Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Only matter of time till we have a celebrity special forces show. No doubt the likes of jake carter, holly carpenter and norna sheehan will be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,680 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Only matter of time till we have a celebrity special forces show. No doubt the likes of jake carter, holly carpenter and norna sheehan will be on it.

Would love to see the top GAA stars lined up for it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I seen it the other night, its absolute donkey crap.

If the show perked anyone's interest in the ARW I can recommends Shadow Warriors by Wayne Fitzgerald, I read it in two sittings, its fantastic and highly recommended.

I learned so much about the ARW I never knew about, its a really good read and very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I seen it the other night, its absolute donkey crap.

The SAS instructors on that show don't seem half as hardy as the Irish lads. I'd **** myself if Ray Goggins or Ger Reidy were shouting at me. Ant Middleton not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Cazale wrote: »
    The SAS instructors on that show don't seem half as hardy as the Irish lads. I'd **** myself if Ray Goggins or Ger Reidy were shouting at me. Ant Middleton not so much.

The Irish lads have to “play” the part, where as the sas/sbs guys are the real deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The Irish lads have to “play” the part, where as the sas/sbs guys are the real deal

Why is that? The Irish aren’t real in your opinion is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cazale wrote: »

Yea Ray and Ger are the real deal. The SAS lads are too but what you see in the two shows are night and day different.

Some elements of the RTE show are not done in general recruit training, like the interrogation and the abseiling frontwards down the water tower in the Curragh, but we do abseil.

The C4 show is a little too polished, that said I've only seen the first episode of the celebrity one and wouldn't be bothered following it.

The Middlemiss fella struggled to climb Everest. He’s a bit of a pussy if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

The most recent series of Ultimate Hell Week seems to have gone from the RTE Player?
    I was up to episode 4...do RTE take it down off the player after a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

scargill wrote: »
    The most recent series of Ultimate Hell Week seems to have gone from the RTE Player?
    I was up to episode 4...do RTE take it down off the player after a while?

That’s ultimate hell week on a new level. Trying to watch ultimate hell week on the player. That thing is crazy to watch programmes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Alright lads,

I can see from a previous comment a few months ago that this show was removed from RTE player - does anyone know where else it can be viewed? Anywhere at all?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Very excited for the new series. Great to see Fort Camden featuring and it also looks like Spike Island is featured in this celebrity charity special.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,680 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Brilliant, one of the best shows on TV, interesting to see who the celebrities are!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Rory Stories is on it anyway. And I think I saw Peter Stringer in that clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Surprised its coming back so soon, had thought all this type of stuff was cancelled due to Covid. I suppose they tested all contestants and filming crew as negative and formed a 'bubble' for several weeks to make the show.

Anyone know who the 'celebrities' are, I only recognised one face in the trailer and cant even put a name on them. edit: from a second watch I see Peter Stringer and Gordon D'arcy are in there, the rest I havent a clue

Spotted Stephanie Roche as well. I was thinking it was Peter Stringer too.

Edit: is that Mairéad Ronan in there too?

ah you're right, the blonde is Stephanie Roche. The others I havent a clue.

I wonder how many episodes it is, will we get the full 6 programs like previous series with regular joe soaps. Often these celebrity versions are shortened somewhat. Id have preferred the suggestion back up the thread to do a celebrity version with actual playing GAA players who are really fit as is. Maybe even one from each county to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

don't think it's mairead Farrell, might be the one off the rte show home rescue

Andrew Trimble and Paul Olima definitely there

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭CONSI

Andrew Trimble in there and one of the Murphys from Hermitage Green, maybe Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Darran O Sullivan, former Kerry footballer is on it also.

For anyone interested, DS Goggins had his book "Ranger 22" released today.

You can get it slightly cheaper from Book Station

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Some of the names have put me off...Jake Carter, Rory's Stories, Marc O'Neill, Niamh Cullen...ugh

Peter Stringer will last to the end. The man is an athletic freak.

The celebrity line-up includes singer Jake Carter, former rugby player Peter Stringer, professional dancer Laura Nolan, footballer Stephanie Roche, actor Ryan Andrews, reality star Marc O’Neill, former GAA player Eamon McGee, and popular influencer Niamh Cullen.

Cork GAA star Valerie Mulcahy, weatherman Deric Hartigan, online comedian Rory O’Connor, former rugby player Andrew Trimble, musician Barry Murphy, swimmer Melanie Nocher, RTÉ teacher John Sharpson, model and influencer Paul Olima, rugby player Anna Caplice and former GAA star Darran O’Sullivan will also make an appearance.

I noticed it has moved to RTE1, pretty sure it was RTE2 for the last series. That's a good sign for the programs popularity

I have never heard of the majority of these people shows how much I am into celeb culture

• Registered Users Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Glad to see its back, shame its "celebrities", I'll watch it though, really enjoyed the first 2 series. Goggins is gold

Wow when I saw this thread flash up again and open last page I see that I predicted an Irish celebrity show that is starting tonight, I’m some genius you all must admit.

I hope O’Hora is not on the show tonight,with just 2 days before Mayo win the all ireland he would be done eejit to risk the injury due to crawling through some tunnel of muck.

And I even predicted Jake Carter. You can call me mystic Man vs ManUre cos I predict these tings!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Advertisement