Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

walshb wrote: »
    Seriously, who fooking buts this woman’s music?

What?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The public made the right choice. Emma and Anton are still my winners though. So elegant and gorgeous.

Every year when Strictly starts - I say to the kids, by the times this ends it'll be Christmas and we'll have a Christmas tree in the corner.

You can never imagine it at the start and sometimes its so hard to remember back now that it was warm and evenings were bright but here we are at the end again and now we have to wait another year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ah delighted with the result. I would have loved to see Emma and Anton get it, but Kelvin was the best and most consistent dancer all series long. Plus, Oti was robbed the year she was with Danny so delighted for her.

And it’s not long until The Greatest Dancer starts:)

Has anyone ever gone to see the pro dancers from Strictly in concert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Postgrad10 wrote: »

I saw the Strictly tour last time it came to Dublin, it was amazing and the pros were just incredible .I have tickets for February for this tour too !!

Right that’s it. Going to see what’s available and treat myself to tickets. No one is taking the hint in my life!!

Right that’s it. Going to see what’s available and treat myself to tickets. No one is taking the hint in my life!!

I got them weeks ago , good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I went to the Strictly Live show about 8 years ago. I’ve also seen Vincent & Flavia’s show and Brendan Cole’s show.

Yes...years ago. So long ago that Ian Wately and Matthew Cutler were on it. I was a huge Matthew fan! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭appledrop

I was talking about the Judge, Motsi not the dancer Oti.

Yes Oti is a G cup but she doesn’t look it because her costumes are always well fitted.

Sorry picked you up, wrong they are sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭appledrop

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So chuffed for Oti , she is amazing and should have won with Danny Mac
    Well done to them both they were amazing tonight

Yep I just said this to my husband. Oti + Danny Mac dance still my favourite.

Really liked Kelvin, delighted he won. Seems like a lovely down to earth lad who knows his wife since their school days

Ian Waite and Vincent Simone just finished a tour. It must have been hilarious.

I think I’d like the pro tour rather than the celeb tour. Although Giovanni, Anton, Kevin won’t be in it.

Just watching now. The right result. But.....WTF was Shirley on tonight?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I saw the Strictly tour last time it came to Dublin, it was amazing and the pros were just incredible .I have tickets for February for this tour too !!

I'm tempted!

Delighted for Kelvin and Oti.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yay, delighted for Kelvin and Oti!
    Their showdance was fantastic.
    I thought Emma would win and I'd've been happy enough to see her win before tonight's show but really and truly, despite what the leaderboard said (and although I think Karim is a great dancer, he was overmarked tonight) Kelvin was the clear winner in the final.
    Didn't enjoy Taylor Swift's performance (I never really got the hype surrounding her) but the dance that accompanied it was lovely, and the celeb's group dance was great fun- really gave a good flavour of the series as a whole.
    One of my favourite Strictly series to date.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm a relative newbie to SCD, but just watching the dance with all of the celebrities tonight, I thought they were overall a very likeable bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yay, delighted for Kelvin and Oti!
    Their showdance was fantastic.
    I thought Emma would win and I'd've been happy enough to see her win before tonight's show but really and truly, despite what the leaderboard said (and although I think Karim is a great dancer, he was overmarked tonight) Kelvin was the clear winner in the final.
    Didn't enjoy Taylor Swift's performance (I never really got the hype surrounding her) but the dance that accompanied it was lovely, and the celeb's group dance was great fun- really gave a good flavour of the series as a whole.
    One of my favourite Strictly series to date.

Taylor’s performance was lovely, it’s a great song which she self wrote. I didn’t see any hype around her performing tonight? The dance was fab, as is the song. Who do you like currently? Anyone pretending the likes of Stormzy, Drake, etc are anywhere near as good as Swift need their head examined in my musical opinion.

Carol25 wrote: »
    Taylor’s performance was lovely, it’s a great song which she self wrote. I didn’t see any hype around her performing tonight? The dance was fab, as is the song. Who do you like currently? Anyone pretending the likes of Stormzy, Drake, etc are anywhere near as good as Swift need their head examined in my musical opinion.

Stormzy and Drake wouldnt be my thing, but they are a million times better than the meh that is Taylor Swift. I always wonder whether her record company bribe radio stations and musical commentators to overplay her and to promote her the way they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Carol25 wrote: »

I wasn't referring to hype around her performance on Strictly - I just mean I don't really understand the popularity of her music in general. Sometimes an artist becomes astoundingly successful, and portions of the public are a little perplexed.
    She's a talented girl - I just wouldn't have expected her to become as stratospherically popular as she has.
    I don't love the music of Drake or Stormzy either particularly :eek:
    Perhaps I'm just an old fossil :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw god so emosh here...possibly due to my raging hangover but so so happy with the winners

Finally the British public got it right!

I was more happy for oti than kelvin!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Rfrip wrote: »

Finally the British public got it right!

At one vote this week did!

Also delighted for Kelvin & Oti. That showdance was amazing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I watched again and at the end when they had just announced the winner Karim came sprinting across the stage , past Emma and Anton to hug Kelvin !
    Kelvin and Oti were still in shock and had barely had time to hug each other when Karim launches himself across to go for the hug
    Just off camera someone must have yanked him back as he suddenly stops dead ! God he is such a camera hugger and always dashing in to be first to congratulate . But this actually made me laugh out loud last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

dee_mc wrote: »
    I wasn't referring to hype around her performance on Strictly - I just mean I don't really understand the popularity of her music in general. Sometimes an artist becomes astoundingly successful, and portions of the public are a little perplexed.
    She's a talented girl - I just wouldn't have expected her to become as stratospherically popular as she has.
    I don't love the music of Drake or Stormzy either particularly :eek:
    Perhaps I'm just an old fossil :D

Taylor's talent is in her lyrics. She is a phenomenal songwriter and she is an incredible role model for young women.

And far from her record company pushing her, she has been in a complicated legal battle over ownership of her masters which meant she was not even allowed to sing her own songs - they had to back down to allow her to perform them at the recent AMA's because she was awarded artist of the decade. She was a mere child of 14/15 when she started out and was totally screwed over by her manager and her record company, and has shown great character in how she has not backed down or been bullied into silence by them.

Really not getting the disrespect towards her here. Her music may not be to your taste, but don't disrespect her talent.

Plus, ten grammys. So far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm delighted with that result. Kelvin was the best performer and Oti is so talented and just mesmerising to watch. I enjoyed all the dances last night and thought the standard was very high.

Unlike many here, I have found it to be one of the best series for me overall. My only disappointment has been ITT where Rylan has made me switch off completely. Can't believe it's over for another year. I would also like to see Jamie Laing in it next year, even though I'm glad he dropped out this year so we got Kelvin! I will watch the Irish one, but I just don't feel the same excitement for it.

I watched again and at the end when they had just announced the winner Karim came sprinting across the stage , past Emma and Anton to hug Kelvin !
    Kelvin and Oti were still in shock and had barely had time to hug each other when Karim launches himself across to go for the hug
    Just off camera someone must have yanked him back as he suddenly stops dead ! God he is such a camera hugger and always dashing in to be first to congratulate . But this actually made me laugh out loud last night

Yes, Amy had the cop on to pull him back.

I'm delighted with that result. Kelvin was the best performer and Oti is so talented and just mesmerising to watch. I enjoyed all the dances last night and thought the standard was very high.

Unlike many here, I have found it to be one of the best series for me overall. My only disappointment has been ITT where Rylan has made me switch off completely. Can't believe it's over for another year. I would also like to see Jamie Laing in it next year, even though I'm glad he dropped out this year so we got Kelvin! I will watch the Irish one, but I just don't feel the same excitement for it.

I didn’t like Rylan to begin with, but he grew on me. He’s not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Any of them could have won but Kelvin was the best of the dancers and deserved to win! Delighted for him and Oti.

I didn’t like Rylan to begin with, but he grew on me. He’s not bad.

I liked Rylan , thought he was a breath of fresh air . Then again I am not keen on Zoe’s manic presentation and her talking over everyone and her gushing

• Advertisement

Yes, Amy had the cop on to pull him back.

Did she I couldn’t see her !!! He is so false and gushy !!

Advertisement