Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Anyone know what months intakes are 2020 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

OBrien1991 wrote: »
    First intake is 13th/20th of January 2020.

I doubt it’s January as an intake only started yesterday. Think it’s March, but I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

First intake is 13th/20th of January 2020.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

I have dates for the first Aid training and its those dates for the next intake. HR also told me provisional dates are January. But not taking a full 200 maybe 150.

Any idea when offers are going out? I heard almost the same info but I was told the intake would take 100 people

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hi, just wondering who I would email just to get info on deferring, havent gotten an offer or anything but I'm studying a degree until May so would just wanna check that it's okay to defer if offered a place

• Advertisement

Just got confirmation next intake 27th January. There’ll be 4 intakes next year!

Tmac35 wrote: »
    Just got confirmation next intake 27th January. There’ll be 4 intakes next year!

How did you get confirmation? Did you get an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Does that mean offers will be going out in the next couple of weeks??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilk12

The last intake got 7 weeks notice from I think, by looking at this thread it looks that way anyway..

How did you get confirmation? Did you get an offer?

A reliable source in the college, no offer yet, still waiting! The 1st batch of offers went out end of September for the November intake so could be any time, fingers crossed!!!

• Advertisement

Fingers and toes crossed. This is our time!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

Userdb wrote: »
    Fingers and toes crossed. This is our time!

See a class is graduating from the college today, that'll free up a good bit of space that they will want to.fill as soon as possible, that's my guess anyway. Fingers and toes crossed is right, been crossed since March so hopefully they get a move on, still vetting outstanding, thinking its because of my sister who lived in Canada, bad part about it is she came home a month after I handed my Form b to them 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

See a class is graduating from the college today, that'll free up a good bit of space that they will want to.fill as soon as possible, that's my guess anyway. Fingers and toes crossed is right, been crossed since March so hopefully they get a move on, still vetting outstanding, thinking its because of my sister who lived in Canada, bad part about it is she came home a month after I handed my Form b to them 🙄

197 people graduated today so hopefully it will be a big intake next!

My vetting is also still outstanding, was talking to the guy on the phone few days ago and he said my vetting probably won’t be back for the next intake. :( ah I wouldn’t say that she moved home would slow it down, the fact that she was there might alright. I myself have family in England!

My vetting is also still outstanding, was talking to the guy on the phone few days ago and he said my vetting probably won’t be back for the next intake. :( ah I wouldn’t say that she moved home would slow it down, the fact that she was there might alright. I myself have family in England!

Spoke with HR today, they said local vetting is still outstanding which means it's been sitting in my local garda station for 8 months! Will be going in tomorrow to have words.

Spoke with HR today, they said local vetting is still outstanding which means it's been sitting in my local garda station for 8 months! Will be going in tomorrow to have words.

Ah jays that’s ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Dose anyone know how long it takes to get results for the 3rd interview please?? And will public jobs inform you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

AliHH wrote: »
    Dose anyone know how long it takes to get results for the 3rd interview please?? And will public jobs inform you ??
    If it's the stage 3 Interview you are on about its 2 weeks after the interview you will get an email from public jobs to say you were successful/unsuccessful

Thanks james just got the email today to say i passed

Congratulations well done hopefully see you down there next year

• Advertisement

Be looking forward to it James thanks i scored 645 tho so bit far not sure how it works.

I am just waiting on form B now and see whats next

That's a fantastic OOM well done once your form b is done to a T you will fly through the process don't worry

Anyone ring hq and still being told vetting outstanding ?

Anyone ring hq and still being told vetting outstanding ?

Yes, also getting conflicting things said by them, told me the other day that local vetting never came through, then this morning told me I have only one bit of vetting left and that the 9 months wait is normal. Also told me my OOM is in the 300's, didn't even think they used OOM for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Yes, also getting conflicting things said by them, told me the other day that local vetting never came through, then this morning told me I have only one bit of vetting left and that the 9 months wait is normal. Also told me my OOM is in the 300's, didn't even think they used OOM for it.

is there a general wait time for vetting to come through or does it vary each case?

AF96DUB wrote: »
    is there a general wait time for vetting to come through or does it vary each case?

Guy on the phone told me that the 9 months I've waited is normal, but I've seen a load of people on this who got in the last intake who finished everything at the same time as me.

It's very confusing I didn't think OOM really came into it like my OOM is in the 200's but I was told the other day that my vetting is back and it's at the Checking Stage

It's very confusing I didn't think OOM really came into it like my OOM is in the 200's but I was told the other day that my vetting is back and it's at the Checking Stage

You're in a good situation so

You're in a good situation so

I hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Any idea's when the next intake is?

Advertisement