Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSHC Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did they not credit Callanan the goal earlier!? What the **** if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭threeball

Harsh yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,623 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Easy free for Kingstons dive there.

Piss poor penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Bubbles is flying so far. Looks much fitter. Cracking pace to the game

Monster free from Hoggie to end the half

citykat wrote: »
    Monster free from Hoggie to end the half

Some player. Some striker

Cahalane on. Hes always good for at least one **** up

Talk about threading the needle. Don't know how that snuck through the two defenders for the goal.

Tipp well on top this half.

• Advertisement

Bubbles is on fire

Great finish from Harnedy

Shefflin made a career of throwing the ball ahead of himself. Duignan had no issue with it then.

Game over. Corks soft centre all too obvious

2 away wins today. That’s pretty big really given how important home advantage is seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Lads that ****er Cleere from Kilkenny should be hopped on the way out. Worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Lads that ****er Cleere from Kilkenny should be hopped on the way out. Worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen.

Apart from a few frees he didn’t give cork in the last 10 mins I actually thought he was good. He wasn’t the reason cork lost anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

He was awful but not the reason we lost. Our defence and touch was a shambles. Tipp looked good but did we make them look great? I think it was a bit of both to be honest.

Apart from a few frees he didn’t give cork in the last 10 mins I actually thought he was good. He wasn’t the reason cork lost anyway

I don’t think you were watching the same game as us. Never said he was the reason cork lost, but his decisions were despicably inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Thought cleere missed 2 or 3 frees for cork that, imo, were blatant enough. However, it wasn't the winning or loosing of the game for Cork. Tipp were well the better team and will now be talked about as genuine all-ireland winners. I'd reserve judgement on that theory until they win another match or two.

A lot of their main players today have a lot of miles on the clock and are around the 30 year old mark.in the old championship structure that wouldn't matter as much, but this round robin system is not suited to players with high mileage.

Still, in saying that, tipp did look impressive today and could well take Waterford next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭caddy16

I don’t think you were watching the same game as us. Never said he was the reason cork lost, but his decisions were despicably inexplicable.
    At least you now know how the rest of us feel when Cathal McAllister & Colm Lyons are in charge!!!

caddy16 wrote: »
    At least you now know how the rest of us feel when Cathal McAllister & Colm Lyons are in charge!!!

Colm Lyons rarely has a bad game, Cathal McAllister was disgraceful last night

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭caddy16

Colm Lyons rarely has a bad game, Cathal McAllister was disgraceful last night

It's subjective, Lyons is a very poor ref imo. Cleere was doing ok until the last 10 mins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clare had 2 goals disallowed today, 1 when advantage wasn't applied, there was allot of inconsistencies in the applying the rules in both games I thought

Clareman wrote: »
    Clare had 2 goals disallowed today, 1 when advantage wasn't applied, there was allot of inconsistencies in the applying the rules in both games I thought

Agreed, the standard is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

There was one crucial enough decision when Horgan had a guaranteed free in and he somehow gave a free out. Tipp backs were much more cynical than us in terms of making sure no goals when we got inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Up to his usual ****e, just a few minutes after throwing a Clare hurl into the crowd

Obviously you watched it on tv so rather than give it to you with both barrels I will gently inform you off the crap Gleeson has to put up with for 75 minutes. Clare horsed into him, which they were well entitled to do but there was a good few needless off the ball incidents and throwing Kelly’s hurley into the crowd happened about 5 seconds after Kelly giving him a shot.

The anti Gleeson carry on is getting tiresome now. Mullane had to put up with it his entire career. Funnily enough, all the anti Gleeson stuff is usually doing the rounds on Twitter, Facebook and these types of forums during the match. Written by people who clearly aren’t actually at the game and haven’t a clue what they’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

My god Ursula Jacobs voice would give you a headache!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,623 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

cms88 wrote: »
    My god Ursula Jacobs voice would give you a headache!!

I felt her analysis was good but yes the accent is hard to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

Round robin doesn’t suit Waterford, they where always a county who thrived on the one off championship day in thurles, this was even the trend with mc Grath. Can see them being in big trouble next weekend although tipp are still relying on a core of the team that won in 2010. Not sure it will be enough. We will know more about them when they face limerick. Cork want an open game where skill
    And stick work are the norm, they have always struggled in recent times with physical exchanges like today. They could well be in big trouble next weekend as well. Clare are so unpredictable, should have been home and hosed today but where lucky. They drift out of games to much. Mind you I think it will be Clare limerick and tipp to advance

Advertisement