Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topper

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Thinking of upgrading my old 5'6" Belmac with a 7' or 8' side mounted fully offset topper.

Just wondering the following:
    1. Will my 90hp tractor be able/heavy enough for a 8' side mounted topper or would 7' be better ?
    2. Will the outside of the topper lift of the ground when I let up the lift ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Have an 8' Abbey and it surprised me how heavy it is the first time I picked it up. You should lift it fine, it's only on the road it might make the front a bit light depending on your tractor. In work mode it shouldn't be any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Gillespy wrote: »
    Have an 8' Abbey and it surprised me how heavy it is the first time I picked it up. You should lift it fine, it's only on the road it might make the front a bit light depending on your tractor. In work mode it shouldn't be any problem.

What tractor are you driving the 8' Abbey with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Sami23 wrote: »
    What tractor are you driving the 8' Abbey with

Mostly on a International 956xl.

Advertisement