Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House deeds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

hi I was send allot of documentation from KBC after paying off my morgage recently for an appartment . What does the deeds look like? looking throught all the paperwork , im trying to identifiy what the 'property deed' looks like(if its included in what i was sent)... when i google property deeds its pics are from UK or USA(fancy paper etc) .anyone know where i can see an irish example of a property deed?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

I built a house and enquired about getting 'deeds' , there is not paper deed issued on property the land registry folio is what is considered, who ever owns the land also owns houses ect built on it. If you have built a house need to get certificate of compliance with planning and a cert of completion to regulations. These together with the land registry will allow you 'sell' a house or borrow money from bank on house.
    I also aware of bit of land we have which is not registered with land registry. Cant remember exactly but it does show up different on land registry as it does not have folio. This is still registered with registry of deeds. Solicitor told me it takes some time and would cost circa 2k to get it added to folio in land registry.
    Perhaps some of the above is of use to you. In that the house may never have had a 'deed' as such (like mine) and if not a folio on landregistry may still be registered with register of deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

MikeSoys wrote: »
    hi I was send allot of documentation from KBC after paying off my morgage recently for an appartment . What does the deeds look like? looking throught all the paperwork , im trying to identifiy what the 'property deed' looks like(if its included in what i was sent)... when i google property deeds its pics are from UK or USA(fancy paper etc) .anyone know where i can see an irish example of a property deed?

Go onto the Bidx1 website. Look at the legal documents for some of the properties listed. There will be numerous examples throughout the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

MikeSoys wrote: »

There would be a lot documents for an apartment and it would be important to keep them all together as most of the documents you would have received from the bank will be necessary for any future sale - such as the original Lease and all planning certificates. Congrats on paying off the mortgage - must be a great feeling to get the deeds !

Advertisement