Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI for 3 year old

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

jimmers23 wrote: »
    Possible form of cerebral palsy as a cause of a developmental delay. All genetic blood tests and screenings have not yielded any answers. Consultant feels this is the next step

Has whole exome sequencing been mentioned?

I've been in similar position with my 2.5 year old, but we were 'lucky' to get a diagnosis quite early. He has a large head size so MRI probably would have been next step for us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Possible form of cerebral palsy as a cause of a developmental delay. All genetic blood tests and screenings have not yielded any answers. Consultant feels this is the next step

Am I right in saying the MRI would just lead to a diagnosis? Treatment such as physio wouldn’t change? I was told regardless of the MRI it’s the development that’s important, and different consultants gave different opinions to how valuable they’re are.

God reading this thread I’m shocked, when my son had his we were told we might have to wait over the weekend for the MRI but got it done straight away (day 2 of hospital admission). I was told they were busy but had no idea how busy and I was lucky to get it done (he was very ill).
    Yes you are right, nothing will change but a diagnosis would be made.. the MRI wait is so long because it's not an emergency situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

fits wrote: »

Has whole exome sequencing been mentioned?

I've been in similar position with my 2.5 year old, but we were 'lucky' to get a diagnosis quite early. He has a large head size so MRI probably would have been next step for us too.
    No whole exome sequencing has not been mentioned. Did your 2.5 year old have it done??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

No but i was going to ask about it. A lot of the rarer chromosomal issues are identified that way apparently.

Im happy to pm you about it. Dont want to put too much information on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Did anyone here have any success in the end? Can you recommend any place either in Ireland or abroad that you ended up getting the child MRI done? Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement