guess. This one isnt really easy to figure out as the required post count could be anything.

why would you not vote? It's literally the only thing you have to do to play the game and not be modkilled!

Maybe it’s a task I have. Maybe it’s just because.

War raged on in the 3 remaining districts but Clodagh thought to themselves, wow, even though everyday it looks like civilization may be destroyed they still have a Dunnes open and willing to serve.

So with that happy thought Clodagh skipped off to Dunnes.

Bye all, happy sleuthing!!!!!! Be back later to generally add nothing to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

MOD NOTE

Lynch form is opened.

Maybe it’s a task I have. Maybe it’s just because.

Bye all, happy sleuthing!!!!!! Be back later to generally add nothing to the discussion.

Generally adding nothing, but definitely taking up most of the discussion!

Still reading, not much to catch up on tbh. But these two stand out so far...

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Sounds like something a wolf would say to someone else to try and take away from their own wolfiness... Interesting Phil, very interesting :P
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Fiona this may have stood out to me because Jigsaw being a serial killer was pointed out but these two combined popped out at me. The gif and bringing more attention to the character role. Would the SK be so brazen on day0?

Abigail was offed after highlighting Phil (jokingly? did he ever respond?) and Fiona (although I'm not sure if this is an actual accusation ).

Food for thought while I try and shake this hangover.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Maybe as you people are killed off but not sure there’s anyone back there just yet
    Jake WW wrote: »
    What do you mean “you people”? </gif>

Why has nobody else not commented on Conor’s post above? Who is this “you” you’re talking about Conor? Shouldn’t it be “we”?

Jake, did he reply to you about this?

#vote conor

Holly WW wrote: »
    Gif is missing

tenor.gif?itemid=7386304

Want to share something with the class Holly? Seems like you got something....

My summary of yesterday up to 2am, in case I'm about to be dead

Abigail WW – In quick succession, points to Phil’s wolfy comment, and draws connection between two of my posts, citing ballsy SK role claim
    Angus WW – Says Gabs is starting aggressively. No other posts of substance
    Barbara WW – Nothing of substance
    Brendan WW – Says OP is simple enough. Not too much to note
    Clodagh WW – Accuses Oisin of being a wolf with no evidence. Claims she didn’t even know he’d posted yet. Lots of useless nonsense
    Conor WW – One post, promises reads tomorrow. Nothing to go on
    Desmond WW – Very interested in Henry’s ‘secret’. Reiterates potential for tasks
    Doris WW – Says Gab is boosting post count. Says she’ll be back later but doesn’t appear
    Eva WW – First to highlight potential tasks. No other posts of note
    Frank WW – Gives interpretation of OP.
    Gabriel WW – Asks questions early. Questions Clodagh’s quick accusation, and Steve’s agreement
    Gertrude WW – Mostly insignificant, and yet claims that Day 0 fluff will lead to accusations by wolves later
    Henry WW – Claims to have a secret, but doesn’t share
    Holly WW – Points to Clodagh as being keen for info on the wolves
    Jake WW – Notes Gert’s attempt to pocket – possible joke. No other subatance
    Liam WW – Starts with a 3rd-person essay, then goes on to have a strange conversation with Phil. Admits it might look staged. Moves on to question Steve’s quick accusations of Oisin, saying he could be lunched, but then reassures O that he’s probably safe. Generally all over the place
    Mary WW – Nothing of substance
    Oisin WW – Very defensive at Clodagh’s thin wolf accusation and Steve’s follow-up. Points to potential bandwagon
    Phil WW – Other side of Liam convo. Throws random shade at Abigail. Quizzes Steve on Oisin accusation. Also interested in Henry
    Riona WW – Thinks I’m the SK based on a gif. Probably Day 0 banter, but one to watch
    Steve WW – Focuses on Oisin for his reaction to Clodagh’s accusation
    Tegan WW – Tells Oisin anything can happen
    Wendy WW – Only person not to post yet

Fiona this is a decent interaction post.

BUT...

Where are your conclusions, reads? Who do you think is dodgy.

Seems to me to be a whole lot of work without any conclusions.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Still reading, not much to catch up on tbh. But these two stand out so far...

Abigail was offed after highlighting Phil (jokingly? did he ever respond?) and Fiona (although I'm not sure if this is an actual accusation ).

Food for thought while I try and shake this hangover.

If that's your reasoning then the clear person for me to off would have been Liam?

If that's your reasoning then the clear person for me to off would have been Liam?

:confused: That's a weird conclusion you're jumping to there Phil. Why did you not respond to Abi as a matter of interest?

:confused: That's a weird conclusion you're jumping to there Phil. Why did you not respond to Abi as a matter of interest?

How is it weird?

I guess I didn't acknowledge abi's because I was posting about other things. I suppose I may have missed it.

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    Maybe as you people are killed off but not sure there’s anyone back there just yet

Did you mean this for your backroom Conor :p

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Why has nobody else not commented on Conor’s post above? Who is this “you” you’re talking about Conor? Shouldn’t it be “we”?

#vote conor

I agree it's weird phrasing, let's see if Conor gives us an answer as the day progresses.

Desmond WW wrote: »

#vote conor

This is very true. Slips like this need to be accounted for. Good man for resurfacing Dessie

How is it weird?

I guess I didn't acknowledge abi's because I was posting about other things. I suppose I may have missed it.

Where did I accuse you of killing Abi, that's the leap you're making there. That you immediately jump to that is... interesting.

I just found those posts interesting is all. Not quite sure what to make of them.

Wolfy misdirection? Or munching someone who was asking the right questions.

Could it be that you and Fiona are on a wolf team together?

:thinking:

Where did I accuse you of killing Abi, that's the leap you're making there. That you immediately jump to that is... interesting.

There's no explicit accusation. But that doesn't matter. If I didn't defend myself after your response, people would then ask why? Just like you did when I missed Abi's.

When you bring up the fact that somebody was offed after calling out a specific person, it's something that has to be adressed as a potential accusation.. Simples.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I had an idea in my head that Fiona could be Crane. Using the serial killer GIF to be peaked and showing good if the Seer bit.

Abigail poked at Fiona too and is dead. No way to tell the kills apart reading that flavor. Maybe the SK thought the same as me and killed Abi to get heat on Fiona?

There's no explicit accusation. But that doesn't matter. If I didn't defend myself after your response, people would then ask why? Just like you did when I missed Abi's.

When you bring up the fact that somebody was offed after calling out a specific person, it's something that has to be adressed as a potential accusation.. Simples.

Nah, just responding to the post is generally acceptable. No need for the defensiveness :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Fiona this is a decent interaction post.

BUT...

Where are your conclusions, reads? Who do you think is dodgy.

Seems to me to be a whole lot of work without any conclusions.

I was suspect of Abigail, for throwing out two random suspects in quick succession. Still could have been a wolf, but nothing we can do about that for now

Clodagh's instant accusation of Oisin is suspect, and is coming across as either unhelpful villager or wolf. Swaying towards the former

The fact that Gertrude threw out a lot of fluff before saying fluff could be misinterpreted seemed odd. Laying down a future defence against her previously un-suspect actions is itself suspect

Liam and Phil are intertwined by their conversation yesterday. Again, pointing out themselves that it looks like a staged conversation just highlights how suspect it is even more

Steve's aggression on Oisin, unlike Clodagh's, comes across as real. Which makes me very suspect since there is little to back up that accusation other than Oisin's reaction

Those were my top suspects as of last night

Nah, just responding to the post is generally acceptable. No need for the defensiveness :)

Let's agree to disagree. If someone accuses me, or sows doubts around my NRVness, I'll defend it.

As I'd expect anyone else in the same position to do. As I expected Oisin to do when called out. And as I explicitly agreed with him doing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Morning all, have reviewed the OP and these are my thoughts:
    The Capitol has wiped out all but 3 districts. These 3 districts have created strongholds and the war has reached a stalemate.

Does this mean 3 village teams or ALL players are split among the 3 districts?
    Each district and the Capitol will send their best fighters to compete in the Ultimate Hunger Game.

This would lead me to believe there will be competitions at some stage throughout the game. I wonder how it is decided who competes?
    She also setup an ad-hoc communication channel to keep her immune from any power blocking and seer peeks.

SK is immune to power blocking and seer peeks.
    Katniss will also have the chance to find Peeta or Gayle.

I assume she can only find one of these, wonder if there is any difference depending on who she finds. I reckon they will then get to share a BR.
    Cato can protect a player each night from both attacks and peeks

Wolves have a seer / bodyguard also. Wonder if they get have to choose if it is a protect / peek or do protect from both at the same time?
    Each night, Caesar can block a player's power, if they have any. However, he can't block President Alma Coin

Wolves also have a role blocker
    However, in reality, he was banished from the Capitol and given a new identity.

I wonder if this is a peeks good once mechanic or something else at play

• Advertisement

I was suspect of Abigail, for throwing out two random suspects in quick succession. Still could have been a wolf, but nothing we can do about that for now

Clodagh's instant accusation of Oisin is suspect, and is coming across as either unhelpful villager or wolf. Swaying towards the former

The fact that Gertrude threw out a lot of fluff before saying fluff could be misinterpreted seemed odd. Laying down a future defence against her previously un-suspect actions is itself suspect

Liam and Phil are intertwined by their conversation yesterday. Again, pointing out themselves that it looks like a staged conversation just highlights how suspect it is even more

Steve's aggression on Oisin, unlike Clodagh's, comes across as real. Which makes me very suspect since there is little to back up that accusation other than Oisin's reaction

Those were my top suspects as of last night

Thanks, that's helpful. I think Clodagh is probably telling the truth fwiw, they seem frustrated at being NRV (why, I don't know, it's a lot of fun).

I didn't like Steve jumping on Oisin at all tbh, it was OTT.

And I tend to agree on Phil and Liam and their little téte a téte yesterday. Could be wolf theatre, but that Phil deliberately alluded to it in one of his posts makes me less suss of that.

Advertisement