Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yeah, I'd like to see either new people or people who did it ages ago.

Despite that, it was one of the better Christmas specials.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Where you happy with Debbie winning? I was sorry Giovanni didn’t get the trophy with her though. Kevin and Joanne can call it even now! I was glad Chizzy got to up her game this time too. Poor Gemma. Why didn’t they pick something she was good at?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching the Christmas show back now, and while I'm not paying huge attention admittedly, I thought Joe and Diane were great - really in sync (and they had to be with those outfits!), I loved it.

Debbie coming up now, I'm sure it'll be saccharine sweet and technically perfect - and I'll still have wanted Joe to win.

Or Gemma, actually - I bloody love her, and to get back in shape and training for a jive with a baby that young - kudos to the girl!!!

Yeah, for my money Joe was better than Debbie. They weren't completely in sync, it was good but not perfect by any stretch (and I'm a complete expert, obv :rolleyes:)

But the QS is a total crowd pleaser, so I'm assuming they set it up for her to win (cynical? who, me??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

Was there no Rachel Stevens for the Christmas special?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I can count at least two mistakes in Joe and Dianne’s routine as brilliant as it was, not a 10
    Standard anyway. They always over mark the Christmas special anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

MMyers wrote: »
    Was there no Rachel Stevens for the Christmas special?

We can't always get what we want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

We can't always get what we want...

Damn shame. Rachel is the best contestant ever on scd

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Just watched Giovanni on This Morning or whatever its called. And at the end they spoke about how busy he'll be with the Strictly tour and how it'll finish in June. And there was a quiet little 'then we're in training for the series' from Giovanni and there was an awkward little giggle between them all.

Now it could have been they didnt quite hear what he said and gave a polite giggle. But it looked like he said something he shouldn't have. I wonder will either Phil or Holly be taking part next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

They'd cost a fortune I'd say, so unlikely I'd have thought

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Now it could have been they didnt quite hear what he said and gave a polite giggle. But it looked like he said something he shouldn't have. I wonder will either Phil or Holly be taking part next season?

Not with them fronting Dancing On Ice... better chance it'll be Alison Hammond.

Loughc wrote: »

This DOI will be the last one, I'm sure I read that somewhere a while back anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This DOI will be the last one, I'm sure I read that somewhere a while back anyway.

It should be it's boring as anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Didn't Alison already do it?

Edited: She did it in 2014.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Hammond

Didn't Alison already do it?

Edited: She did it in 2014.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Hammond

I actually had a feeling she already did it! I just couldn't think of any of the other sidekicks on This Morning.... :D

It should be it's boring as anything...
    I could not disagree more!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I could not disagree more!

I just can't get into it.... everything seems bland, the judges, even the scoring is boring... I used to love it but it's all just too blandy this year... GC was the only good thing about it last year and that's saying something cause I can't stand GC.

I just can't get into it.... everything seems bland, the judges, even the scoring is boring... I used to love it but it's all just too blandy this year... GC was the only good thing about it last year and that's saying something cause I can't stand GC.
    Ah but the potential for carnage is huge!!

If there was a GC in it this year, I wouldn't be watching.

Adjusting to DWTS after watching DOI is like trying to watch soccer straight after a thumping good rugby match - yaaaawwwwwn. SCD is a fair few notches above, though, in fairness - and doesn't have to compete directly with DOI.

All a bit off topic, for which apologies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So who is going to see it tonight? I’m looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm going.

Currently sitting in work wishing the time away till its half 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am going . Excited to see it

kitten_k wrote: »
    So who is going to see it tonight? I’m looking forward to it.

Yep me 2, don't know what to expect so looking forward to it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Enjoy all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw enjoy ladies! Report back !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Fantastic evening , the crowd were electric . They have all improved so much and were all amazing . Kelvin won the Dublin vote , Karim was second .
    Saffron was great as was Emma
    Catherine couldn’t dance tonight but Johannes danced in the group dances and was mesmerising

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Brilliant night as usual. We had great seat so could see everything.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Brilliant night as usual. We had great seat so could see everything.

First time going. But a very entertaining night out. Seeing it live you Really pick up on the more subtle feet movements and how sharp the lines are.

Kelvin was on a different level of good compared to the rest. The judges were on a panto level of performance.

Stacey Dooley as host was a nice surprise too. Also the live singers are just something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I was at the afternoon show and it was just amazing! Kelvin won that show too and very deservedly. He is just mesmerising to watch! Saffron was runner up... Probably due to number of young girls in the audience! Here's hoping they come back next year... Agree the singers were first class live. Real talent on show.
    Judges were a bit pre rehearsed but all the catchphrases came out.... Along with Shirley's boobs (almost). She is still a top class dancer herself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I really enjoyed it.I hope it comes back again.

It was a shame not see Johannes and Catherine dance as he has become one of my favourite pros.
    Shirley can still move at some speed! Her twirling was ah-may-zing.
    Shows why she's head judge with that amount of talent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement