Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nematodes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have you a link to eBay

Just type NEMATODES into the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I give up. Third order has now been refunded (with no explanation) Two of these have been SuperNemos (Ire & UK).
    Pleased to note that Bayer have a product coming on stream - just waiting for Dept of Agri approval. Let's hope it's widely available next year! Repair job awaits anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Any updates on Nematode use for Vine Weevil? Just started using Bugclear Vine Weevil killer this evening…hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

I managed to get nematodes last Oct from Amazon.de but they aren't shipping to Ireland this year. I found another seller on Amazon.de but the package never arrived, I'm guessing it got held up in customs, there was no tracking provided. The lead time for delivery was two weeks and the nematodes wouldn't have lasted anyway. Not sure why nematodes can't get into Ireland from another EU country. Now i've run out of options, so much for the no pesticides spouted out by the relevant numpties in state bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Quick bump, does it sound like i have leatherjacket problem, lawn down 18months, have yellowing thin spots mostly out the back which also has poorer drainage then the front. Have crows constantly digging in the garden. Does all this sound like leatherjackets and if so is it easy to get nematodes in ireland these days. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Possibly - I have a badger that comes around every night to look for grubs and has decimated part of my lawn . The Garden Shop have nematodes in stock, but you should wait until May to apply:

https://www.thegardenshop.ie/supernemos/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yeah Its just crows I have digging. Seems to be less crows lately. Some people say leave crows do their job so may feed and seed some spots first before nematodes in hope crows have got a lot of them.

Advertisement