Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

klaaaz wrote:
    His first statement was a "very fat woman", nothing "about most talented, capable, engaging and beautiful person in his workplace", that part never crossed his mind. Her weight is none of his business.

Because it was relevant to my example of not denying reality.

Why would it cross my mind to give any additional information not pertaining to the example?

Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

I never judged her. I made a remark to you about her weight. Where was the judgement? If I said someone was very tall or very slim is that also judging them or is it merely observing a fact about them.

Should I just not notice anyone's physical attributes?
    Because it was relevant to my example of not denying reality.

Why would it cross my mind to give any additional information not pertaining to the example?

Nonsense

It's none of your business what a person looks like, they are not your personal property to judge just like when you mentioned that woman's weight, a persons physical attributes is none of your business.

Do you also judge disabled and disfigured people on what they look like?

So there you go - don't make a bloody issue out of it and everyone wins.

Huge difference between calling Robert "Bob" and calling a man a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

I must remember to keep my head down at all times from here on out in case i notice any of my fellow humans’ physical attributes.

Because it’s none of my business.

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

Although if I noticed that someone was elderly and infirm, I might offer to help them - is this discriminatory too?

Gosh this new world order is confusing.

klaaaz wrote:
    Do you also judge disabled and disfigured people on what they look like?

No but I notice their disfigurement.

Point at where I judged her. She is very fat. Not a judgement. It's a fact. It's not an opinion. If I called her ugly, that would be a judgement as it is subjective.

Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Huge difference between calling Robert "Bob" and calling a man a woman.

Not really - just honouring a simple request. If we can get you to call Bob Robert, then we can get you to call Bob Roberta.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Not really - just honouring a simple request. If we can get you to call Bob Robert, then we can get you to call Bob Roberta.

Oh sure. No problem with that. I just can't accept that they are a biological woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Oh sure. No problem with that. I just can't accept that they are a biological woman.

Who's asking you to?

KikiLaRue wrote:
    Who's asking you to?

It's the point of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Candamir wrote: »
    Another with a distorted view of reality.

Where in the following quote do they ‘instantly pick on the woman for being overweight’?

In fact, twice they mention that they wouldn’t mention it!

My mind really is beginning to boggle with this crapology.

I said it before that Klaaz is the worst poster on this site, and this is yet another thread that proves this.

It's like they suffer from delusions of what people have said and they believe these delusions to be real life.

• Advertisement

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Who's asking you to?

LLMMLL was asking us to believe this earlier in the thread. In fact she doesn't even believe there to be a definite definition of biological sex, and that it is open to "interpretation".

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    LLMMLL was asking us to believe this earlier in the thread. In fact she doesn't even believe there to be a definite definition of biological sex, and that it is open to "interpretation".

Okay, so apart from a stranger in an online messaging board talking about something that happened in a different country, who's asking you to?

Is this something that has come up at your local school, GAA club or at work? Are you, at any point in your day to day life, being asked to go beyond respecting the name and pronoun someone wishes to be called by to changing your beliefs on sex and gender?

KikiLaRue wrote:
    Is this something that has come up at your local school, GAA club or at work? Are you, at any point in your day to day life, being asked to go beyond respecting the name and pronoun someone wishes to be called by to changing your beliefs on sex and gender?

If it comes to happen that I can be fired/my contract not extended for not thinking the "correct" way when it comes to my belief on gender and sex, then it could become a problem.

This was the point of the thread and why it's being discussed. If you don't want to discuss it, nobody is asking you to contribute.

No but I notice their disfigurement.

Point at where I judged her. She is very fat. Not a judgement. It's a fact. It's not an opinion. If I called her ugly, that would be a judgement as it is subjective.

There you prove my point yet again that you judge women based on their weight. Why would you call a woman ugly, you do have a habit of insulting women that don't fit your delicate criteria.

klaaaz wrote: »
    There you prove my point yet again that you judge women based on their weight. Why would you call a woman ugly, you do have a habit of insulting women that don't fit your delicate criteria.

It's not a judgement, it's a fact. No different to saying she is white, or has red hair, or is small, or is skinny.

klaaaz wrote:

What are you talking about? Where did i judge her? Where did i call her ugly? You are starting to look like a lunatic.

Just because you have an overwhelming urge to be offended doesn't give you the right to misrepresent my words.

klaaaz wrote:

Is saying somebody who is way above average height "very tall" making a judgement or an observation?

Is it possible that Klaaaz could be on a wind up?

Posts getting more and more unhinged.

If it comes to happen that I can be fired/my contract not extended for not thinking the "correct" way when it comes to my belief on gender and sex, then it could become a problem.

This was the point of the thread and why it's being discussed. If you don't want to discuss it, nobody is asking you to contribute.

I just wanted to establish that this issue you've been so passionately arguing about over the last couple of days is not currently impacting your life in any way, shape or form - and that it's unlikely to.

Candamir wrote:
    Is it possible that Klaaaz could be on a wind up?

I was starting to think that myself. I hope for his/her/xir sake that they are. Otherwise it would be a shocking existence being constantly offended by everything.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? Where did i judge her? Where did i call her ugly? You are starting to look like a lunatic.

Just because you have an overwhelming urge to be offended doesn't give you the right to misrepresent my words.

You brought up weight and ugliness when referencing women.

What is your criteria for a woman to be not fat?

klaaaz wrote:
    What is your criteria for a woman to be not fat?

To not be overweight. What an odd question.

klaaaz wrote:
    You brought up weight and ugliness when referencing women.

By saying that I wouldn't call someone ugly. As that is subjective. Being fat isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Am going to be really controversial now.

If I was picking a team for basketball I would pick the tall ones. :eek:

This whole comparison with fat people this thread has degenerated into is farcical. This is not intelligent discussion. It's a set of ridiculous hypotheticals that bear very little resemblance to the original discussion.

No one is asking you to change your beliefs.

You don't have to believe the trans woman is a biological woman. That's not why this woman's contract was ended.

It was ended most likely because she violated the company's social media policy.

She was welcome to believe anything she wanted, no one was trying to change her beliefs. At the point where she was publicly expressing her beliefs in a deliberately provocative manner, and despite receiving a warning, the company saw a risk to their reputation and wanted to eliminate that risk.

Zorya wrote:
    If I was picking a team for basketball I would pick the tall ones.

You monster.

To not be overweight. What an odd question.

Deflecting. What is your criteria for a woman to be not overweight?
    By saying that I wouldn't call someone ugly. As that is subjective. Being fat isn't.

You backtracking on calling a woman ugly now. But you still judge a woman on her weight, that is a terrible thing to do.

KikiLaRue wrote: »

No one is asking you to change your beliefs.

You don't have to believe the trans woman is a biological woman.

Your opinion is transphobic. Shame on you.

She was welcome to believe anything she wanted, no one was trying to change her beliefs. At the point where she was publicly expressing her beliefs in a deliberately provocative manner, and despite receiving a warning, the company saw a risk to their reputation and wanted to eliminate that risk.

You mean her beliefs that are so outrageous that you haven’t been able to find an actual example?

Ok.

klaaaz wrote:
    You backtracking on calling a woman ugly now. But you still judge a woman on her weight, that is a terrible thing to do.

No backtracking whatsoever. I stated that I wouldn't call a woman ugly.

I never once stated that I judged this woman on her weight.

Please point out where I did any backtracking or any judgements.

You are beyond parody at the moment.

Your opinion is transphobic. Shame on you.

My opinion that people are entitled to hold their own beliefs?

You mean her beliefs that are so outrageous that you haven’t been able to find an actual example?

Ok.

I haven't looked for examples. I haven't read the article since a few days ago when this thread started, and I can't think of specific examples off the top of my head.

As I've said repeatedly, this is an issue I'm on the fence on. So stop with the cattiness.

My opinions on how employment law works are basically just facts - break your contract, get fired.

• Advertisement

No backtracking whatsoever. I stated that I wouldn't call a woman ugly.

I never once stated that I judged this woman on her weight.

Please point out where I did any backtracking or any judgements.

You are beyond parody at the moment.

You both are.

For the love of Dog would one of ye attempt an on topic contribution?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement