Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Luna84

maybe not an issue if you wear slim Italian loafers

I wear these so I have no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭Casati

VW should make your footwear a standard accessory

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Insurance renewal just almost doubled from €330 to €600 lol. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭fafy

Ya, i had the same with House Insurance, earlier this week. a few phone calls/online searches later, i had it almost back to last years premium with around a reasonable 5% increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭rx8

Mine was renewed at the start of the month and it was the same as last year, €310. Fully comp, all the extras, step-back protection, legal and windscreen cover too.

A friend of mine recently said to me that his son is an actuary, and they will put up your premium after 10 or so years as the law of averages states that you are more likely to make a claim now despite being 10 years free of claims, so they need to protect themselves for when it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Has anyone sold an ID.3 privately recently? Considering a change but the trade in is lower than I would take.

Looks difficult to sell most cars currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What's your entire deal that you were offered? My trade in offer was about 18k less than I paid for the car (42k down to 24k) and it was under 2 years old which I thought was very steep depreciation but cost to change to a brand new one was only 12/13k due to price cuts on new models (37k now)

So take the whole cost to change into account, not just trade in amount. I don't think you'll do much better in private sale and a whole lot of hassle but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just on the topic of size, I have a Mk7.5 Golf and a Cupra Born. Cars are more or less the same length and width but the ID.3/Born is taller due to batteries under the floor but you do lose headroom front and rear. I'm 6'4 and will bump my head on the roof of the Born if I'm leaning forward to put something in my jeans pocket, the electric seat base is tilted upwards similar to the sport seat in my old Golf, a lower tilt gives a bit more headroom as the cost of seating position. In the rear of the Golf my head was just about touching the roof, in the ID.3/Born it's touching to where I need to scoot down a tiny bit. The lack of a tunnel leaves a lot more room if passengers are storing a bag on the floor. I kept my mountain bike gear there when I had the seats down.

In the Golf there's zero room for a baby seat behind my driving position and smaller passengers can fit behind me but I need to move the seat for them to get their feet in. In the ID.3/Born I don't need to move my seat and there's a swivel baby seat behind my driving position with room to spare.

On top of the rear leg room the boot is also slightly longer. I can fit an Uppababy Vista V2 flat but the wheel needs to be taken off in the Golf.

So all in all, same length car, much more rear space. Slight loss of headroom. Keeping in mind the rear legroom of the Golf isn't much of an issue for drivers under 6'4 but the boot would effect anyone obviously.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well I didn’t make it with one charge. That was mostly because I didn’t have time to charge it to 90% in dingle and I picked the wrong charger so only got a charging speed of 55kw/hr. I went to the marina but should have charged in Moran’s. I had to stop at 70% as needed to get to an event

anyway quick stop at Ionity Cashel sorted me out on the way home we could do with more of them! Expensive and all as they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭rx8

Expensive, but definitely reliable. Cashel is a regular stop for me or the Mrs when going cross country. Always working and great speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Got my 2 year service done, wiper changed at my request, two rear tyres needed to be changed (where bridge, now cont. front still original bridge). Nothing else flagged, my puddle lights are going to be replaced under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Life’s too short for this nonsense of 100kph on the motorway, get a car that can comfortably handle such a journey. As the battery degrades, range will only go one direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Life's also too short to drive with the heating/AC off but don't tell that to the people who want to save battery for their 30km journeys...

My benchmark is the car needs to get from here to Dublin and back easily summer and winter without charging and none of this conserving battery business. The Tour does that easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭user1842

So what is the verdict, will the id3 with a 58kWh battery do 255km in winter and now let's say all motorway driving at 120kph.

Based on what im reading above there is no way and you would panicking getting close to your destination.

Honestly I agree with a lot posters above, on a motorway there is no way im slowing down to 100kph.

77kWh version is the way to go if you can. You’ll even recoup an element of the additional outlay by rarely having to pay public charging rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭user1842

I think so too but the killer for me is it only has four seats. Total deal breaker as my wife or I cannot use the middle seat to look after our baby in the car seat. Honestly VW need a kick in the ass for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No. The Born won't do it so I'm assuming the id3 won't either I couldn't be doing that 100km/ no heating shite either.

I travelled to dingle from here this week and consumed 73% of the battery - that’s about 56 kWh for a 274 km journey. So yeah I’d say it’s too tight. I’m a fairly efficient driver as well. And it wasn’t cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

It's not going to get 255 km at 120 km/h on a bad day in the middle of winter. But how many destinations are going to have 255 km of motorway all the way? You already said that it's about 1/3 motorway. There is a big difference in consumption if the 255 km is all motorway or just 1/3 motorway and rest at limit of 100 km/h.

What you need to take into consideration as well is what you are doing the other end of the 255 km. If you are charging with a granny cable from empty it's going to take the bones of 24 hours. You haven't said if you buying new or secondhand but would always suggest getting the biggest battery that you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭adunis

HEATER OFF ,sweet Jebus what are you driving a first day leaf with a f'ked battery ?.

Once again a 58 kw ID3 will undoubtedly do the OP'S journey .

It will also do 250km on the motorway in winter in the rain @123kph BARELY !!!!!!

Based on nothing more than 120kms experience with two different examples of them both 58kwh both 204ho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Charged to 100% yesterday and will run it to as close as possible to 0% over the next days.

Even the charging to 100% showed an additional kWh so it will be interesting to see what a full 100 to 0 cycle shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

Deleted

Post edited by denismc on

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Has anyone else had the SOS dashboard error and managed to get it resolved successfully?

I’ve had zero issues with it other than the warning on dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Downloaded the CarScanner app and connected it to the car. What are the important readings to take note of?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Well, I ran Car Scanner on the ID.3.

Couldn’t find a simple SoH reading, like in the Ioniq. But I did find “Maximum energy content of the traction battery”, which I’m assuming is the equivalent of SoH.

Worryingly it says 55,600Wh.

Don’t know if that figure started at 58,000 or 62,000. But even at 58, that’s a 4% drop after only 9k kms.

That’s not great is it?!

Glad to be proved wrong if the above is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

My car is nearly 3 years old and it was showing 55.6 kWh useable when i bought it nearly 6 months ago and that figure hasn't changed at all even though I have done nearly 15k km

So I wouldn't sweat it if I were you, just check it in a few months time , I would be surprised if you see much of a difference.

I would love to check a brand new car, I 'd be surprised if any of them have the full 58 kWh available.

Advertisement