Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all, hope you had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend :)

It's nice that, well for me anyway, it's a 4 day week and then weekend again!

I hate saying this, but this year really is flying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

About to head to the library and a walk in town, if the showers permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Day off today so I'm off to visit my sisters doggies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

At home, about to start getting ready for work. Anxious about something today, can’t seem to figure out what it is. Annoying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I'm in a hotel room in scheveningen.

I love Scheveningen. My aunt and uncle used to live about 10 mins away from it so spent quite a lot of time there. My kids had their first "non-Irish" holidays there too so lovely memories of them on the trampolines and building sandcastles. The ice cream place too. Nom. I also bought my debs dress there. In the basement of the mall there was a 1950s shop and I got an original 1950's ball gown for my debs. Still have and can get about half a leg in it. Sigh.
    bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Deskside, in an utter panic. I've just been offer two interviews in two cities at opposite ends of the UK for next Monday and Tuesday; both require me to send the full text of half hour lectures plus power points by 12pm Friday on different topics, neither of which I am well versed in. Already have an interview for Thursday (in France, but on Skype) that I barely have time to prepare for because I'm working 8am-6:30 tomorrow and Wednesday (and also Friday). So panic panic panic because apparently employers don't realise that people might have lives.

I'll make myself a cup of chamomile tea as soon as I get down off the ceiling

When I get like this my fella says "baby steps". Makes me want to kill him but it might help you to take it one step at a time.

At the kitchen table in me mammy and daddies for the last time until possibly October. Had a few work emails to do and am waiting for a call from my office in India. Had to work yesterday for a while. One of the downsides of working in various countries is I rarely get a bank holiday. When its a holiday here I don't have my Irish work to do but then will have to do stuff for Malaysia, India or now Thailand and all in different time zones.

Can someone just kidnap me for like a month or so please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Witchie wrote: »

Can someone just kidnap me for like a month or so please?

Let me call some guys lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Outside the coalface. On a strange shift for a Tuesday, wondering what’s on today. Guess I’ll find out soon enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I was on a 24 hour duty which I finished at 9am this morning. Got home, chilled for a bit then hit the beach for an 8km run.

A storm blew in when I was about 5km into it, and guess what I love running in.. Yup, a storm!.

I had an absolute ball

Home now, lunched and ready to finally nap :)

Oh, heading out to my sons tonight to see his new puppy 'Reggie', can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just had lunch in Ocean Basket, really nice fish, lunch special €9 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Had great intentions of getting a few jobs done in the garden today but the weather has put paid to that, indoors since getting up at 7.30 am, cabin fever was setting in so went to the local town and did a few handy bets on the horses so I have that to distract me now for the afternoon, fe*k all else on the tv during the day. Back to the coalface in the morning for a few hours but should have an easy week overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On a very crowded bus to Dublin. No seats left.

Would tell you all that will be in the new Wetherspoons pub, the Silver Penny on Abbey Street for the evening but would be afraid some of you would come in. Haven't had time to wash my hair so look a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Not long back in the homestead, enjoyed a nice long weekend in Scheveningen, early flight from Schiphol and then we'd a few scoops in Dublin on arrival (birthday boy today). Had a strip of xans before boarding the flight and combined with the few jars I'm slurring me words a bit. Off to the cot with now and I'll sleep right through until tomorrow morning with the grace of God, hope yiz all had a great bank holiday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back up and hospital side for an appointment, hope this wan is prepared for a root in my noggin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Happy birthday and sweet dreams Harry!

I am just in from the garden for a bite to eat. Turned in to a stunner of a day, contrary to the forecast. One more day, then back to the coalface.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Have a great birthday Harry. Over do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thrilled to receive a call to tell me the person “the suspect” who robbed my salon has been arrested and it’ll be recommended he be charged!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thrilled to receive a call to tell me the person “the suspect” who robbed my salon has been arrested and it’ll be recommended he be charged!!!

bout time as well!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fcukin delighted Shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Harry !

Enjoy when you wake up !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Happy birthday Harry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Sitting on the couch with a cuppa and a mini chocolate trifle after a marathon cooking session. Made Bolognese and chili for batch freezing and made carbonara for this evening’s dinner. Stuffed!

Couchside, finally raining here, held off all day so got washing dried!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside after being at my sisters all day and now going to enjoy the sunny evening :)

Delighted to hear that Shoes and Happy Birthday Harry :)

Grem I hope everything went well :)

Sitting on the couch with my kitty. She had a blood test today so she’s feeling sorry for herself, licking her little shaved paw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At the tech desk at 8am in a t- shirt and boxer shorts. Bed unmade. Toilet seat up and a bowl of cornflakes. People probably don't know the truth behind some video calls.:D Finished at 2pm, quick tidy around and then to the train station to pick up the returning crew. Picked up a nice fillet steak while out. May have that tonight with coleslaw, potato salad, rocket and chips. That's the plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Not long back in the homestead, enjoyed a nice long weekend in Scheveningen, early flight from Schiphol and then we'd a few scoops in Dublin on arrival (birthday boy today). Had a strip of xans before boarding the flight and combined with the few jars I'm slurring me words a bit. Off to the cot with now and I'll sleep right through until tomorrow morning with the grace of God, hope yiz all had a great bank holiday!

The only way to travel.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Happy Birthday Harry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

8wuaejE.jpg

Outside watching Tuscany sunset

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Beautiful view Seph!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just finished playing some Uncharted on the PS4. Now I'm going to get into shorts and drink some cider to keep me cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement