Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods comeback story

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I blame his parents, if you name your kid Tiger then what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Omar Devone Little

Well I wouldn't have time for him anyway no matter how much money he has

The man has two kids and was just in a car crash where his car rolled over before you made your comment last light. What does his money have to do with anything? You have zero class. Always remember that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

Invidious wrote: »
    Currently in surgery after suffering "multiple leg injuries," according to his agent. Can't see his golfing career continuing after this.
    And it's his right foot. The one he uses to push off the ground!

I wonder what really happened! People are probably wondering if it's drink related after that incident about 3 years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Poor Tiger.

He always seemed troubled and unhappy.

I hope he does recover to full strength and can get back to as good at golf before if not better.

I hope he heals inside and out.

I hope he finds peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I wonder what really happened! People are probably wondering if it's drink related after that incident about 3 years back.
    There was someone on reddit claiming to know the road he crashed on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/lqqwng/tiger_woods_involved_in_singlecar_accident_in_los/goi3mtl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
    i know this stretch of road -- it's a couple miles from where i'm sitting right now. i know everyone's thinking alcohol or drugs, but with this stretch of road, it's not necessary to be in a big crash, esp if you're unfamiliar with it. it's very downhill and windy, and one of the few municipal roads i've seen with those gravel escape routes for trucks whose brakes fail.

hope he's alright. not super close to a top trauma center either, i guess harbor ucla would be best bet.

edit: wasn’t thinking about wind but rather it’s a winding road. and the video i saw made it seem he crossed the center divider so thought he was going downhill. could be wrong on that point though.

edit2: a couple points to address some comments made below. first, what i was trying to say is that it's really easy to go stupid fast on this road if you're not paying attention and/or are unfamiliar with the road. the posted speed limit is 45, but unless you're riding the brake on the way down, it's really easy to get to 60-70+. if something caused him to change direction very suddenly (ie. if a car cut in front of him or turned into him) you can easily go flying and lose control with speed. interestingly, the other main artery coming down from the top of PV, crenshaw, has a tall highway-like divider in the middle with plenty of scratches and traces of paint from past accidents. hawthorne has a low divider which can easily throw a speeding car into the air. so it could very well be a DUI, but it could just as easily not. second, while the turns are not super sharp, there are enough of them that you really do need to pay attention if you're going at a good pace. third, PV isn't super close to anything. it's a peninsula that juts out from LA .. it takes a (relatively) long time to get to a freeway. harbor-ucla is probably 30 min away? tho likely less with an ambulance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

No lol he wishes

I've seen two of your posts and from that I deduced I wouldn't get up on you to hang wallpaper, Tiger probably feels the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

I've seen two of your posts and from that I deduced I wouldn't get up on you to hang wallpaper, Tiger probably feels the same

I only seen that he was in a crash today but I will say that using women to put up wallpaper sounds like you both would get along nicely. I don't even like wallpaper.

I'll have you know I have queues of men vying for my attentions and I have no interest in them. WHATSOEVER. And I've heard of that negging too so I know your game Saint Jimmy and you have no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FFS, get a room you two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

FFS, get a room you two

He wishes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: LollipopJimmy, Barbara Anne, Deemed as Normal: I deleted three of your posts for personal attacks. Next time you each get a card.

Everybody, just a reminder to be civil to each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement