Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batwoman - The CW *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking it wasn't her voice.

I thought the ratings would be higher with ones like me tuning in out of curiosity. Though I guess if people aren't interested enough to keep up with news about the show, they wouldn't have known

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Ratings for the first episode were a disaster.

0.1 rating / just over 600k viewers.
    Can't see this surviving.

I didn't hate the episode though, it was watchable.
    Pity they didn't make the Bruce story last a bit longer, they could have had fun with that.

Yeah I think if Ruby had never left, he would have been around longer. In regards to ratings, I don't think they take into account people not watching it live

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Could it simply be a case of fatigue with the CW stable of superhero shows? If one's head hasn't been turned by the station's particularly brand of DC heroes by now, it seems hard to imagine how Batwoman was every likely to change folks' opinions - beyond it being tangential to comic royalty & the Bat universe.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Could it simply be a case of fatigue with the CW stable of superhero shows? If one's head hasn't been turned by the station's particularly brand of DC heroes by now, it seems hard to imagine how Batwoman was every likely to change folks' opinions - beyond it being tangential to comic royalty & the Bat universe.

Yeah I don't think the show ever had the greatest ratings anyway. I'd say give it a year or two and majority of them will be cancelled if HBO Max is still around as I can see streaming taking over from Cable and network tv

Great editing this week. Did she catch that bat or hit it with something? Then the talking afterwards seemed very poor acting.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has this show improved? Hearing mixed reviews! Watched the first 2eps and wasn't entirely convinced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I would have watched but it isn’t available on any streaming service here and if previous Arrowverse crossovers are anything to go by I don’t need to watch all the shows.

I don’t like Legends and that didn’t affect crossovers.

I don’t have any enthusiasm for Black Lightening any more.

I did not think it could get any worse that when it had Rose as the lead but I was so wrong this show is just bad. Rachel Skarsten as Alice deserves so much better than whats around her.

As I posted in the Superheroes forum:

Ruby who?

https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-batwoman-ruby-rose-crisis-infinite-earths-removed/

Seems they edited Ruby Rose out of a scene from Crisis during a Arrowverse special that aired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I don't know whether to be offended or laugh out loud - I'm going for the latter

Was reading somewhere that the reason they didn't kill her off is because they have faced criticism before about killing gay characters.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was reading somewhere that the reason they didn't kill her off is because they have faced criticism before about killing gay characters.
    Yeah it's the whole Bury Your Gays Trope. An example would have been the killing off of Lexa in The 100 or Sara Lance in Arrow Season 3

Yeah I remember that fuss. Found it strange considering the whole thing with Clarke was she lost people she loved. Plus the actress had a new role in fear The Walking Dead. Pretty sure the ratio of non gay to gay deaths on that show was pretty high

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Tbh I think the writing on this show has gone to pot since they have replaced the main actress. It's not like the replacement is a worse actress then Ruby. Regarding Lexa I think the whole thing looked worse that she was killed off as soon as she got with Clarke and killed by a jealous man too. It was a bit extreme.

Tbh I think the writing on this show has gone to pot since they have replaced the main actress. It's not like the replacement is a worse actress then Ruby. Regarding Lexa I think the whole thing looked worse that she was killed off as soon as she got with Clarke and killed by a jealous man too. It was a bit extreme.
    Agreed in relation to the whole Lexa thing, could have been done better

• Registered Users Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

There goes that she'd love to return to the character some time...nope, CW says FU

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

When Rose's Departure was first announced, Wallis was one of the people that came up to play Kate. I do see that she just finished filming for a new film so maybe they originally were going to recast Kate with Wallis but due to her being on another project they got Javicia instead to play a new character. I can't see them getting rid of Ryan as Batwoman so I wonder if Kate is just going to be back for a few episodes.

I wonder if they just give her amnesia and then in some sick way Alice finds her, fixes her face and becomes friends with her. Then in the season finale everybody finds out she's Kate who then miraculously gets memory back, passes the Cowl to Ryan and leaves .

Hopefully for Wallis's sake, they give Kate an all over skin graft to get rid of all of the tattoos.

How to explain the DNA?
    I didn't realise who it was at the end until I read the recast article. Lucky for her that everything that happened didn't affect a tiny chain around her neck

• Advertisement

i'd say they are not going to get rid of a Black Batwoman so are just going to bring back Kate to bump her off. I'm surprised they have renewed the show for another year none of the characters gel anymore, even making Alice uninteresting.

With regards killing Kate they said before, they want to avoid the "bury your gays" trope so bringing her back to show she's still alive is likely going to keep her that way.

Has Mary come out as a lesbian yet? Seems every recurring female character on this series is lesbian, outside of Alice. So she and Mary are the only expendable ones

The constant dwelling on Kate Kane in this season has really spoilt it - should have just completely killed her off in the first episode and moved on. I much prefer the new actress and would rather forget Ruby Rose

I guess the problem is that most of the relationships built up in the show both police and enemies were directly related to their history with Kate Kane. It would be like if they removed Bruce Wayne from the Batman series and replaced him with a totally new character who has no history with any of the established characters. It has become a mess and that is why the ratings would be bad enough to cancel most shows.

Good job Kate didn't turn up to see who attended her funeral or she might've been disappointed at the turnout.

I know Black Mask wasn't planning on letting her go but telling Batwoman information that could help identify him seemed a bad idea, though why we didn't see her follow up afterwards was strange. But not as strange as the usual question of why didn't he remove her mask?

I'm thinking now that they could have got Pennyworth to be temporary Batwoman while they sorted out the Kate Kane casting. Her chemistry with Alice this week really drove the episode forward and seemed natural. She was also linked to all the current characters while with Rider they had to introduce a whole host of uninteresting side characters.

Stephanie Brown
    Spoiler
    will debut in this week's episode
    https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-season-2-episode-13-preview/

Season 2 finale character spoiler, first look of
    Luke Fox as Batwing
    TVline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭pah

What a load of ****e, why does nearly every support character in the arrowverse have to become a superhero?

Advertisement