Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saracens vs Munster, Sat 20th April, 3pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

That’s that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That's what you get for ZERO imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

All very easy.

People can say Billy V was being booed earlier but there were cheers every time for him countering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

And that's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah **** that's that for another year

Next season do we really want another semi final exit ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

You could see the delight on the ref's face when the try was scored :(

Score probably reflects where the two teams are at, sadly.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I said it after the Munster Leinster game at Christmas, and I’ll say it again. Munster are a very limited team. There is just a lack of quality there.

They play like 15 grunts. There is no brains, no imagination. Just 80 minutes of trying to run over the top of players and when it doesn’t work just try it some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

6 semi finals lost in a row, and still nothing has changed.

degsie wrote: »
    You could see the delight on the ref's face when the try was scored :(
    Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

awec wrote: »
    I said it after the Munster Leinster game at Christmas, and I’ll say it again. Munster are a very limited team. There is just a lack of quality there.

They play like 15 grunts. There is no brains, no imagination. Just 80 minutes of trying to run over the top of players and when it doesn’t work just try it some more.

Earls is probably the only one that can do something a little magical at pace so losing him drained them off any inventiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Quality is not the issue . Game play is . You're probably looking at the winners here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Munster singing drowned out by the fat lady.

I think a semi was the best Munster could have hoped for so it’s a good season over all.

Squad needs improvement in the pack to be in with a shot at silverware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

They're incapable of holding onto the ball and scoring against top teams.

I don't think they were going to win this game anyway, they were murdered in the air and on the deck. Just not enough quality to counter Baby England.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Without Earls they lack any sort of guile in the backline. That should not be the case though. Scannell, Sweetnam, Conway are all talented footballers. That they look so clueless is an indictment of the coaching team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭twinytwo

And in typical irish fashion, coaches contract is already renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I blame the IRFU somewhat, in that they shouldn't have permitted Munster to hire such substandard coaches. Foley, Jones et al. Flannery is seemingly decent, but they have done the players a disservice with the set up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

is jones contract renewed?
    needs to get back making music with his band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

twinytwo wrote: »

But assistants are not... I think JVG is looking to bring in some fresh blood

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Jones is the problem. He's doing nothing.

Munster also lack the core skills to execute a more intricate gameplan, it takes a few seasons to build that up and change the culture. I don't blame JvG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don’t have a problem with JvG’s contract, it’s Jones’ I have the issue with. This reminds me of the semi defeat to Clermont, another step to far, but Mannix was run out of town as the backs were playing woefully. At least then there was a game plan, albeit ineffectivelh, i don’t even know what Jones is attempting, you’d see better drilled backline in under age rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Why wasn't that a red?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Same old. Another non- performance in a European semi-final.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Jones' contract hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Itoje tried that earlier on Beirne too, who luckily fell away from the flip.
    Barrington drives, Itoje flips.

Healy stirring it up giving MOTM to Billy V!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

razorblunt wrote: »

Itoje has had a few high tackles as well today.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

razorblunt wrote: »

Both deserved yellow there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

healy is such a tosspot of a commentator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Don't understand why they waited till the 70 odd minute to bring Matthews on.

Advertisement