Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Babies Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Meem

Had a little early scan today. All went fine thankfully. I have to say, if anybody is very anxious and in need of some reassurance, I couldn't recommend it more. It was an external scan and we went home with a few photos which I have been glued to all evening. I thought I was almost 9 weeks but more likely just over 8 weeks she said. It was very worthwhile. The nausea is still raging!

Hope everyone is doing ok :-)

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Had a little early scan today. All went fine thankfully. I have to say, if anybody is very anxious and in need of some reassurance, I couldn't recommend it more. It was an external scan and we went home with a few photos which I have been glued to all evening. I thought I was almost 9 weeks but more likely just over 8 weeks she said. It was very worthwhile. The nausea is still raging!

Hope everyone is doing ok :-)

Congrats the first scan is so exciting.

I got my date for my booking appt 22nd July- seems like a lifetime away from now!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Maggiemay13

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Congrats the first scan is so exciting.

I got my date for my booking appt 22nd July- seems like a lifetime away from now!

It really was a lovely experience. To see it and know ok, this isn't all in my head there really is something growing inside there! Haha.

I got 2 seperate dates- 20th June for scan and 26th June for booking appt. I am kind of wondering if the 12 week scan is actually very early as I won't even be quite the 12 weeks at that stage. But then, I'm sure they are well used to the dates being slightly out and I would be none the wiser only that I happened to have the early scan. The waiting can be a bit of a killer alright. How have you been feeling?

It really was a lovely experience. To see it and know ok, this isn't all in my head there really is something growing inside there! Haha.

I got 2 seperate dates- 20th June for scan and 26th June for booking appt. I am kind of wondering if the 12 week scan is actually very early as I won't even be quite the 12 weeks at that stage. But then, I'm sure they are well used to the dates being slightly out and I would be none the wiser only that I happened to have the early scan. The waiting can be a bit of a killer alright. How have you been feeling?

I don't think it really matters as the first scan at the hospital is really just to confirm the pregnancy and the due date.

I'm feeling ok just a bit a nauseous every morning but this passes but I'm only just 5 weeks and I know from both the last times that the worst of my sickness was from weeks 7-12! So I'm anxiously awaiting the disimprovement!! What about you?

I don't think it really matters as the first scan at the hospital is really just to confirm the pregnancy and the due date.

I'm feeling ok just a bit a nauseous every morning but this passes but I'm only just 5 weeks and I know from both the last times that the worst of my sickness was from weeks 7-12! So I'm anxiously awaiting the disimprovement!! What about you?

Ok this is very good to know, because I was flying it like a trooper until week 7 and on week 7 the queeziness hit me like a tonne of bricks and I havnt been right ever since. As in, I've been wondering will I ever feel myself again. My stomach will rumble with this insatiable hunger and at the very same time my stomach is in a knot with the nausea. I get small windows of a break but its there 90% of the day and night. Just keep telling myself it'll be worth it:-D The one thing I'm shocked about is I have no fatigue at all. As a person who could normally barely get through a day without taking a nap, this has shocked me!! Mad how it affects everybody so differently. But it's good to know there may be light at the end of the tunnel and that fingers crossed the nausea may ease off in a month or so.
    Hopefully you won't get any nausea at all this time around?!

• Advertisement

Yea its crazy I find it hard to believe some women don't feel different at all, I'm so envious of them!

Actually hate to dissappoint you but my nausea didn't stop until 22 weeks on number 1 and 18 weeks on number 2! But the vomiting was at its worst between 7-12 weeks! I'm not too optimistic I'll escape it this time but I live in hope. Strangely I'm not too tired either and that was the one thing I felt straight away on the last too. I mean I am tired but no more so than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭jo2509

Is anyone else freakishly bloated?? :eek: As in, could almost pass for several months gone bloated?!

I'm only going to be 6 weeks on Friday so it's certainly not bump... just bloat!

Ok this is very good to know, because I was flying it like a trooper until week 7 and on week 7 the queeziness hit me like a tonne of bricks and I havnt been right ever since!

I won't get too cocky about my lack of nausea just yet so :D

Mind you even though i don't actually feel sick, i cannot stomach the idea of meat, eggs, veg... all i've been eating for dinner the last few nights is plain boiled rice with some soy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FoxHouse

Hi Everyone,

How's everyone doing? I have my private scan on Friday...absolutely been bricking it the last few weeks that something is wrong, probably been spending too much time online reading about missed miscariages, etc.
    But at the same time I've no obvious signs of anything amiss. I have sore boobs, bloat, some tiredness, a whole lot of repeating, gas, no bleeding, etc. Probably abit tmi but has anyone else had throwing up in mouth after nearly every meal? Besides a scan is there any way to know that things are progressing ok?

FoxHouse wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

How's everyone doing? I have my private scan on Friday...absolutely been bricking it the last few weeks that something is wrong, probably been spending too much time online reading about missed miscariages, etc.
    But at the same time I've no obvious signs of anything amiss. I have sore boobs, bloat, some tiredness, a whole lot of repeating, gas, no bleeding, etc. Probably abit tmi but has anyone else had throwing up in mouth after nearly every meal? Besides a scan is there any way to know that things are progressing ok?

I'm exactly the same as you, apart from bloating and slightly sore boobs i don't have any real symptoms, so now i'm paranoid that i'm not 'sick enough' and something is wrong.

Hopefully your scan on Friday will give you some peace of mind, i have mine the following Friday (14th) i'll be 8 weeks then.
    Unfortunately other than a scan i am not sure if there is any way to tell if things are going ok... like you say once you have no sinister symptoms that is hopefully an indication that all is well.
    It's probably a bit morbid but i'm telling myself that if something is to go wrong in the early stages there is absolutely nothing i can do to prevent it, so there is no point worrying too much, if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

I know of plenty of people who went through the first semester with zero symptoms so don't worry. I'm sure the scan will provide you with the reassurance.
    I'm thinking of booking a panorama or harmony test but not got around to it yet!

I know of plenty of people who went through the first semester with zero symptoms so don't worry. I'm sure the scan will provide you with the reassurance.
    I'm thinking of booking a panorama or harmony test but not got around to it yet!

Thanks, that's good to hear!

Yes i'm probably going to do the harmony test too, it was recommended because of my age (40). I'll chat to them when i go in for the 8 week scan and if all is ok then i can book that for 10 weeks.

Hi Everyone,

Hey foxhouse! Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Trying to second guess every little twinge, ache or pain. Until I had my private scan last week, I was actually dreading going to the loo, literally every single time, for fear of what might await me. I'm sorry if this is also TMI. It's not that having the scan can change anything bad from happening (PG it wont), but the scan juat gave me the reassurance I needed to say ok come on now, control the things I can control (good diet, prenatal vitamins, going to bed early), and accept that everything else is in the lap of the gods. Easier said than done for sure. But the early scan was the best decision I have ever made. It was a lovely moment to share with my husband. We will never forget it.

The bloatedness, tiredness and sore boobs all seem like good signs Foxhouse. Will be thinking of you on Friday and I'm sure all will be well. I've tried to stop myself googling so much too by the way. Everybody is different and every pregnancy likewise. There is no rhyme or reason to any of it. Give yourself a break- you're doing great :-)

Hey foxhouse! Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Trying to second guess every little twinge, ache or pain. Until I had my private scan last week, I was actually dreading going to the loo, literally every single time, for fear of what might await me. I'm sorry if this is also TMI.

If it's any consolation i'm exactly the same, dreading going to the loo. Also TMI but i'm constantly using panty (ugh, i hate that word!) liners so i can be even more demented and vigilant and make sure i'm not bleeding :o

jo2509 wrote: »
    If it's any consolation i'm exactly the same, dreading going to the loo. Also TMI but i'm constantly using panty (ugh, i hate that word!) liners so i can be even more demented and vigilant and make sure i'm not bleeding :o

I do exactly this too! I think pregnancies are bad for my health my levels of anxiety are super high!

I do exactly this too! I think pregnancies are bad for my health my levels of anxiety are super high!

We'll all end up in the looney bin at this rate :D

Like i said in a previous post, i'm just reminding myself that if something goes wrong in the early stages it's nothing i did (or didn't do) and there is absolutely nothing i can do to prevent it, so that helps rationalize the worry a bit, as it's out of my hands. Worrying won't stop it happening, if that makes sense.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

And to note...if you bleed, go to your GP/maternity hospital, don't be sitting at home wondering and worrying.And not all bleeding ends badly, so try not to instantly assume the worst :-) (advice I am giving because I have been through this on all of mine but it was most traumatic on my first)

Had my first scan yesterday and all was perfect :-) Baby is measuring to my exact dates! And a lovely strong heartbeat. I am so relieved and happy now! So worth it to have the early scan! :-)

Had my first scan yesterday and all was perfect :-) Baby is measuring to my exact dates! And a lovely strong heartbeat. I am so relieved and happy now! So worth it to have the early scan! :-)

Congrats, glad you got the reassurance you were hoping for!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

Due Jan 2020. Second baby. Nowhere near as sick as last time but my gosh the fatigue is killer. Literally can't stay awake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

Attending GUH

ggg16 wrote: »
    Due Jan 2020. Second baby. Nowhere near as sick as last time but my gosh the fatigue is killer. Literally can't stay awake!

Welcome! What date are you due? How old is your first?

Gosh I had to finally pull the plug on taking my pregnacare 2 days ago. My stomach was in absolute bits. I won't get descriptive but I'm sure you can use your imaginations as to what I mean by that. I was waking up for 2 hours during the night also, rolling around the bed with wind pains. Already feeling a million times better having stopped it.
    Has anyone else had a problem with those supplements? And also, would anyone have any suggestions of something else to take instead, which you may have found good? Thanks a million.

So I've never taken pregnacare so I have no direct feedback on it but I know a number of friends who have had very bad pains/sickness which stopped after coming off it. I've always been consious of going with something more natural, I have been taking "Terranova Prenatal Multivitamin Complex". Its completely vegan/vegetarian so you don't have any nasty fillers which can be upsetting on stomach. It also includes Folate (as calcium L-methylfolate) which is easier to absorb. I will admit it's not the best tasting but with juice/yoghurt it masks the taste. I had my early scan a few weeks ago and all dates are accurate so no issues with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Hi all due baby no 3 on the 9th of Jan. Attending UHG in Galway. Had an early scan at 6 and 7 wks due to bleed. Still waiting on appointment letter for my booking in appointment even though GP sent it in almost 3 wks ago.

Absolutely shattered. Nausea worse in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

ggg16 wrote: »
    Attending GUH

Have you gotten your date for booking appointment yet? Still waiting on mine and I'm almost 10 wks. I'll ring them tomorrow if nothing comes by then.

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow, have a scan tomorrow morning.

I'm really getting nervous now, ironically, because i feel so well :rolleyes: I mean i've been a tiny bit queasy and a tiny bit more tired than usual, but nothing drastic. So now i'm thinking missed miscarriage or something.

I'll probably jinx myself now and start puking!

I agree Jo, I've started feeling better too and it makes me a bit nervous aswell, but have to try and banish those thoughts and keep going. The 12 week scan can't come quick enough now, for the little bit of reassurance!

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow Jo. I'm sure all will be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Meem

Glad to hear all going grand for you ladies so far! Ive my scan on June 25th and the wait has been LONG!

• Advertisement

8 weeks today and had an early scan this morning - all looks as it should, measuring according to my dates and flickering heartbeat.

I thought the scan would make it more 'real' but it's still an unidentifiable blob so i'm still a bit 'nah, i'm not going to be having an actual baby' :pac:

Anyway, that's the first hurdle over, now just hope everything is uneventful until my 12 week booking in visit.

Advertisement