Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

bayern wrote: »
    is McCann injured?

Don't know...but its the one frustration of this season that he has only played 3 times.

If we are out of the running post Leinster then there really is no reason why he shouldn't feature in the last two games and then hopefully prove himself to be ready to feature heavily in the Rainbow Cup should it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

Actually, Carter isn't picked cause we've got Mathewson and Faddes there. can't have three non-European or Kolpak players

Didn’t play last week also though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

launish116 wrote: »
    Didn’t play last week also though

According to a Source on Another Forum, he was given leave to go home to Oz during the extended break and is isolating, having returned.

According to a Source on Another Forum, he was given leave to go home to Oz during the extended break and is isolating, having returned.

Was wondering if that might of been the case. Would expect an up in effort on his return to the pitch!

Was wondering if that might of been the case. Would expect an up in effort on his return to the pitch!

I felt like he'd finally started to deliver in what he was supposed to this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

How long before Stockdale and Baloucoune (assuming he gets back to where he was) are the Ireland wingers? I think that's who I'd be looking to, unless someone like Tommy O'Brien can make a big breakthrough on the right wing.

How long before Stockdale and Baloucoune (assuming he gets back to where he was) are the Ireland wingers? I think that's who I'd be looking to, unless someone like Tommy O'Brien can make a big breakthrough on the right wing.

I reckon there is a good chance that Balacoune would have been capped in the Autumn if he hadn't got injured. Who knows what would have happened after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Baloucoune back.

I did not think we'd be seeing him this season

I felt like he'd finally started to deliver in what he was supposed to this winter.

He definitely did, just hasn’t been consistent.

Jack Regan debuted for the Highlanders this morning! Makes you wonder were it went wrong in Ulster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Ulster ‘A’ team to play Munster ‘A’ at Energia Park, Saturday 27 February, 12:30pm:

(15-9) Ethan McIlroy, Aaron Sexton, Ben Moxham, Stuart Moore, Conor Rankin, Bill Johnston, David Shanahan;

(1-8) Callum Reid, Brad Roberts, Gareth Milasinovich, Matty Rea, Conor McMenamin, Harry Sheridan, Marcus Rea, David McCann (Capt.).

Replacements from: James McCormick, Kyle McCall, Oscar Egan, George Saunderson, Reuben Crothers, Nathan Doak, Hayden Hyde, Lewis Finlay, Conor McKee, James Humphreys, Ben Carson, Matthew Corr.

Jack Regan debuted for the Highlanders this morning! Makes you wonder were it went wrong in Ulster?

He'd also been passed over by Leinster. He was given a cap or two for Ulster, maybe he needed to pull his socks up or focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Baloucoune is back!!
    Has he played an A game or anything?

Happy to see they are sticking with Lowry at FB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Yea! He could do well down under. Perhaps he'll come back next year? He was injury prone though. That's got to be a factor? I suppose it's difficult to offer a contract to a lad that was injured for much of his development years.
    Same thing with Thornbury at Leinster. They didn't give him much of a chance as he was quite injury prone.

Ulster ‘A’ team to play Munster ‘A’ at Energia Park, Saturday 27 February, 12:30pm:

(15-9) Ethan McIlroy, Aaron Sexton, Ben Moxham, Stuart Moore, Conor Rankin, Bill Johnston, David Shanahan;

(1-8) Callum Reid, Brad Roberts, Gareth Milasinovich, Matty Rea, Conor McMenamin, Harry Sheridan, Marcus Rea, David McCann (Capt.).

Replacements from: James McCormick, Kyle McCall, Oscar Egan, George Saunderson, Reuben Crothers, Nathan Doak, Hayden Hyde, Lewis Finlay, Conor McKee, James Humphreys, Ben Carson, Matthew Corr.

Anyone know anything about Matthew Corr? That's a new name to me.

bilston wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Matthew Corr? That's a new name to me.

fullback/wing, u20, went to Ballymena Academy.

Will the game be streamed?

Will the game be streamed?

i'd be shocked.

i'd be shocked.

Thought they streamed the Leinster A game.

Thought they streamed the Leinster A game.

was a home game.. this is being played in Donnybrook.

• Advertisement

From the Munster forum:

Munster A team to play Ulster in Donnybrook tomorrow
    Jake Flannery; Seán French, Liam Coombes, Alex McHenry, Conor Phillips; Jack Crowley, Ethan Coughlan; Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Keynan Knox; Cian Hurley, Paddy Kelly; Jack Daly, Scott Buckley, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Paddy Patterson, Jonathan Wren.

Ulster still showing signs of rust!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

That was great from Stockdale and Lowry, don't know why Cooney felt he needed to try that.

That was great from Stockdale and Lowry, don't know why Cooney felt he needed to try that.

Wasn’t it Hume, behind the back?

Ulster lucky their defence is holding out!

Wasn’t it Hume, behind the back?

Ulster lucky their defence is holding out!

Might've been, was unnecessary from whoever it was.

Welcome to life without Coetzee

Madigan not having a great game.

WTF is this

Ulster have just turned up expecting to win.

• Advertisement

Totally undeserved...but not complaining.

Advertisement