Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Remember this forum was once about rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

tototoe wrote: »
    bollox. P!ssing on someone in a pub was never acceptable. I'm nearly 50 and in all my life that was never acceptable. It's scummy and always has been
    It has nothing to do with being PC or a snowflake, it's about behaving like a reasonable human being in public and elsehwere.

maybe I said it wrong - and certainly not acceptable , in fact I meant it to mean outrageos. I had said previously i see it far worse than a dig .Appologies on that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

degsie wrote: »
    Remember this forum was once about rugby?

I remember when players didn't piss on other people's legs. Changed around the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

molloyjh wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that some of the people involved could be on leave? I'd imagine June would be the best time for it this year given that the prep for the RWC will begin in earnest in July. Players who witnessed what was going on as well as staff etc. Not everything has to be an outrage inspiring conspiracy.

A lot of Leinster players are away at Cian Healys wedding this weekend and a good few have been away since the middle of last week judging by their Social Media posts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,614 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Starting 15 for the RWC period anybody?

1. Byrne
    2. Tracey
    3. Bent
    4. Moloney
    5. Fardy
    6. Deegan
    7. Penny
    8. Doris
    9. JGP
    10. Byrne
    11. Lowe
    12. COB
    13. ROL
    14. Tomane
    15. Frawley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Byrne Tracy Bent
    Molony Fardy
    Deegan Doris Connors

JGP Byrne
    COB ROL
    Lowe Dave Byrne

Byrne, Dooley, Abdaladze, Dunne, Murphy, HOS, Frawley, Tomane

Then we have guys Penny, JOB, McFadden etc in there too. That's a pretty decent squad for the RWC period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

colster wrote: »
    So you don't know what actually happened then. People have been known to act out of character with a few drinks on them.
    You are calling someone a violent thug yet know nothing about what actually happened.
    As to the welfare of the victim, Leinster's statement says that he has made a full recovery.

Well, he may have appeared to have made a full recovery, probably a bit early to be dogmatic about that.

Leinster handled these events badly. They should have provided all the facts up front and showed they took both incidents seriously. Instead, they looked like they wanted to minimize the seriousness of what happened which has only served to drag the stories out as more details emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ardillaun wrote: »
    colster wrote: »
    So you don't know what actually happened then. People have been known to act out of character with a few drinks on them.
    You are calling someone a violent thug yet know nothing about what actually happened.
    As to the welfare of the victim, Leinster's statement says that he has made a full recovery.

Well, he may have appeared to have made a full recovery, probably a bit early to be dogmatic about that.

Leinster handled these events badly. They should have provided all the facts up front and showed they took both incidents seriously. Instead, they looked like they wanted to minimize the seriousness of what happened which has only served to drag the stories out as more details emerge.

Well for one thing the pissing incident isn't theres to comment on. That's woth the IRFU. And in relation to the other incident it's entirely possible the parties involved didnt want to have the details published. We dont have some automatic right to know what happened and the reality is that it is completely okay that we dont. Us knowing or not doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the case itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I had heard that it was SOB last week but hoped it wasn't true as he's one of my favourite players. I have to say I'm really dissapointed by this. I've lost total respect for the man and am now glad he will never wear an Irish or Leinster shirt again.

Now hopefully we can move on and talk more about Rugby from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I had heard that it was SOB last week but hoped it wasn't true as he's one of my favourite players. I have to say I'm really dissapointed by this. I've lost total respect for the man and am now glad he will never wear an Irish or Leinster shirt again.

Now hopefully we can move on and talk more about Rugby from now on

SOB has always had a reputation for being 'loose' on a night out, to put it kindly, but ye this is another level entirely

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    A lot of Leinster players are away at Cian Healys wedding this weekend and a good few have been away since the middle of last week judging by their Social Media posts

Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

So as it stands Leinster can draw the following from each pot for next years Champions Cup.

Pot 2 : Clermont or Toulouse / Exeter / Gloucester / Lyon / Northampton or La Rochelle

Pot 3 : Northampton or La Rochelle / Harlequins / Racing

Pot 4 : Treviso / Bath / Montpellier / Ospreys / Sale

My best case scenario would be Lyon, Harlequins, Ospreys.

My nightmare Group would be Exeter, Racing, Montpellier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

thebaz wrote: »
    not condoning what happened - and find the pissing more outrageos - but we are all humans , who make mistake - but in todays PC world that does not seam possible, without being seriously offended - I'm so glad I grew up in a different era to todays snowflake standards set by the likes of the ever so moral Indo.

If someone does stuff like that when on a drinking session I’d diplomatically say they need to seriously seriously evaluate if they can handle drink for the rest of their life.

I take absolutely no pleasure in this but SOB will pay heavily in terms of compensation and more significantly reputation wise for years to come.

Not good all round.

If someone does stuff like that when on a drinking session I’d diplomatically say they need to seriously seriously evaluate if they can handle drink for the rest of their life.

I take absolutely no pleasure in this but SOB will pay heavily in terms of compensation and more significantly reputation wise for years to come.

Not good all round.

as I've said previously , find the pissing incident shocking - I have no idea if SOB has a drink problem, hopefully not , I had , when i started i couldn't stop , and did some stupid stuff that i regret - after a long tough battle I eventually got sober , and havnt had a drink for years- so have great empathy for people struggling , as I know i did. its not the end of the world not drinking, does get a bit boring , but so did drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

as I've said previously , find the pissing incident shocking - I have no idea if SOB has a drink problem, hopefully not , I had , when i started i couldn't stop , and did some stupid stuff that i regret - after a long tough battle I eventually got sober , and havnt had a drink for years- so have great empathy for people struggling , as I know i did. its not the end of the world not drinking, does get a bit boring , but so did drinking

Same here. 6 yrs sober. An awful gob****e whilst drinking. It's an awful thing to have little or no self control when drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

not condoning what happened - and find the pissing more outrageos - but we are all humans , who make mistake - but in todays PC world that does not seam possible, without being seriously offended - I'm so glad I grew up in a different era to todays snowflake standards set by the likes of the ever so moral Indo.

Very strange post. You express outrage at the SOB allegedly pissing on someone's leg, then you criticise others for expressing similar outrage.

I'm not sure how recycling the silly and tired "snowflake" cliché helps your argument. An older generation criticising a younger generation is tedious.

At best your post is confused, but it seems more hypocritical to me.

durthacht wrote: »
    Very strange post. You express outrage at the SOB allegedly pissing on someone's leg, then you criticise others for expressing similar outrage.

I'm not sure how recycling the silly and tired "snowflake" cliché helps your argument. An older generation criticising a younger generation is tedious.

At best your post is confused, but it seems more hypocritical to me.

I apoligised for that post - and stated it didnt come out right in a follow up on why I also had empathy too for people going through tough times -

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

I apoligised for that post - and stated it didnt come out right in a follow up on why I also had empathy too for people going through tough times -

Okay sorry. I should have read the rest of the thread. My apologies.

no worries - I was originally responding to the Wright thing - got confused myself, so best to say no more on it , as I was happily not ther.

no worries - I was originally responding to the Wright thing

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

Any rumblings on the Leinster pre-season friendly's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

PMC83 wrote: »

Haven't seen anything announced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

PMC83 wrote: »

Other than the away game against Canada on August 24th?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Celtic Cup is effectively the pre-season I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

I remember a few years ago they had the Melbourne Rebels over, would be cool to see something like that again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,614 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The Celtic Cup is effectively the pre-season I would have thought?

Pretty much this year because of the Pro14 starting a month later than usual. I'd say there'll probably be another preseason friendly added as well as the Canada game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Anyone have an idea of when the Academy will be announced?

I would have thought it will be soon enough.

Also when are the Heino pools announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Heymans wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of when the Academy will be announced?

I would have thought it will be soon enough.

Also when are the Heino pools announced?

European draw is Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Guess the academy will be
    Clarkson
    Turner
    Ryan
    Waters
    Russell
    Maloney

Deeny may get in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Guess the academy will be
    Clarkson
    Turner
    Ryan
    Waters
    Russell
    Maloney

Deeny may get in too.

Deeny and foley are probably ahead of watters and russell but who knows. Can’t see them bring watters in, Jed be the 3rd back row brought in and plenty of better options in ail in around his age that were let go , e.g max kesrney and ronan foley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement