Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Both crackers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Nenagh 0 Bohs 10
    Young Munster 11 Garryowen 7

Many(any?) games not go ahead today?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭luke9311

off the top of my head sligo game and barnhall game didnt go ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Anyone know how James Kenny is getting on at 9 for Lansdowne. Happy to see him getting a run of health.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how James Kenny is getting on at 9 for Lansdowne. Happy to see him getting a run of health.

did well enough now yesterday against a good hinch side was up against aaron cairns

Just 2 games this weekend
    Buccaneers barnhall in 2A Friday at 8.30 and Corinthians sligo in 2B saturday at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Just 2 games this weekend
    Buccaneers barnhall in 2A Friday at 8.30 and Corinthians sligo in 2B saturday at 6pm

Should be a bit of bite to the Corinthians vs. Sligo fixture following some post cup final shenanigans by Sligo.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/sligo-rfc-apologises-to-galway-club-38857173.html

Ulster senior cup final between armagh and Ballynahinch will be streamed by Ulster rugby

Ulster senior cup final about to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Buccaneers 10 MU Barnhall 23

Tyler Bleyendaal to join Garryowen as a coach for rest of season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

He might not get to coach much...... season is over I’d say.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    He might not get to coach much...... season is over I’d say.

yeah was thinking that or irfu textend the season by a month with playoffs into june instead of may (taking it at face value that country on lockdown for 5-6 weeks but really at this stage its a guessing game) but dunno if clubs will agree to it to be honest

I cannot see the league continuing into the summer, there have always been insurance issues about rugby on harder ground.

Also if they continue the season what happens for example if one team has 20 people in club with Covid 19 and another doesn’t, isn’t fair.

They either call the season as is, with Cork Con champions and go maybe 1st goes up and last goes down or else null and void the season. I suppose hard to know, like it is prob 75% of season done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Season will be null and void, no relegation or promotion. Start again next year.

Season will be null and void, no relegation or promotion. Start again next year.

that a definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Theres no way it'll go to June. AIL is a young league and the age profile all have summer plans like J1 etc. Now remains to be seen if they'l evenl still be on, but I can't see it happening.

I'd say it'll be scratch it and start again or finish as is and have playoffs. Some teams may be aggrieved because it's close in their division, but I'm sure the teams accept to play in the league under any circumstances so it's in the hands of the IRFU.

My take would be they call it as is, like Highfield are miles clear in 1B and Navan miles from safety. Ballina miles from safety in bottom, hard to say they should remain in their division

No one comes up from Junior rugby whatever way it goes mind.

First goes up and last goes down, as it is a fair trade off then.

But there is no right answer either way.

luke9311 wrote: »
    yeah was thinking that or irfu textend the season by a month with playoffs into june instead of may (taking it at face value that country on lockdown for 5-6 weeks but really at this stage its a guessing game) but dunno if clubs will agree to it to be honest
    depends on how long this lasts and training can start up again.
    I cannot see the league continuing into the summer, there have always been insurance issues about rugby on harder ground.

Also if they continue the season what happens for example if one team has 20 people in club with Covid 19 and another doesn’t, isn’t fair.

They either call the season as is, with Cork Con champions and go maybe 1st goes up and last goes down or else null and void the season. I suppose hard to know, like it is prob 75% of season done.
    very hard to just say season is null and void at this late stage.
    Theres no way it'll go to June. AIL is a young league and the age profile all have summer plans like J1 etc. Now remains to be seen if they'l evenl still be on, but I can't see it happening.

I'd say it'll be scratch it and start again or finish as is and have playoffs. Some teams may be aggrieved because it's close in their division, but I'm sure the teams accept to play in the league under any circumstances so it's in the hands of the IRFU.
    the league isnt that much a young persons league certainly not for most clubs with large numbers going on j1s.
    My take would be they call it as is, like Highfield are miles clear in 1B and Navan miles from safety. Ballina miles from safety in bottom, hard to say they should remain in their division

No one comes up from Junior rugby whatever way it goes mind.

First goes up and last goes down, as it is a fair trade off then.

But there is no right answer either way.
    very hard to say oh Ballina and navan should be relegated but nobody can come up from junior. There isnt a right answer and a lot could depend on when the whole situation begins to improve and see then how to scavenge anything from season like finishing off some of the seasons competitions.

• Advertisement

I reckon they probably just scratch this season over calling the playoffs as it is based on positions tbh (in the case of 1a anyways)

Didn’t mean junior sides shouldn’t go up - more than if they decide no games can be played then no round robin can be run off.

Bad all round really. Call it as it is and sides in 2/3/4th hard done by.
    Null and void season then sides in 1st who have gotten there fair and square hard done by and sides bottom of table get a bit lucky.

Bigger things to worry about that this in life I suppose.

League is finished. Season declared null and void
    There will be no promotion or relegation in any of the five divisions and round Robin will not take place

Not surprised. Pretty hard pill for Highfield to take and hard to say Navan or Ballina deserve to stay up

Probably only way but hard for the teams at top of their leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Do Navan even want to be in 1B next year? It’s a big call as the season was so close to the end.

Club scene podcast ran a quiz on the league on zoom during the week and are now putting up the questions round by round if people want to do something over the next few days...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The odds are that social distancing and the ban on large gatherings will still be in place come the start of next season so it pretty pointless, because nobody will be able to watch it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement