Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I over reacting?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

'gis a light;'. 'is there an ashtray?' 'gis a drag ' At feckin 4am there's not any bloody noise distraction. If I were to peer out at them they would have seen me, we'd have been looking at each other! If I got up and bothered to look out I would have called out to them and asked them to keep it down. I was trying to sleep. Maybe you like staring out at your neighbours and think it's normal, personally I don't.

:D This is not how people talk. Snared once more! It's ok to admit you were snooping and peaking out your curtains. Not the kind of behaviour that will endear you to your neighbours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Dont rise to that poster Ger, anyone else would do the same thing faced with noise at 4am, they are just trying to be smart or are one of these people like your neighbours that think its ok.

I wpuld talk to them and say if it happens again your going to the guards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mod Note.

Ok, after reading through the thread again due to reports, they all seem to related to one posters comments.

I will reopen the thread for now.

@Farawayhome, do not continue with the constant de-railing. Consider this an on thread warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Yes but you were snooping, that is clear.

How is it snooping if it’s a public account, available for any registered user to see?

It’s the same as saying if I were to click onto your Boards profile and read your old posts it would be snooping - it isn’t.

This seems like a pretty clear case to me.
    I'd call into the neighbor, explain that you've become aware of the photo, and that you're not happy with these people climbing into your garden.
    They're not children getting a football back ffs. If these are adults, they have absolutely zero right to climb into your garden, ever.

Being honest, I'd try to deal with the neighbor in a friendly manner initially, and see how you get on with them. It may have been a single occasion where they climbed into your garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

It's pretty black and white to me, no matter the immature attempts at derailment. No matter how you came about the picture, you were above board. The point is your neighbours thought it was ok to hoist themselves into your garden, while you were in bed (or otherwise, no matter) and stupidly take a pic and post it. It wasn't ok. Some people mightn't care in the slightest. Some might be annoyed by it. Some would be creeped out by it. All would be entitled to their reaction (within reason obviously) it's their property after all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mod Note

Guys, just to be clear.
    No more chat on snooping or how the OP found an image on a public accessible site. It is not snooping when it’s in the public domain.

End it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Could this photo be a repost?
    So one of your daughter's mates took the original picture and someone else steals the picture from their profile to out up on their own.
    You mentioned it's connected with a local business or something, could it be someone just posting up a nice picture of local art or whatever that they found on another page

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

'gis a light;'. 'is there an ashtray?' 'gis a drag ' At feckin 4am there's not any bloody noise distraction. If I were to peer out at them they would have seen me, we'd have been looking at each other! If I got up and bothered to look out I would have called out to them and asked them to keep it down. I was trying to sleep. Maybe you like staring out at your neighbours and think it's normal, personally I don't.

The noise nuisance is relatively easy to deal with. Been there done that many times sadly.

Complain to them.

If they refuse to stop, see

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/environmental_protection/noise_regulations.html

This is well regulated.

if they refuse etc, then you write to them advising them that you are intending to go to the District Court, a formal letter.

Low cost, no solicitor needed,

I have never had to actually do that as the mention of court seems to work well .
    But all night chatting is not on!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

PS no you are NOT overreacting, far from it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Suttree wrote: »
    Why were you on her friends Instagram?

I think we all know why.

Giggidy.

Advertisement