Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McIlroy for 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

You said that the Irish athletics team and the hockey team "plays as one" that is not the case. As I pointed our some play for the UK so the issue is that you are wrong on that count, I was just pointing out your inaccuracies.
    You're being disingenuous. They are 32 county sports. The fact that people in six of those counties have another choice doesn't change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You're being disingenuous. They are 32 county sports. The fact that people in six of those counties have another choice doesn't change that.

I was just pointing out that he was incorrect in what he was saying, no more no less.

https://athleticsni.org/About

https://www.athleticsireland.ie/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

He is an Irish man. How can you be so confused about something so simple? Were you too young to vote when we decided all this? Again.

It is simple for most people. I myself am Irish.

Rory has self-identified as Irish, Northern Irish, and British.....not so simple for him. Which I understand given he grew up in the North. So why bother with the Olympics and all the confusion....

I was just pointing out that he was incorrect in what he was saying, no more no less.
    He wasn't. Unless you were trying to be pedantic and even then it's a stretch. 'Plays as one' means the team is drawn from both jurisdictions as if they were one. Not sure what other way you can read it.

It is simple for most people. I myself am Irish.

Rory has self-identified as Irish, Northern Irish, and British.....not so simple for him. Which I understand given he grew up in the North. So why bother with the Olympics and all the confusion....
    It is quite simple for him. He's been that way since birth. I find it's only some 'Irish' people who have problems understanding it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

He wasn't. Unless you were trying to be pedantic and even then it's a stretch. 'Plays as one' means the team is drawn from both jurisdictions as if they were one. Not sure what other way you can read it.

Many of the Athletes and hockey players from the six represented the UK , so I don't see how they are playing "as one" when they are representing the UK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Seems lots of people don’t read the charter and we already have a Rory thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement