Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get cheap dog food?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

What would you think of this product (kibble) out of interest?

What food is that out of curiosity.
    Currently feeding mine a kibble that is 55% chicken, 26% sweet potatoe, peas, potatoe, beet, then some supplements and other bits.
    Comes in at 26% crude protein, 14% oil and fat.
    €51 for 12kg so not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

cruizer101 wrote: »
    What food is that out of curiosity.
    Currently feeding mine a kibble that is 55% chicken, 26% sweet potatoe, peas, potatoe, beet, then some supplements and other bits.
    Comes in at 26% crude protein, 14% oil and fat.
    €51 for 12kg so not too bad.

Sevens Grain Free. Yours sounds similar but 50eur decent price for it. I normally buy mine in from UK as its cheaper than local shops and I get 2 bags for about 115eur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Acey10 wrote: »
    Any advice on the aldi dog food I posted above?

its got 61% cereals and 22% turkey meal
    its quite low in protein and fat, but very high in carbohydrates

If youre looking for a quality dog food, its safe to say that supermarket foods are not quality foods...

Check out Orijen, Burns, Canagan, Skinners, Carnilove etc

use your allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory to compare PRICE/NUTRITIONAL RATING until you find the best nutritional rating for the price you want to pay.

If its a 3 month old puppy, you will be feeding him puppy food for a while, before moving onto an adult food - so maybe a small bag initially to try him on, and to keep it fresh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I feed my dog on Jameswellbeloved, and have done for at least ten years, and she has done very well on it. Its not cheap, but I shop around and bulk buy. Equipet, Maxizoo or Zooplus often have offers. Livingsocial sometimes has €20 spend for €12 vouchers for Maxizoo, though I haven't seen them in a while.

I surprisingly found JWB on offer in The Range stores. I got a 15kg bag there for only €48 last month. I get about 7/8 weeks out of that for one cocker spaniel.

Per kilo, it works out far cheaper to buy good food in bulk, then cheaper supermarket brands. Plus, good food makes cleaning up the back garden a lot more pleasant experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

we fed our dogs as we do the cats in essence. ie part raw, part processed.

a chicken raw portion each day and a second smaller meal of tinned for the cats, dry or tinned for the dogs.

It is a very individual choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What do you think of this one?
    https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/hills_science_plan/adult/128125
    It’s not the variety we normally get but he seems to like it and eats it much more quickly than the small &minature one, it’s a bit cheaper also.
    I’m just concerned the first ingredient is “Grain”.

Advertisement