Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

bilston wrote: »
    I don't recognise a lot of those lads.

I take it Doak is covering 10

I'm interested to see how Carson and Hyde get on.

Shame Leinster are cheating and not announcing their team until just before KO...this isn't soccer you know...

Presume Humphreys is covering ten? More interested in Reid, McCann, Sheridan and the second rows. We're tripping over centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭launish116

Is that Milasinovich's first time at loosehead? Hasn't he played TH previously?

Wasn’t he signed on the basis that he was IQ and could cover both sides? he needs a good beasting though! Part of me is wondering is Dan weighing up our LH options for seniors. He’s a beast of a man and currently wasted missing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I don't recognise a lot of those lads.

I take it Doak is covering 10

I'm interested to see how Carson and Hyde get on.

Shame Leinster are cheating and not announcing their team until just before KO...this isn't soccer you know...

I have it on good authority that its....

Byrne Kelleher Porter
    Baird Ryan
    Doris Conan Connors

McGrath HByrne
    Henshaw RByrne
    Lowe Keenan Larmour

Guys need game time and all that. The Byrnes gonna tear Ulster a new one. :pac:

molloyjh wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that its....

Byrne Kelleher Porter
    Baird Ryan
    Doris Conan Connors

McGrath HByrne
    Henshaw RByrne
    Lowe Keenan Larmour

Guys need game time and all that. The Byrnes gonna tear Ulster a new one. :pac:

Not one of those lads would make our A team. Clean sweep coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Presume Humphreys is covering ten? More interested in Reid, McCann, Sheridan and the second rows. We're tripping over centres.

Sorry forgot Humphreys was there

• Advertisement

launish116 wrote: »
    Wasn’t he signed on the basis that he was IQ and could cover both sides? he needs a good beasting though! Part of me is wondering is Dan weighing up our LH options for seniors. He’s a beast of a man and currently wasted missing games.

I've nonidea what goes online the scrum...but he's looked decent to me anytime I've seen him.

I've nonidea what goes online the scrum...but he's looked decent to me anytime I've seen him.

Think he's been fine, and little else. He's 27, and has been a pro for some time. He shouldn't be behind the likes of an injury-ruined McCall, Warwick or Kane.

By which I mean, it reflects poorly on him that he hasn't done enough to push in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭launish116

Think he's been fine, and little else. He's 27, and has been a pro for some time. He shouldn't be behind the likes of an injury-ruined McCall, Warwick or Kane.

By which I mean, it reflects poorly on him that he hasn't done enough to push in front of them.

Part of me is hoping he’s a little like Moore when he first arrived. Just needs beasted till he’s fully match fit. He’s a man mountain, just doesn't look the most mobile.

I want to see Reid get more game time between now and whenever the season ends. He's probably in a similar position to where O'Toole was 2 years ago in the scrum, but he looks excellent in the loose. He is the same age as O'Toole but 21 is still very young for a prop, if he gets to where O'Toole is now in the next 12 to 18 months we will have a serious option at LH alongside O'Sullivan and McGrath (if he is still about).

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

bayern wrote: »
    Ulster A

(15-9) Aaron Sexton(u21), Ben Moxham(u20), Hayden Hyde(u21), Ben Carson(u20), Conor Rankin(u20), Bill Johnston, Nathan Doak(u20);

(1-8) Gareth Milasinovich, Adam McBurney, Ross Kane, Cormac Izuchukwu(u21), Conor McMenamin(u21), Harry Sheridan(u20), Marcus Rea, David McCann(u21) (Capt.).

Replacements from: Bradley Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Reuben Crothers(u19), James McCormick(u19), Lewis Finlay(u21), James Humphreys(u20)

Carson is u19 same as McCormick and Cruthers.

• Advertisement

Carson is u19 same as McCormick and Cruthers.

Doak was in the same team - is he not U19 as well then? Turned 19 in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Doak was in the same team - is he not U19 as well then? Turned 19 in November?

No. it's based on year, so he turns 20 this year, so u20.

Ah okay. I was just thinking of school years.

Ah okay. I was just thinking of school years.

Its one of those frustrating things, 50% of players only get one crack at U20s if they are born between 1st July and 31st December (unless they get called up while still at school).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Its one of those frustrating things, 50% of players only get one crack at U20s if they are born between 1st July and 31st December (unless they get called up while still at school).

they don't select players for the 20's who are still in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Doak can fairly box kick anyway

Doak can fairly box kick anyway

Canons for legs

Some silky skills from McCann

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Playing okay but not a lot urgency at times and we're slow to the rucks. Feel Leinster got some joy out wide very easily as well. Good game so far.

• Advertisement

Canons for legs

He seems quite Murrayesque. Would like to see the ball.moved from the ruck a bit quicker.

But every single kick has been on the money so far

Izzy with some lovely carries.

Keeps his head up and takes contact on his terms.

Ulsters interplay is absolutely lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Izzy looking well worth an academy place, uses his body well in contact. Sheridan playing okay as well I think. Would like to see us hit the rucks harder, Leinster slowing ball down there and Doak is taking a while getting it out.

McCann is a baller

McCann is a baller

Yeah, his handling skills are insane.

I'm impressed by Sheridan and Izzy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Good first half. Forwards with great hands.
    Sheridan is a very tidy player.

Leinster's forwards lying on the wrong side at every ruck and taking an age to move which is actually playing into our hands as it's leaving them short staffed in defence.

Also someone needs to tell Doak to speed up his clearance kicks....he's waiting on an invite every time.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Good first half. Forwards with great hands.
    Sheridan is a very tidy player.

Leinster's forwards lying on the wrong side at every ruck and taking an age to move which is actually playing into our hands as it's leaving them short staffed in defence.

Also someone needs to tell Doak to speed up his clearance kicks....he's waiting on an invite every time.

His kicking is on the money, but I agree he needs to speed up a bit around the ruck. From what I've seen of Finlay he is the opposite of that and should inject some pace in the second half.

Good pass from McCann

Great line and offload by Hyde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

the ball was out of the scrum and away but the ref called a penalty for Leinster?

Advertisement