Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

thats the bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

High tackle pen looked very soft

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Nice to get the bonus in the bag on a night like that.

What a great try.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Happy feet Kearney strikes again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Damn those people having a good time!!! Damn them to hell

No issue with people enjoying themselves but paying zero attention during the game and loudly talking during kicks is a bit much.

Point is there's a lot less attention to the match than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's an exceptional try. We shaped to box kick, but instead a kick pass from Byrne to Kearney on the wing.

I'm very impressed by Penny's support play. There for the layoff pass, then a run to draw the defender and a pass to Kearney to finish off the score.

That'll be a try of the season contender. Lovely. Handling exceptional given the sheet rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Harry Byrne plays far closer to the line than Ross and looks to have more pace too, although Ross’ passing is much better. Liking the look of Harry so far though!

Nice assist from the ref for his try too!

He will overtake Ross. He has as much better running game.

Skills coach is doing a phenomenal job to encourage players like Penny, Furlong, Conan, Deegan, Healy etc to throw those offloads and passes as a forward. It's something that sets teams apart and gives an unmeasurable advantage and provides some beautiful passages of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

No issue with people enjoying themselves but paying zero attention during the game and loudly talking during kicks is a bit much.

Point is there's a lot less attention to the match than normal.

I don't know about a lot less, maybe a bit. Didn't notice til you mentioned it.

I know Jackman has a personal connection with Dragons players given his time coaching there but he could do with relaxing about their ability, has described around half the team as being outstanding players at this stage.

Been very impressed by Ronan Kelleher again. Seems solid at the lineout and has a high workrate. I noticed a few times that he doesn't join lineout mauls at the back. After the throw he runs to the back line and acts as a carrier. Makes good yards then.

I know some people wont like it but based on the preseason games and the games so far in Pro14 Dave Kearney has to be in the mix for a starting spot for Ireland

I don't know about a lot less, maybe a bit. Didn't notice til you mentioned it.

Maybe it's just me and the mood I'm in today! :)

Running riot now.

WRU must be getting fed up of pissing money away on the Dragons at this stage. Every preseason we hear about new signings etc, but they always end up getting hockeyed.

Go on James Lowe. An easy as they come.

Three trys in as many minutes.

Dragons implosion.

Did Frawley come on at 12?

I'd.likw to see him get more starts there. Think he could be a lovely playmaking option there for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Good God by the time Jackman gets to the point I feel like I've gone even greyer.

Clegg wrote: »
    Did Frawley come on at 12?

I'd.likw to see him get more starts there. Think he could be a lovely playmaking option there for us.

He's lining up in the 12 channel outside Byrne so I assume so.

I know a lot of people fancy him as a 10, and I got accused of 'writing him off' but he's originally a 12 and showed that in his U20s days and I reckon with a few games under his belt he could be a viable option there and push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

You'd nearly think that the Drags are getting robbed from Jackman's commentary

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

WRU must be getting fed up of pissing money away on the Dragons at this stage. Every preseason we hear about new signings etc, but they always end up getting hockeyed.

I actually thought they were looking pretty decent in the first half. This half has been a disaster though.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I know some people wont like it but based on the preseason games and the games so far in Pro14 Dave Kearney has to be in the mix for a starting spot for Ireland

Meh. Ireland positions aren't decided on pre-season games and early season Pro14 with no internationals.

Have you seen the other regions? not a whole pile better

I have a feeling it might all come crumbling down now Gatland has gone

True but it’s partly their fault too. They’re providing enough funding to keep them alive but not much more ala Connacht ten years ago. IRFU did review that showed national team needs four provincial teams to be competitive so decided to properly support Connacht. WRU should decide what they want, keeping them in existence but with a budget which means they are miles off serves little purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Did Jackman just say - "Here's a try for Dragons", as they made a clean break in midfield?

ClanofLams wrote: »
    True but it’s partly their fault too. They’re providing enough funding to keep them alive but not much more ala Connacht ten years ago. IRFU did review that showed national team needs four provincial teams to be competitive so decided to properly support Connacht. WRU should decide what they want, keeping them in existence but with a budget which means they are miles off serves little purpose.

The WRU shot themselves in the foot with the Scarlets/Ospreys merger, it was the right idea in terms of downscaling in order to be able to invest the money into 3 teams as opposed to 4, but the way they went about it means it's probably not a feasible option for them anymore without serious backlash.

Jaysus that's risky from Lowe. You'd only ever do it when you're 40 up.

Still might get a bollicking for it though. Great fight to not get taken down over his own try line though.

• Advertisement

What an offload by Lowe under pressure in his own try area to not give away the attacking 5m scrum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement