Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Irish forestry fund.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

I spoke to someone on Friday and she said they'd all gone out in the post that morning.

Just rang again and Susanne answering the phone said they're definitely gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭antietam1

Some guy on here said I was probably going to feel like a fool on here Monday, being so negative.
    Can I add a non specific cronyism to my rant about incompetence, corruption and nepotism.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shaun73

The Paul Brosnan Show continues. The postman is making his deliveries in my area right now. He did not deliver anything to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paris24

I had emailed Paul Brosnan twice back in May and June... and I just sent a follow up just now and got this back:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: The Third Irish Forestry Fund Plc - ref 3IFF/45
    Sent: 19/08/2019 09:50

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Paul Brosnan' on 19/08/2019 09:54

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

Does anyone know if there are any options you have if the return ends up being poor?

Any legal optiona to pursue or is it simply a case of you have to take what you are given?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Does anyone know if there are any options you have if the return ends up being poor?

Any legal optiona to pursue or is it simply a case of you have to take what you are given?

Financial Regulator worth a call ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Robodoc

Nothing in the post here either, disappointed but not surprised. Am not expecting a significant return at this stage, and I still see forestry groups advertising double digit returns on facebook, if only there was a grain of truth there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At work so dunno yet but
    I'll let Tuesday come and go before getting at all anxious

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

In this country "Talk to Joe" is probably your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Davo222

Think about it they said this is the right time to sell!
    For who? What are the new investors buying up the fund for ?
    Not a loss that's for sure. They have not acted for us ,total conflict of interest.
    This needs close scrutiny.
    They are running with the hair and hunting with the hound.
    What advice did they give new investors as they will still be managing the fund for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

No cheque in the post here yet, either :- ( .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

With all the shareholders involved ..the number of cheques would be considerable ..yet No-one has so far received anything ...is it possible the whole thing was and is a complete 'Sham' ??

As of now (11.09 am) there have been no confirmations of cheques received.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paris24

My office is 8min drive from their offices... I am so tempted to rock up there now and ask some questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hatters

I’d say they were posted alright.....probably 6pm Friday evening.... very poor...

paris24 wrote: »
    My office is 8min drive from their offices... I am so tempted to rock up there now and ask some questions...

I am reminded of Jimmie Stewart in "it's a wonderful life" with the creditors crowding into the small town savings and loan looking for their money.
    I ah ah em if y'all just wait a bit you'll get your money.

paris24 wrote: »

...if even you could get someone to commit that the cheques actually went out that would be much appreciated !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

antietam1 wrote: »
    I am reminded of Jimmie Stewart in "it's a wonderful life" with the creditors crowding into the small town savings and loan looking for their money.
    I ah ah em if y'all just wait a bit you'll get your money.

I sure hope your right !! though I think the two situations might be totally different .. don't forget .. this 'MONDAY BONANZA' wasn't of our making .. it was the Managers of the funds doing .. they set the 'selling agenda' and 'information agenda' !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corcor76

It’s also possible that the cheques were not issued in Ireland. If something was posted from the UK or Europe on Friday I wouldn’t get it on Monday but later on in the week.
    Maybe I’m just clutching at straws

I sure hope your right !! though I think the two situations might be totally different .. don't forget .. this 'MONDAY BONANZA' wasn't of our making .. it was the Managers of the funds doing .. they set the 'selling agenda' and 'information agenda' !

In the movie Jimmies uncle unwisely signs a deal with big banker, it was managements doing. Jimmy is about to end it all by jumping in the river, has anybody checked on Paul Brosnan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

If they were posted on Friday it's unlikely they'd be delivered by Monday, especially if they were posted in the afternoon. Next day postal delivery is a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

If they were posted on Friday it's unlikely they'd be delivered by Monday, especially if they were posted in the afternoon. Next day postal delivery is a thing of the past.

Don't know where your living or when ya last used the post ..

I use it quite regularly and even posting in my local post office by 5.30 PM .. most items within Ireland are delivered the following morning !

Again I stress .. it was them that set the criteria about the sale and postage .. they could have clarified that shareholders should be receiving payment starting the week of Monday the 19th. ... instead they announced cheques will be issued on Friday the 16th.

I live in Dublin and I get most of my local post the following day.

I see that the financial statements have now been added to the IFS home page. If the cheques were posted on Friday, there was nothing to stop Paul Brosnan placing an announcment to that effect on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ForFsSake

The cheques were probably taken away in large bags late Friday afternoon to a sorting office rather than put directly into a local post office or post box. They will turn up. I am saving my anger for the contents of the envelope rather than the speed it turns up!

I imagine Young Brosnan has given the poor girl he pays to answer the phone a firm "no calls to be put through today, thank you" instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nerine

No post here either

I emailed them and Sharon Lally replied that all cheques were sent out on Friday along with a 'Dividend Warrant'.

Ode To The Motorist

galwaytt wrote: »
    I emailed them and Sharon Lally replied that all cheques were sent out on Friday along with a 'Dividend Warrant'.

Morning, am or close of trading

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ReturnedExpat

I checked the post at lunchtime. Just the visa bill so far. Nothing since May from the Forestry Fund#2

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corcor76

I got a response to my email. She confirmed cheques were posted Friday and that they would be with clients on Tuesday based on the information from the postal carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 nerine

Thanks for that info, let's hope!

Advertisement