Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

Granny15 wrote: »
    A full recovery isn't the welfare of the victim. its partially in the welfare of the victim but not wholly. What about justice for this event if it was unprovoked. Even if it was provoked it isnt acceptable that the perpetrator walks away scott free.

A lot of what ifs there. You don't know what actually happened. All we do know is that Leinster have said that the incident has been resolved to all parties satisfaction. Are you saying that they are lying? If you are have you any evidence for it?

face-palm-compilation.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

colster wrote: »
    A lot of what ifs there. You don't know what actually happened. All we do know is that Leinster have said that the incident has been resolved to all parties satisfaction. Are you saying that they are lying? If you are have you any evidence for it?

What I am saying is that in my view it wouldn't be in my interest to just allow the perpetrator walk away scott free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Granny15 wrote:
    That is all I will say on this matter.

I wonder, in the long and storied history of boards.ie, has anyone ever said something like this and actually stuck to it?

What I am saying is that in my view it wouldn't be in my interest to just allow the perpetrator walk away scott free.

I can't see how you can form an opinion/view without having all the facts.

• Advertisement

I can't see how you can form an opinion/view without having all the facts.

There are no facts because there is no legal case. Would you be in favour of pursuing a legal case if you were the victim?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jaysus you’re all like tuna nibbling away there. Gobble gobble

There are no facts because there is no legal case. Would you be in favour of pursuing a legal case if you were the victim?

That's ridiculous. I don't know anything about this case other than what's been reported in the media and Leinster's statement. I don't have enough information to decide whether to take a case or not.

Your arguments are based on pure conjecture.

That's ridiculous. I don't know anything about this case other than what's been reported in the media and Leinster's statement. I don't have enough information to decide whether to take a case or not.

Your arguments are based on pure conjecture.

Yes and to put that conjecture into fact statements would need to be given and a case would need to be made. Everyone has versions of events. It's only the courts which decide what is fact and what is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

As far as I'm concerned all of this is for a judge to adjudicate. SEAN!

• Advertisement

Yes and to put that conjecture into fact statements would need to be given and a case would need to be made. Everyone has versions of events. It's only the courts which decide what is fact and what is not.

Yes, and we have no ones version of events in this case. It's pointless discussing this any further with you. You haven't a clue what happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

*MOD NOTE*

Right this has gone WAY OTT

Only discuss what has been reported. No one knows what happened everyone has heard a version, Boards isn't a court of law so knock this on the head NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

regarding fight , and the pursuit of justice , no one really knows what happened apart from those that were actually ther , I would say ther was a very good chance that Dunne fell after punch , and thats what caused injury , and it was an unfortunate accident ; punch ups do happen in rugby , and you usually move on, usually without too much damage , accident also happen especially around drink. Now if someone pissed on my leg , I'd be rightly pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Imagine viciously killing your own 2 year old puppy and then frying it up on the bbq, what a psycho, if he did that today he’d be locked up for animal cruelty

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Lucas44 wrote: »
    Imagine viciously killing your own 2 year old puppy and then frying it up on the bbq, what a psycho, if he did that today he’d be locked up for animal cruelty

God forbid anyone has any sort of different culture or world view on the other side of the world. That would be outrageous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I honestly don't care what happened but there is a strange assumption in this thread that punching someone could possibly be justified. What words are so heinous that the victim of said words can't control themselves. I've been punched numerous times and headbutt, all one off seperate instances and called every name under the sun, I have never punched anyone in my life or even thought about it , maybe that's just me I have never felt that rage but I have intentionally hurt (dead leg rib) players in contact. I don't understand the justification for punching someone, it's just an act of a child with a bruised ego that either takes them out of the game or gets them into legal or civil trouble. Again though it's completely not justifiable to ever punch anyone in the face as far as I'm concerned. It's also illogical.

Not sure if serious......

God forbid anyone has any sort of different culture or world view on the other side of the world. That would be outrageous!

Also worth noting that the dog was going to be put down anyway. They just decided to do it on their terms rather than someone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

molloyjh wrote: »
    Also worth noting that the dog was going to be put down anyway. They just decided to do it on their terms rather than someone else's.

Indeed, the matter was resolved to both Stan and the dog's satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I honestly don't care what happened but there is a strange assumption in this thread that punching someone could possibly be justified. What words are so heinous that the victim of said words can't control themselves. I've been punched numerous times and headbutt, all one off seperate instances and called every name under the sun, I have never punched anyone in my life or even thought about it , maybe that's just me I have never felt that rage but I have intentionally hurt (dead leg rib) players in contact. I don't understand the justification for punching someone, it's just an act of a child with a bruised ego that either takes them out of the game or gets them into legal or civil trouble. Again though it's completely not justifiable to ever punch anyone in the face as far as I'm concerned. It's also illogical.

This is absolute nonsense, as in actual lies.

Even if you think that punching someone is illogical and childish, there's no way you've been punched and head-butted as you claim and it never occurred to you to hit back. You can't really be saying that.

I have never assaulted anyone but as Mike Tyson would say, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. If someone punches me in the face, then they get one back. (Unless they're really big, obvs.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't know I just don't get angry mostly surprised, it's only happened an handful of times and I've never got a good one so it wasn't an issue, if it's in a game as far as I'm concerned the opposite player has distracted himself. Other times in bars there is always security, so we all get chucked. I have felt the need to hit back to preserve some sense of reputation but then I remember that I'm not 15.If a guy actually caused dental issues or something, I would be into a lawyer the next day without hesitation. Again we are not 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Wright gazed longingly across the bar at Dunne. Their eyes met and pulses started racing. So much so that Dunne went into ventricular fibrillation, collapsed, hit his head on the bar stool and was knocked out.

Maybe Dunne had started it and threw 3 or 4 punches at Wright who eventually in self defense threw one and knocked him out !!

Who knows , tis all speculation. From what i hear there were 2 responsible and it's time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Johnadamson98

I know what happened because I’m mates with dunners as I was in school with him, what happened was that he took a bottle of champagne from the table and didn’t know Stan Wright owned the bottle and then Stan wright stood up and punched him in the face, another story that happened is when they were in the some pub after they won the pro14 and Jack Aungier was filming the party at the bar about to put it on his Instagram story and as jack was filming, Sean o Brien took his phone and slammed it on the ground and stamped on it

rm75 wrote: »
    Maybe Dunne had started it and threw 3 or 4 punches at Wright who eventually in self defense threw one and knocked him out !!

Who knows , tis all speculation. From what i hear there were 2 responsible and it's time to move on.

That’s not what happened mate, he took a bottle of champagnge off the table and he didn’t know Stan Wright owned the bottle and then Stan Wright stood up and knocked him out

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

I know what happened because I’m mates with dunners as I was in school with him, what happened was that he took a bottle of champagne from the table and didn’t know Stan Wright owned the bottle and then Stan wright stood up and punched him in the face, another story that happened is when they were in the some pub after they won the pro14 and Jack Aungier was filming the party at the bar about to put it on his Instagram story and as jack was filming, Sean o Brien took his phone and slammed it on the ground and stamped on it

Sean Obrien sounds like an all round great guy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My da's uncles mate is a superintendent in Pearse Street and he can 10000% confirm that the earth is indeed flat

My da's uncles mate is a superintendent in Pearse Street and he can 10000% confirm that the earth is indeed flat

What are you trying to say?

Ha good one mate you’re so funny, you should be a comedian or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

another story that happened is when they were in the some pub after they won the pro14 and Jack Aungier was filming the party at the bar about to put it on his Instagram story and as jack was filming, Sean o Brien took his phone and slammed it on the ground and stamped on it

Good man Seán, what clown would put it on Instagram

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Based on your poor punctuation and use of the English language your story start to fall apart quickly once you mention going to school 😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement