Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    To be fair...Dandy is the name of a player not an obscure game related acronym.

I’m a legend in my own underpants, everyone should know my name, obviously a wolf if not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Guys can you have a look at this post please

If we are to do it then we should probably agree to do it by 9pm or we are increasing the risk of the priest being killed off

Tegan WW wrote: »
    This isn't a bad idea I think. Anyone see any flaw with it? Only danger I can think of is if players have been id'd in the backrooms

I should have said if you're already outted in your BR then maybe not a great idea

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

New information has come to light. Why did Liam post a dandy story and then clodes claimed to be Dandy?

I was working off an assumption only nrvs were in the district backrooms but that is now definitely not the case. If it had been it would have meant Liam and Clodagh were nrv buddies. Now I cant be sure.

Why did you share a story with someone else to post dandy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It's an obscure name-related acronym, that other people - myself included - didn't know

It literally came up in the most recent game. Which had 20 odd players who would know the name. It's not that obscure. Being able to explain it means it was likely someone who played that game or read the thread.

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote:
    If we are to do it then we should probably agree to do it by 9pm or we are increasing the risk of the priest being killed off

We discussed it in our room earlier today . If there is no link between someone's on thread and br accounts, then fine. If someone thinks they can be identified through post style, then maybe not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Quotes Fiona's jigsaw GIF asking a valid question

Riona WW wrote: »
    Wasn't jigsaw a.... Serial killer?

replies to Fiona's post who had said jigsaw/SK was misunderstood

Are... You misunderstood?

Brings up Fiona again

Can we not just lynch Fiona for the blatant serial killer gif and work from there?

This post an hour after her last and just after announcement from mods re gifts

No gifts here :(

Posting this morning before munch (Nb: at time of posting this ISO, Liam has recently done a list of pre munch posters but does not include Riona).
    I've included Oisin as I there's a post in the middle i'm querying ....

Oisin WW wrote: »
    I’m inclined to think the tasks could be wolf v SK for the first kill. Be interesting to see if we have 1 or 2 kills this morning.
    Why? Inside knowledge?
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    If I had inside knowledge I wouldn’t be sharing it

Where is the post that shows this leap? I searched Oisin's but couldn't find reference to "are there or not tasks"

Its an interesting leap to go straight from "are there or not tasks" to "its for the first kill".

Change of subject and is looking at role mechanics. Fair enough......

Seneca Crane: Was the Head Gamemaker during the 74th Hunger Games. Snow told Katniss he had him executed for letting both her and Peeta live by locking him in a room containing poisonous nightlock berries to consume. However, in reality, he was banished from the Capitol and given a new identity. Snow has now identified him as a key member of team Capitol as he knows a thing or two about the arena.

Probably means they'll show as Village on first seer peak.

Fluff post to Henry just before munch.

I'm here for you Henry.

Back to Fiona. I questioned this earlier but why would a baddy draw a peek? If they know they peek good would they just not worry about it?

I had an idea in my head that Fiona could be Crane. Using the serial killer GIF to be peaked and showing good if the Seer bit.

Abigail poked at Fiona too and is dead. No way to tell the kills apart reading that flavor. Maybe the SK thought the same as me and killed Abi to get heat on Fiona?

Reference to tusk posting naked

Makes sense from that liking all Pters posts would have side effects.

Asking Clodagh what last part of long post stood for

and ph7?

Clodagh says PH7 is neutral and Riona posts this. I don't get the reference.

tumblr_nptq18s09Q1uy95wbo1_500.gif

Mods have just announced someone is trapped. Few players discussing if it's a gift.

Trapped?
    Who posted the gift gif yesterday? Any input from them?
    Or even better, is the trapped player able to make themselves known?

Responds to Clodagh's venus fly trap post.

Are you claiming credit?

reply again to Clodagh re: same convo as above

u ok hun xx?

Henry is talking about low posters and the last game teaching us nothing. Riona replies...

There were no roles in the last game.

Still looking for push on Fiona. Bit calm about losing a RV.

I'm gonna quote this again as my vote is on Fiona for now and I gotta go for a while. Clodagh is too chaotic to lynch right now, maybe give some time and see what happens. If they're RV then a Munch might do the job for us anyway.

This one NAI

Not gonna vote Clodagh either. Mods will sort it if there's a real issue.

As an aside, play the game looking enough and you're going to be lynched a lot as a village. It's the wolf's job after all, munches alone don't work. Dandy I'd prefer if you stayed so we can work together (maybe still lynch you at some point, could still be a wolf after all) but don't take any of this personally. It's just a game :)

Once again quite calm at possibilty of losing a villager.

It's a self resolving situation. Worst case scenario it wastes a lynch and we start tomorrow down two more villages after 10am with no proper work done.
    Feels a bit tense in here, are we all ok? Let "attack the post not the poster" guide us as we play.

Replying to me re: Alma Coin. Now this is where my suspicions really lie. Seeing as Riona knew so much about Crane and his peeking good and tying Fiona into a scenario, how did she not know what the other roles in the game in particular the SK which she thinks Fiona was pretending to be?

How do you know she peeks good?

Replying to a mad theory of mine that SK might just post in districts and not on thread.

Easy to find, just look at the post history for the character not posting but making lynch votes. Or not posting but not getting mod killed for missing lynch votes.

Pushing Clodagh again? Is there a bandwagon at this time forming elsewhere?

Or Clodagh... who has made moves to abandon the game but no action seems to have been taken yet?

conclusion
    Not that many posts to analyse. The pushing of Fiona, pushing the Clodagh lynch too. Big warning sign over her missing the SK mechanics. On the wolfy side for me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    We discussed it in our room earlier today . If there is no link between someone's on thread and br accounts, then fine. If someone thinks they can be identified through post style, then maybe not.

If I were one of them, I’d be really reluctant to step out of the shadows at all on Day one. An investigative wolf might notice things you didn’t. Common spelling mistakes, time stamps aligning, etc. putting any sort of target on your back on night one, even a very small one, seems super risky. Right?

Conor WW wrote: »
    Guys can you have a look at this post please

It's an interesting idea. It's obviously not going to work if people have revealed their names in their BRs but if not it might be effective.

There could be a downside in that it might give the wolves a narrower pool to role hunt in though.

New information has come to light. Why did Liam post a dandy story and then clodes claimed to be Dandy?

I was working off an assumption only nrvs were in the district backrooms but that is now definitely not the case. If it had been it would have meant Liam and Clodagh were nrv buddies. Now I cant be sure.

I thought Liam was Dandy when he posted first

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Tbh Henry I'm confused as to why you ever thought that might be the case. Speaking purely from a mechanics perspective, wouldn't that be very village sided?

Frank WW wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea. It's obviously not going to work if people have revealed their names in their BRs but if not it might be effective.

There could be a downside in that it might give the wolves a narrower pool to role hunt in though.

How does it narrow it down? I don't understand that bit

@Gabriel what's ur thoughts?

I see the merits but it's risky. I'm certain there are wolves in the backrooms and if they collate post times/identify backroom posters correctly it's a turkey shoot for them.

Remember they already know who they are, and can likely collate all the rooms information in their own.

Jake WW wrote:
    If I were one of them, I’d be really reluctant to step out of the shadows at all on Day one. An investigative wolf might notice things you didn’t. Common spelling mistakes, time stamps aligning, etc. putting any sort of target on your back on night one, even a very small one, seems super risky. Right?

Yep.
    Gabriel WW wrote:
    Tbh Henry I'm confused as to why you ever thought that might be the case. Speaking purely from a mechanics perspective, wouldn't that be very village sided?

Mods have secrets. We thought it was nrv club house, but Snow could watch us intermittently or something. So secret club but not really secret.

Plus there could be stuff at play we don't know about to balance it out. Unless you have all the info gabe, I don't see how you can dismiss it like that.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I see the merits but it's risky. I'm certain there are wolves in the backrooms and if they collate post times/identify backroom posters correctly it's a turkey shoot for them.

Remember they already know who they are, and can likely collate all the rooms information in their own.

But there's only one baddie per BR, and we're only talking about two good roles

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It's an obscure name-related acronym, that other people - myself included - didn't know

I also knew Dandy but not RNG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

Players are reminded to use their Anon name when casting their lynch vote. Existing votes using Boards account will be accepted but please use the Anon name going forward or your vote may not be counted.

Yep.

Mods have secrets. We thought it was nrv club house, but Snow could watch us intermittently or something. So secret club but not really secret.

Plus there could be stuff at play we don't know about to balance it out. Unless you have all the info gabe, I don't see how you can dismiss it like that.

Ha, you realise how powerful a tool that is where villagers can confirm each other?

I don't have all the info, I bloody well wish I did!

There are liars amongst you if they are all claiming NRV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

See Conor, I want to think you're village, but you keep doing stuff like this - it just feels like pocketing.

I'm going to be away til after lynch. My vote's in. May the mods be ever in your favour.

giphy.gif

Could be overthinking but what if priest/seer is in BR1 along with wolf. Comes out in backroom. Now wolves can focus on trying to match BR style/time of posting to main thread. Also what if one BR has both? No clue on the mechanics of the BRs but if randomly assigned could be possible.

• Advertisement

Why would you think there were only NRVs in the district backrooms? What would be the point of that?

Did Clodagh give Liam a story to write whilst you were chatting in your district?

You all sound loosed tongued in there!

One? How can you be sure?

There's 5 baddies in total. Definitely gonna be a double stack somewhere.

Jake WW wrote: »

But if you die your information dies with you?
    Maybe its up to them to decide how important the information they have
    The danger with waiting is that they are killed and the wolves take a chance and just claim the role. The earlier its revealed the more reliable it will be IMO

Theres four on one team and another team, so a room is double stacked but they don't know

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Choc Chip wrote: »
    See Conor, I want to think you're village, but you keep doing stuff like this - it just feels like pocketing.

I'm going to be away til after lynch. My vote's in. May the mods be ever in your favour.

giphy.gif

Oh sh1t. That's me. Sigh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Is your read of the SK not that they don’t have a district? (I.e. isn’t in a backroom with another group)

Can I interject?

Conor, you should be fighting for your life not submitting to death. Get on another wagon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I didn’t, I don’t have exclusive rights on flavour

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Ok, I patiently waited for Wendy to engage with me but she has ignored all posts where I referenced her.

I’m aboard the Wenderley Wagon

Vote. Wendy

I have not seen any post where you asked to engage with me. The result of a somewhat skimmy relationship with the thread

Like I said at the time, I found your opening post wolfy. its curious that you take that line with me as soon as I leave the thread. Vote me when I cant be online to defend myself

• Advertisement

We can't possibly be sure of that. There could be more than one per BR.

Advertisement