Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Championship Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

If you can’t drive straight at this place you may as well book your flight out for Friday evening. His form is very up and down so no real surprise.

His putting seemed to let him down most of all from what I could see in the shot tracker. Hit it inside 10 feet a couple of times and failed to make birdie. All summed up then with a three putt from nowhere on the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Lefty on a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Sky commentator as the leaderboard scrolls through: "All the big names are up there" just as Jazz Janewattananond appears on the screen:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Mcilroy, dreadful putting. Could easily be level Par or under here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

+3 for Rory thru 16,more or less out of it already

• Advertisement

Hardly, 6 off 3 under which is where scoring should be. Kooepka and Lee with godly grounds that wont happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Another that wants the weekend off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Rory can’t make a putt unfortunately. He’s playing ok but unless he gets on a streak tomorrow then hard to see him doing anything over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

McIlroy banjaxed already.

TCM wrote: »
    McIlroy banjaxed already.

Should knock this in for +2

• Advertisement

Birdie at the last his first of the day. 9 shots off the lead but not out of it.

First time watching .

Jaysus the rough.

Surprised with how low score is from keopka.

Fairly ballsy press conference the other day.

Basically saying in majors he knows most of field not up to it.

Fair play to him calling it as it is and backing himself.

I don't like him . But good stuff.

If he is the future dominant star i will lose interest fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If Koepka wins this week would people fancy him to get to 7/8/9 majors and all-time legend status? Hard to bet against it, he's got the mental toughness and obviously the skills too. He's so nonchalant though, a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,713 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

NDWC wrote: »
    If Koepka wins this week would people fancy him to get to 7/8/9 majors and all-time legend status? Hard to bet against it, he's got the mental toughness and obviously the skills too. He's so nonchalant though, a strange one.

Absolutely, win or lose this week he should get to double figures. Has the game but more importantly has the mentality.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Russman

Absolutely, win or lose this week he should get to double figures. Has the game but more importantly has the mentality.

He could well do. He has that hardness about him. I saw a piece the other day about him, can't remember if it was with Feherty or a different interview, and he said he felt he could get to double figures.
    I don't really like him, but I think we can probably give him this one already, I mean if he shoots one under in each round that's left he probably wins by 3 or 4. If he was to manage something like 67 or 68 today they may all go home. Almost all the field are already out of it after one round, unless of course he goes backwards, which is possible I suppose.

As for Rory, I really hope I'm wrong as I'm a huge fan, but I fear he's becoming a bit of a Greg Norman or Jimmy White - supremely talented and gets hot maybe once a year to win a random tournament, while churning out top 10s/20s most of the rest of the time. Brilliant for most mere mortals but you feel he should do so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Koepka prob would have won the masters if he didn’t hit the water on back nine. He’s phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

how did finau get on yesterday lads, seen he was -2 at one stage but ended up at level par.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭moycullen14

AdamD wrote: »
    What's Koepka at in the other 40 odd weeks of the year they aren't playing majors? He has a bizarrely major-centric record

Getting his 0.1s back for the Majors!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,659 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It is hard to see past Koepka with that start but you have to remember that this is Bethpage Black. This course can chew you up and spit you out at any stage if you make a mistake.
    Brooks got away with a couple of loose drives yesterday, one in particular went so far right he ended up where the spectators had trampled down the grass, another one was way left and he got a perfect lie in the bunker and a lovely angle to the pin. He missed some short putts too but holed some long ones.
    He could easily shoot 72-74 today and things will be a lot tighter.
    Two guys who should be a lot closer are DJ and Jason Day, both normally excellent putters they lacked big time in that department yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

2 early bogeys for Danny Lee so Koepka's lead is out to 3 shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,713 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Beemer is some man to still be able to compete at this level.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rory struggling to make bogey by the look of things on the first

Rory struggling to make bogey by the look of things on the first

A double on the first. Will be doing well to make the cut i’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Feature group today is pretty good. All playing fairly well. Some shot from Spieth into his third.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Danny lee plus 6 through 8. Having a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 37,659 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dusty on the move, bogeyed the first but has birdied every other hole since yo leave him -3 after six.

Beemer is some man to still be able to compete at this level.

Is this the only tournament he plays every year? Fairly sure it is as he's not eligible for the seniors yet. I know he's made the cut at least once in the last few years too. Great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

DJ is knocking them in today.

DJ -5 now, a proper battle between himself and Brooks would be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The density of rough is making this a bit of a borefest. Three feet off the fairway - no shot and they're hacking a wedge out. The rough should be penal, but this is a bit much.

Advertisement