Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I really had no interest in the jersey but when I saw it in the flesh in Lifestyle, I'm a big fan.

I really like the material, design and particularly the stars in how they bend around the logo and are all the same (as opposed to last years 3+1). It's a very nice kit and might pick it up myself too.

I like the Addidas stuff.....some people complain but I like it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Buer wrote: »
    If he goes out there now, he potentially can play test rugby for Italy (as far as I know he never played for the Wolfhounds) and I'm sure that's at the back of his mind.

Probably a bit old, 33 by the time he'd qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Reckon that's a great move by Leinster rugby having a men and women's double header. I trust people will do more than pay lip service by actually staying on to watch the women's match.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Reckon that's a great move by Leinster rugby having a men and women's double header. I trust people will do more than pay lip service by actually staying on to watch the women's match.

If they are still serving beer then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

swiwi_ wrote: »

Going to try and bring the little one to her first game so probably not. But if shes happy to stay, we'll def stay. I'd like her to at least be there for kick off in the women's game. Hopefully the first of many we bring her to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

2019/20 Guinness PRO14 Fixtures (all times local)

Round 1 – Saturday, 28 September – 5.15pm

Benetton Rugby v Leinster Rugby, Stadio Monigo

Round 2 – Friday, 4 October – 7.35pm

Leinster Rugby v Ospreys Rugby, RDS Arena

Round 3 – Friday, 11 October – 7.35pm

Leinster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby, RDS Arena

Round 4 – Saturday, 26 October – 5.15pm

Zebre Rugby Club v Leinster Rugby, Stadio Lanfranchi

Round 5 – Friday, 1 November – 7.35pm

Leinster Rugby v Dragons, RDS Arena

Round 6 – Friday, 8 November – 7.35pm

Connacht Rugby v Leinster Rugby, The Sportsground

Round 7 – Saturday, 30 November – 7.35pm

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, Scotstoun Stadium

Round 8 – Friday, 20 December – 7.35pm

Leinster Rugby v Ulster Rugby, RDS Arena

Round 9 – Saturday, 28 December – 6pm

Munster Rugby v Leinster Rugby, Thomond Park

Round 10 – Saturday, 4 January – 5.30pm

Leinster Rugby v Connacht Rugby, RDS Arena

Round 11 – Saturday, 15 February – 2.30pm

Leinster Rugby v Cheetahs, RDS Arena

Round 12 – Friday, 21 February – 7.35pm

Ospreys Rugby v Leinster Rugby, Liberty Stadium

Round 13 – Friday, 28 February – 7.35pm

Leinster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, RDS Arena

Round 14 – Saturday, 21 March – 3.00pm

Cheetahs v Leinster Rugby, Toyota Stadium

Round 15 – Friday, 27 March – 5.15pm

Southern Kings v Leinster Rugby, Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium

Round 16 – Saturday, 11 April – 5.15pm

Leinster Rugby v Zebre Rugby Club, RDS Arena

Round 17 – Saturday, 18 April – 5.30pm

Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby, Aviva Stadium

Round 18 – Friday, 24 April – 3pm

Dragons v Leinster Rugby, Rodney Parade

Round 19 – Saturday, 9 May – 7.45pm

Scarlets v Leinster Rugby, Parc y Scarlets

Round 20 – Friday, 15 May – 7.35pm

Leinster Rugby v Cardiff Blues, RDS Arena

Round 21 – TBC

Ulster Rugby v Leinster Rugby, Kingspan Stadium

Leinster v Munster in mid April in the Aviva is the big change this year.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

3 interpros in a row at Christmas is new too, right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That is a lot of Friday night games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

awec wrote: »
    3 interpros in a row at Christmas is new too, right?

It's been that way for a season or 2, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Leinster Munster in Lansdowne .... at 5.30 on a Friday? Is that a ****ing joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Round 17 – Saturday, 18 April – 5.30pm

Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby, Aviva Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It's not a friday

Turns out I am **** at reading that list. It is me who is the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Podge_irl wrote: »
    That is a lot of Friday night games.

6 Friday night home games. Absolutely delighted. But is it more than usual?

I love Fridays in the RDS. Usually have rugby of my own on Saturdays so I can minimise the Leinster matches I miss.

6 Friday night home games. Absolutely delighted. But is it more than usual?

I love Fridays in the RDS. Usually have rugby of my own on Saturdays so I can minimise the Leinster matches I miss.

Good spot.

Think we had four home league games last year on a Friday with one home Friday HC game. And there was four the year before that so definitely more there this year.

Love Friday night games too :)

They're a bit of a pain in the gooch for those not working in town though. You've to get home, then get into the city and then to the RDS.

Much rather Saturday myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Only 10 home games? Assume season ticket holders won't get anything back for that..

AdamD wrote: »
    Only 10 home games? Assume season ticket holders won't get anything back for that..

Two years ago, we got a free ticket (for a second person) to any home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

AdamD wrote: »

No, they will graciously give you a ticket to a match you already have a ticket for.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    No, they will graciously give you a ticket to a match you already have a ticket for.

A seat for coats and Brown Thomas bags :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Will probably get lost in the fixture talk but it'll be interesting to see if 7s becomes an alternative path to the academy. If the IRFU get their fingers out and offer the panel the contracts they deserve it could be more lucrative and arguably better for some players development than doing a year of sub academy and 3 years of academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

molloyjh wrote: »
    Talks about Leinstet first 15 before listing 23 names. Has Tomane in the 23 despite him being behind the likes of Dave K and Adam Byrne last season. Talks about players not developed by Leinster and equivocates that to NIQs at Munster despite those 2 metrics being completely different things. Utterly ignores the fact that Leinster have developed essentially 150% more players for the RWC training squad than Munster. I mean, this is pretty impressive horse sh**ery.

Anyway, I bought the new Leinster European jersey despite thinking I'd never bother with the Adidas stuff. It's pretty decent as it happens.

I made one point and then moved on to another point. You've just assumed I'm equating two different things. The nub of the argument is that Munster having fewer NIQs for the whole of the season means there'll be more gametime available to Irish-qualified players than at Leinster.

Tomane was ahead of Daverage and Byrne before he got injured. He was in the 23 v Wasps and then started against Toulouse while the other two were off playing in the Celtic Cup v Munster, a match Munster used for development by picking Sean French and Alex Wootton btw. Why would Leinster sign up an NIQ if he wasn't going to make the first choice matchday squad? It'd be a bit pointless.

mark_way wrote: »
    I made one point and then moved on to another point. You've just assumed I'm equating two different things. The nub of the argument is that Munster having fewer NIQs for the whole of the season means there'll be more gametime available to Irish-qualified players than at Leinster.

Tomane was ahead of Daverage and Byrne before he got injured. He was in the 23 v Wasps and then started against Toulouse while the other two were off playing in the Celtic Cup v Munster, a match Munster used for development by picking Sean French and Alex Wootton btw. Why would Leinster sign up an NIQ if he wasn't going to make the first choice matchday squad? It'd be a bit pointless.

You lost me at the abysmal nickname attempt.

I think you don’t really understand what development means

Development is bringing player through to the national team, that’s the job of all the provinces. Not getting a run out in an A match and never get seen again

Remind me how many times Wooten and French played in the senior team in Pro 14 last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Will probably get lost in the fixture talk but it'll be interesting to see if 7s becomes an alternative path to the academy. If the IRFU get their fingers out and offer the panel the contracts they deserve it could be more lucrative and arguably better for some players development than doing a year of sub academy and 3 years of academy.
    the 7s have a full time year round series with far greater appeal to sponsors and tougher competition and greater funding/tournament income so players in 7s most likely will get increase in contracts but would be surprised to see too many go into 7s on contracts as alternative to academy.
    You lost me at the abysmal nickname attempt.
    that's been going for years and could be lot worse as there is plenty worse than that....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think you don’t really understand what development means

Development is bringing player through to the national team, that’s the job of all the provinces. Not getting a run out in an A match and never get seen again

Remind me how many times Wooten and French played in the senior team in Pro 14 last year?

I don't think French got any senior minutes. I suppose Leinster gave loads of gametime to U20 wingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I don't think French got any senior minutes. I suppose Leinster gave loads of gametime to U20 wingers?

Leinster gave plenty of young guys gametime last season. Not necessarily wingers but Tomane is a direct replacement for Isa in that he covers the backline. You can bang on about NIQs all You want but the reality is the timing suits your agenda now because you couldn't use that argument in the last 10 years.

How about you change the narrative to how many players were developed outside of each province

You keep posting about this so you must have some sort of reason behind it?
    Are you trying to say Munster develop more players compared to Leinster for the international side?
    Are you trying to say Munster develop more player to the first team?

What is it? You seem to have a bee in bonnet, let him out, let him fly away and tell us all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

They're a bit of a pain in the gooch for those not working in town though. You've to get home, then get into the city and then to the RDS.

Much rather Saturday myself.

I would have thought they were perfect if you worked in town. Public transport to work, finish at 3 or 4pm, head straight to the pub after work for food and pints, then on to the match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement