Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport police & Fire Job May 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Toll123

They haven’t mentioned it yet. Said there’ll be a call early next week.

So you don't have a date for the medical is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 newrecruit2

Toll123 wrote: »
    So you don't have a date for the medical is it?

No I do have a date

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

I'd love to see what they're offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Just out of the interview now. They asked a lot about my previous work and how I’d deal with pressure situations and also asked to speak about the difference between the regular fire service and the airport service. Also spoke about salary which was lower than what I expected, two of my mates that are going for it definitely won’t accept it if offered.

I find it strange that they emailed a friend of mine saying they were unsuccessful and then didn’t email you at all...maybe contact HR? You definitely have a right to know regardless.

My general feeling on it is that it’ll be a lot more boring than the regular service. Sounds like most of the day is spent checking parameters and training with the odd emergency landing every year.

The salary the old staff are on is absolutely shockingly huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Toll123

No I do have a date

Well best of luck with it, I was trying to find out if there are any eyesight requirements as I would be interested in applying for Dublin if/when it comes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 newrecruit2

Toll123 wrote: »
    Well best of luck with it, I was trying to find out if there are any eyesight requirements as I would be interested in applying for Dublin if/when it comes up.

The regular service is a very different and more open process

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    The salary the old staff are on is absolutely shockingly huge.

Can imagine, would prob be close to 6 figures you reckon?

Advertisement