Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When casting made a balls of it

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Vince Vaughan in True Detective S2. I wanted to believe he was going to shock us all, but he just didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Eoin Wilson.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Wheety wrote: »
    Aiden Gillen in everything.

Outrageous statement to be honest. Apart from GOT where he went for it a little too much I would say he is a pretty decent actor and can be very good on occasion.

I can't remember the name of the actors or characters off hand but the TV show revolution where the power stops world wide etc but they completely miscast the whole show. Only one who came out of it alright was the guy who played gus in breaking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

I am 100% behind the contribution of Aiden Gillen to this thread. ****ing brutal. Same one brooding look, same flat monotone voice regardless of role. A one trick pony that should have been put down after the first trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

John Connors in anything.....

Give it over, he is a fine actor he stole the show in love/hate
    Ha ha. Nearly fell for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Robert Sheehan as Darren in love/hate.

Couldn't really take him seriously as the that type of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ha ha. Nearly fell for that.

Stole more then the show....

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Jesse Eisenberg in Batman v Superman.

Much too menacing for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Nicolas Cage in every movie he’s been in apart from Raising Arizona.

Brilliant in the Usual Suspects and good in Gone in 60 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ted1 wrote: »
    Brilliant in the Usual Suspects

Nah, that wasn't him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jodie Whittaker as Doctor Who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Deedsie wrote: »
    I dont know why we bother with these threads.

Cillian Murphy is a very good actor.

Because people think their opinions are facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Jonathan Rhys Myers as Steerpike in Gormenghast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ian Glen in all those Jack Taylor things. A terrible series. Terrible acting. Acting like he was in L.A.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor in the most recent 'Terminator' movie. Can't hold a candle to Linda Hamilton.

If we're not restricted to acting roles... George Lucas in most everything post original Star Wars trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Jeremy Sisto in everything
    Pilou Asbæk (Euron) in GOT
    Anne Heche in pretty much everything
    Dominic Keating in Heroes (that accent!:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Plastik wrote:
    I am 100% behind the contribution of Aiden Gillen to this thread. ****ing brutal. Same one brooding look, same flat monotone voice regardless of role. A one trick pony that should have been put down after the first trick.

Well, i personally disagree but that's my opinion. I wonder what would be said here if he weren't Irish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Deedsie wrote: »
    Cillian Murphy is a very good actor.

Not if you know anything about acting . . . he's really not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

His nationality doesn't come into it. I like to see Irish actors doing well for themselves. Having seen him in several things, I've decided that Aidan Gillen is a very limited actor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Not allot of Love for Euron Greyjoy. Is it because he was so different in the books?

If you didn't laugh at the "finger in the bum" exchange I don't think we could ever be friends.

I also think Cillian Murphy is a perfectly capable actor. 28 Days Later, Peaky Blinders, Batman all good films

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrenMar

The very wooden Lily in Modern Family. Her monotone delivery was cute when she was younger but it's become obvious that she can't act and is kept off the screen as much as possible.

BrenMar wrote: »
    The very wooden Lily in Modern Family. Her monotone delivery was cute when she was younger but it's become obvious that she can't act and is kept off the screen as much as possible.

That's actually a good shout. Especially when literally the rest of the cast have pretty much flawless delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

What's the film where the actor paid back people who went to see it allegedly

I've read previously that it was either Kevin Spacey for K-PAX or George Clooney for Batman and Robin....although it may have been Tom Hanks for Larry Crowne either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

BrenMar wrote: »

The chap that plays Luke is just as bad. I cringe whenever he opens his mouth, just monotone delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭ted1

JackTC wrote: »
    The chap that plays Luke is just as bad. I cringe whenever he opens his mouth, just monotone delivery.

Maybe it’s just the writing it Luke and Phil are great On it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Maggie Gyllenhaal in TDK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Samuel L Jackson in pretty much everything apart from pulp fiction and django unchained. He just plays himself all the time. Cant stand him in most things

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The guy that plays Ian Beale in eastenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Peatys wrote: »
    John Travolta in The Punisher

This was on the TV last night and after watching the Netflick version I have to agree

Advertisement