Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

klaaaz wrote: »
    Discussing football is not personal beliefs or attributes. The point is that there is a difference between both, try walking away from controversy which affects a person.

If you're being a nice person in work, try being nice online too.

Yes I know they are not. Noone mentioned personal attributes apart from you. This is my point.

I'm nice to people who are nice to me. Don't pretend you weren't being passive aggressive by offering me "advice" for "when I get a job".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Yes I know they are not. Noone mentioned personal attributes apart from you. This is my point.

I'm nice to people who are nice to me. Don't pretend you weren't being passive aggressive by offering me "advice" for "when I get a job".

I actually helped you as you hadn't a clue as to what's expected of a an employee in treating their co-workers, try reading your employment contract to glean advice, it's what you signed and you have to abide by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I actually helped you as you hadn't a clue as to what's expected of a an employee in treating their co-workers, try reading your employment contract to glean advice, it's what you signed and you have to abide by it.

I know exactly what is required as an employee, and I get on with all my co-workers just fine. Never had a problem thankyou.

klaaaz wrote:
    We do know from the other thread that you get upset by how a person appears to you, no surprises that you judge the overweight person.

Try to respond to my post instead of being condescending.
    klaaaz wrote:
    If only you changed your tune and sang a different song, try being nice and respectable to that overweight person, actually try being nice to everyone around you.

I already said I was, however if she tried to force me to accept a reality where she was slim, I would fight back.

Nice deflection though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Elmer Jones

Discussing football is not personal beliefs or attributes. The point is that there is a difference between both, try walking away from controversy which affects a person.

If you're being a nice person in work, try being nice online too.

Affiliation to a sports team or sport can be extremely strong for some people, in fact I would go as far to say that a large amount of sports fans care a lot more about their team or sport than most people do about their political beliefs or religion.

I care a hell of a lot more about the GAA than most people do about their political beliefs or religion yet I constantly have to listen to people putting it down in work and just get on with my job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Augme

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm saying beliefs that won't get you in trouble with the Gardaí.

"Black people are predisposed to crime"

"Two men having sex is wrong and not what nature intended. Homosexuals are sinners and will burn in hell."

Neither of those will get you in trouble with the gardai but I wouldn't advise saying them in a place of work. (Unless you workfor Renua)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

Augme wrote: »
    "Black people are predisposed to crime"

"Two men having sex is wrong and not what nature intended. Homosexuals are sinners and will burn in hell."

Neither of those will get you in trouble with the gardai but I wouldn't advise saying them in a place of work. (Unless you workfor Renua)

Yeah, because that’s akin to the example the poster actually gave - “didn’t the priest give a nice speech at Toms funeral”

What the fúck is wrong with you people??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Augme

Candamir wrote: »
    Yeah, because that’s akin to the example the poster actually gave - “didn’t the priest give a nice speech at Toms funeral”

What the fúck is wrong with you people??

What is wrong with you?

I gave examples of things that won't get you in trouble with the gardai, which is exactly what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

This is another woman who has lost out seriously due to her holding perfectly valid gender critical opinions.

Nina Paley. I've been a huge fan of her work since she released Sita Sings the Blues, and her new work is brilliant too.

I don't agree with Nina on many things. She is a radical feminist, I am not. But I wholly agree with her views on the trans activist authoritarian scenario that has unfolded in the last few years.

Her work has been refused screenings in Theatres which have caved to transactivist mobs.
    She was deplatformed from a women's arts/film festival in Belgium in 2018.
    She was deplatformed from the Ebertfest film festival in her home town even though she has previously been the star of it, and all because of complaints by transactivists.
    The hounding has been so severe she says that she is nervous to go out to her local supermarket.

Hopefully some day this madness will stop and she can go back to being simply recognised as one of the most brilliant animators of our era.

Here she talks with Benjamin Boyce, for anyone interested.

This is another video, skimming it is just fine to get the context. It is a very recent transactivist mob screaming down Jenn Smith, who is a transwoman. I find the level of neurosis and narcissism on display to be alarming. I hope these people do not ever gain genuine positions of authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I work with a very fat woman. As I have no reason to, I dont mention it. However, if she came I to work and told me that I must call her slim, I would find I'd absurd and I wouldn't do it.

I will not conform to someone else's delusion. I won't mention it or make a big deal about it, until I am in a situation where I must.

How you just stop calling her fat...??

(I know, you probably don't, but that's my point: the analogy fails because here you don't have to refer to that aspect at all)

It's a simple request. Again: if Robert wanted to be called Bob would you refuse because Robert is what's written on his birth cert?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Try to respond to my post instead of being condescending.

You stated that opinion on the drag thread.
    I already said I was, however if she tried to force me to accept a reality where she was slim, I would fight back.

How is she forcing you to call her slim and why does it bother you that the person is overweight?
    The weight of a person is none of your business as is their appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

You stated that opinion on the drag thread.

How is she forcing you to call her slim and why does it bother you that the person is overweight?
    The weight of a person is none of your business as is their appearance.

Of course it's not. It's nobodies business how another person appears.

If overweight or obese people started to try and force people to hold or recite the opinion, however, that being obese is healthy, that is where truth breaks down, and one cannot publicly uphold or recite untrue opinions just to be nice.

To that theoretical extent only it relates to the statement that ''Transwomen are women''. Both are untrue. Obesity has bad implications for health. Woman is an adult human female. (One can get banned from Twitter now for saying that last statement. Just that is enough.) And obviously now one can have an employment contract discontinued for saying scientific truth.

Zorya wrote: »
    Of course it's not. It's nobodies business how another person appears.

That poster never mentioned an overweight man, instantly picked on the woman for being overweight. Are you as one of the most vocal "woman's rights" poster on this site ok with that?
    If overweight or obese people started to try and force people to hold or recite the opinion, however, that being obese is healthy, that is where truth breaks down, and one cannot publicly uphold or recite untrue opinions just to be nice.

Where has this happened? It's unheard of for an obese person forcing people to call them skinny. The poster said "fat" which is open to his interpretation of what a "fat woman" is , he did not say obese.
    To that theoretical extent only it relates to the statement that ''Transwomen are women''. Both are untrue. Obesity has bad implications for health. Woman is an adult human female. (One can get banned from Twitter now for saying that last statement. Just that is enough.) And obviously now one can have an employment contract discontinued for saying scientific truth.

You're wrong again. I agree that all women are adult human females.

That poster never mentioned an overweight man, instantly picked on the woman for being overweight. Are you as one of the most vocal "woman's rights" poster on this site ok with that?

Another with a distorted view of reality.

Where in the following quote do they ‘instantly pick on the woman for being overweight’?

In fact, twice they mention that they wouldn’t mention it!

My mind really is beginning to boggle with this crapology.

I work with a very fat woman. As I have no reason to, I dont mention it. However, if she came I to work and told me that I must call her slim, I would find I'd absurd and I wouldn't do it.

I will not conform to someone else's delusion. I won't mention it or make a big deal about it, until I am in a situation where I must.

It's a simple request. Again: if Robert wanted to be called Bob would you refuse because Robert is what's written on his birth cert?

Nope.
    klaaaz wrote:
    How is she forcing you to call her slim and why does it bother you that the person is overweight? The weight of a person is none of your business as is their appearance.

It's a hypothetical. I wouldn't pass any remark to her personally, but if she insisted on everyone calling her slim (in the way that some trans people demand to be referred to as the opposite sex). I would object.
    klaaaz wrote:

Because I don't happen to work with an overweight man. What the hell are you on about? What has any of that got to doo with women's rights?

Where in the following quote do they ‘instantly pick on the woman for being overweight’?

In fact, twice they mention that they wouldn’t mention it!

The first line was "A very fat woman" , why pick on the woman for being overweight in the first place?

It's none of his business to pick on that woman's weight.

The first line was "A very fat woman" , why pick on the woman for being overweight in the first place?

It's none of his business to pick on that woman's weight.

He’s not picking on anyone!!

Hang on - is the word ‘fat’ a proscribed term now?

Sorry. Never got that memo.

And wtf does describing a fat person as fat have to do with woman’s rights??

He’s not picking on anyone!!

Hang on - is the word ‘fat’ a proscribed term now?

Sorry. Never got that memo.

Calling the woman "very fat " is an personal attack on that's woman's appearance. He could not mention something else, the first thing that came into his mind about that woman was her weight.

klaaaz wrote:

I didn't. I stated a fact. I work with a very tall man. If he wanted to identify as, and be referred to as a dwarf/little person/man of restricted height, I would object too.

Picking on someone for stating a fact? Jesus you really have issues.

klaaaz wrote:
    Calling the woman "very fat " is an personal attack on that's woman's appearance. He could not mention something else, the first thing that came into his mind about that woman was her weight.

I didn't say it to her, I didn't give away her identity so it's not a personal attack. And yes, when I see a very fat person,I do notice it.

• Advertisement

I didn't say it to her, I didn't give away her identity so it's not a personal attack. And yes, when I see a very fat person,I do notice it.

Yes, you do judge a woman based on her weight and what's worrying is that you see nothing wrong with that.

Klaaaz, it must be exhausting living in your brain. The mental gymnastics you must have to do to find offence in every innocuous comment.

I really feel sorry for you.

Yes, you do judge a woman based on her weight and what's worrying is that you see nothing wrong with that.

The only thing he ‘judged’ about the woman based on her weight, was her weight.

This observational ability is a normal and important human skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

when we abandon biological reality we weaken the scientific position on far more important issues such as climate change.

what is truth? what is reality?

The only thing he ‘judged’ about the woman based on her weight, was her weight.

This observational ability is a normal and important human skill.

There you have it, the primary attribute that the poster judges a woman on is her weight. It's a prominent skill by that poster using it as personal attack on that woman's features, her weight was top priority in his eyes.

There you have it, the primary attribute that the poster judges a woman on is her weight. It's a prominent skill by that poster using it as personal attack on that woman's features, her weight was top priority in his eyes.

Ok. This is nonsense and if you can’t see that, then that is very much your problem.

Where is the evidence that her weight is the primary attribute that the poster considers?
    He may we’ll feel she is the most talented, capable, engaging and beautiful person in his workplace. There is no evidence in his post that either confirms or refuted that.

He used the actuality of her weight to make a point. That’s all.

I find life much happier when I’m not always trying to be a victim.

(And I’m done on this point)

klaaaz wrote:

I never judged her. I made a remark to you about her weight. Where was the judgement? If I said someone was very tall or very slim is that also judging them or is it merely observing a fact about them.

Should I just not notice anyone's physical attributes?

Where is the evidence that her weight is the primary attribute that the poster considers?
    He may we’ll feel she is the most talented, capable, engaging and beautiful person in his workplace. There is no evidence in his post that either confirms or refuted that.

He used the actuality of her weight to make a point. That’s all.

I find life much happier when I’m not always trying to be a victim.

His first statement was a "very fat woman", nothing "about most talented, capable, engaging and beautiful person in his workplace", that part never crossed his mind. Her weight is none of his business.

All the women in that workplace are working with a person whose first instinct is to judge a woman based on her weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nope.

So there you go - don't make a bloody issue out of it and everyone wins.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus does it ever end....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement