Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods comeback story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jaysus, relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

I never liked Tiger at the height of his success, too corporate, clean and boring.
    But after a very public implosion involving seedy deeds, a marriage break up and then health issues I'm glad he's back on top.

"It's the come back story of a lifetime"

seems to have a good sense of humour too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3hXjgZ2B8o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

"It's the come back story of a lifetime"
    I disagree, he's still a cheating scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Greyfox wrote: »

He never cheated at golf though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

etxp wrote: »
    He never cheated at golf though.....
    Read post #180
    ... only four times in 2013 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Read post #180
    ... only four times in 2013 :D

In no case did Ti cheat. In all cases, the decision of the rules committee is final.

Such a poor attempt to sling mud in the context of one of, or the, all-time most incredible sporting epic legends happening before our eyes, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Jaysus, relax!

Just trying to put the once in a century extraordinary nature of this incredible closing chapter to the Tiger tale in perspective. It is easy to be blinded by such phenomenal and difficult to process achievements, and almost, despite seeing them in our time, to misjudge their enormity. While we are seeing these events unfold in our time, it may be left to future generations to view them clearly and universally with the awe they merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

In no case did Ti cheat. In all cases, the decision of the rules committee is final.

Such a poor attempt to sling mud in the context of one of, or the, all-time most incredible sporting epic legends happening before our eyes, too.
    He signed for a 71 in the Masters. He said in the interview after the round that he dropped two yards behind the place from where he hit his previous shot as it was a better distance for him. The rule says you must drop as near as possible to the spot.

After meeting with the player, it was determined that he had violated Rule 26, and he was assessed a two-stroke penalty.
    The penalty of disqualification was waived by the Committee under Rule 33.

He signed for an incorrect score. The penalty is disqualification (for anyone else).

He also cheated in 2018 when he scooped a ball out of a bush. That is a double hit and incurs a penalty. He only got away with it because he denied it and slow motion replay is no longer allowed when reviewing these situations. Slow motion replay shows he should have been penalised.

It might be mud slinging to you, but he has a reputation for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

He signed for a 71 in the Masters. He said in the interview after the round that he dropped two yards behind the place from where he hit his previous shot as it was a better distance for him. The rule says you must drop as near as possible to the spot.

After meeting with the player, it was determined that he had violated Rule 26, and he was assessed a two-stroke penalty.

He signed for an incorrect score. The penalty is disqualification (for anyone else).

He also cheated in 2018 when he scooped a ball out of a bush. That is a double hit and incurs a penalty. He only got away with it because he denied it and slow motion replay is no longer allowed when reviewing these situations. Slow motion replay shows he should have been penalised.

Is Harrington also a cheat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

For God's sake she was a babysitter, or something. If I had a bus load of models waiting for me at the 18th green I'd definitely be making up for year's of lost time.

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's not like he got to where he is today because of cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

It's not even a sport, no fitness required.
    Fat 60 year olds can win slam events ffs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Every sportsperson in the world is a cheat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For God's sake she was a babysitter, or something. If I had a bus load of models waiting for me at the 18th green I'd definitely be making up for year's of lost time.

Hello? You having a laugh? Having an affair once can be forgiven but he had loads and loads of affairs, that makes him a scumbag. I don't care how many major's he's won, he's not a person I would look up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hello? You having a laugh? Having an affair once can be forgiven but he had loads and loads of affairs, that makes him a scumbag. I don't care how many major's he's won, he's not a person I would look up to.

Having sex with lots of women makes you a scumbag???

You're right, one has to win as many majors as Jack Nickolas to be entitled to that kind of pussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Not looking good for tiger, rolled his car while in recovery from back surgery.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Can't stand that man

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Omar Devone Little

Can't stand that man

Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Can't stand that man

Did he ride ya babs?

• Advertisement

No lol he wishes

Classy.

Well I wouldn't have time for him anyway no matter how much money he has

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

makes you vulnerable to a STD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Currently in surgery after suffering "multiple leg injuries," according to his agent. Can't see his golfing career continuing after this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

When you have a wife and kids it does make you a scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Sick of rich golfers doing shit like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Poor auld Tiger. If ever there was a man who wishes it was 2001 again, it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Anyone ever see Tiger's Divorce Settlement.

Christ.:eek:
    Woods got off easy, that's one-sixth of his wealth. Hulk Hogan's wife got 70% of Hulk's wealth. Threw me off marrige for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Woods got off easy, that's one-sixth of his wealth. Hulk Hogan's wife got 70% of Hulk's wealth. Threw me off marrige for life.

LOL! Seriously??

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm glad he's on the mend obviously. Hope he makes a full recovery too.

I'm curious as to what happened though.

Advertisement