Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone who says Adidas can't make a nice jersey, or just pick club jerseys from a template is wrong. The problem clearly lies with someone in Leinster because this Quins jersey is gorgeous, and I would buy it were it not for DHL.

486378.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I prefer the Leinster jersey :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That Quinns jersey is horrible. Again, take a really simple, perfect concept and destroy it by over designing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone who says Adidas can't make a nice jersey, or just pick club jerseys from a template is wrong. The problem clearly lies with someone in Leinster because this Quins jersey is gorgeous, and I would buy it were it not for DHL.

486378.jpg

I think theres an element of broken clock to this. Just because some of what they make is crap doesn't mean it all is. And similarly, just because some of their stuff is nice doesn't mean it would all be. Like musicians, sometimes they'll design a winner (write a hit song) and sometimes they'll design a loser (follow up a hit song with a crap one).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

486378.jpg

To point the finger at someone in Leinster over an entirely subjective topic is disingenuous.

Personally I like the new European Jersey and I really liked the Navy one last season. Also last seasons black training jersey was the pick of the bunch for me. It was lovely

Personally I think that Quins jersey is horrible and reminds me of the wallpaper in my Grannys house.

What irks me about the Adidas stuff is the fit isn't that good and the iron on logos are of poor quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

To point the finger at someone in Leinster over an entirely subjective topic is disingenuous.

You can chose to like or dislike the designs Jerseys that Adidas puts out for Leinster. That's up to you. However the accusations that went around here that Adidas are just going through the motions and don't have a design team for Leinster are what I'm pointing out are wrong.

If your gran has that wall paper fair play to her.

For the record I like both the Leinster and Quins jerseys...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Don't have a problem with the jersey design, some will like it some won't in other news water is wet, it's the quality of the materials used that annoys me.

molloyjh wrote: »
    For the record I like both the Leinster and Quins jerseys...

...Until they become popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

You can chose to like or dislike the designs Jerseys that Adidas puts out for Leinster. That's up to you. However the accusations that went around here that Adidas are just going through the motions and don't have a design team for Leinster are what I'm pointing out are wrong.

If your gran has that wall paper fair play to her.

My point still stands. Presumably you thought this was directed at you - it wasn't.

People assuming that a "finger of blame" should be pointed at some in Leinster is not a fair stance to take on someone doing their job and signing off on a product that some people like and some people dislike - like literally everything that is produced for the masses.

On the second point. She did. She's dead :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

486378.jpg

Complete with stick on logos and stick on stripes, still cheap ass sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Don’t think that Quinn’s jersey takes Blood stains very well .......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Don’t think that Quinn’s jersey takes Blood stains very well .......

The year will be 2099 and people will still be making blood jokes about Quins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I'd say the period will be longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Rightfully so

Its 10 years. I think we can all move on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Where's the fun in that?

Don't mention the war.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Its 10 years. I think we can all move on now.

It... used to be cool...?

DonVito wrote: »
    Where's the fun in that?

Don't mention the war.

If Leinster lost then maybe, but we won and won the Heineken cup that year

So why would it be a war?

It’s stupid to even mention....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

One of the most important matches and victories in the team's history and they tried to cheat us out of it. I've no problem at all with giving them stick for it.

The people who did it aren't at the club any more though, I'd have a problem with Richards more so than Quins

Good article about Eoin O’Malley here. Reading that my appreciation of Joe goes up a little more, if that’s possible. O’Malley was such a loss to Leinster, have to wonder would he have been in the shake up for Ireland if he was still playing.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Good article about Eoin O’Malley here. Reading that my appreciation of Joe goes up a little more, if that’s possible. O’Malley was such a loss to Leinster, have to wonder would he have been in the shake up for Ireland if he was still playing.

Even BOD admits the O'Malley had him running scared at times with his form playing with Joe

He was such a classy player, used to love watching him. Such a shame for him but glad he has made a good career outside rugby

I don't think he would be around for this WC....but in 2015 if he was playing he could of had a huge impact

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Never got to see that Fitz O'Malley axis in midfield, could have been something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Shefwedfan wrote: »

yep, that’s life. Tom Williams will really be remembered for one thing and it ain’t his rugby skills. That’s the facts and the sadness of the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

stephen_n wrote: »

He's only just turned 31 so he'd still be around, but realistically he'd be behind Ringrose for both province and country, equally would he have kept Payne out of the national side when BOD shuffled off? Probably not imo.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    yep, that’s life. Tom Williams will really be remembered for one thing and it ain’t his rugby skills. That’s the facts and the sadness of the situation.

Cudmore on the radio recently, reviewing Canada....same interviewer on OTB has asked him about the POC fight.....

Cringe.....same questions asked again.....

Come on guys, even POC came out and said they shook hands and went for pints recently.....but same question.....:mad:

He's only just turned 31 so he'd still be around, but realistically he'd be behind Ringrose for both province and country, equally would he have kept Payne out of the national side when BOD shuffled off? Probably not imo.

Very hard to tell really, but I think Ringrose would not have advanced as quickly with Leinster or Ireland had O’Malley not gotten injured. It was clear Joe rated him quite highly but BOD was in his way. Impossible to tell how he’d have developed as he was only 25 at the time of the injury and would have been first choice when BOD retired.

In 2015 Payne had an injury and we never really found someone to replace him

He might of had a uge impact then, this time around I doubt it with the current options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Henshaw probably doesn't come to Leinster if he stayed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement