Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelma Healy Eames is at it again, no joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Did she actually attend that Connecticut university? She was, according to Wikipedia, a college lecturer but it doesn't say where.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe we can talk about her politics?
    Dr. Healy Eames says development in Ireland is Dublin-centered by Government design and far better regional development, with increased EU support, is needed.
    She believes a ‘rural direct investment’ policy can be enabled in the same way as Ireland’s hugely successful foreign direct investment policy.
    What track record does she have for caring about local politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

She's a candidate in the Euro elections. It's good to be as fully informed about candidates as possible before casting your vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

bobbyss wrote: »
    Did she actually attend that Connecticut university? She was, according to Wikipedia, a college lecturer but it doesn't say where.

She was a lecturer in Mary Immaculate College back in the early noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

It's not an honorary doctorate though, is it?
    It looks like she had an actual PhD.

That said I can't find it online. Her Masters dissertation is here for anybody that wants a read.

She has an actual PhD. I remember looking it up in NUIG' database one day when she was in the news for some scandal or another.
    It's in something primary education related. If I remember rightly, it's something to do with teaching writing to children.

My favourite memory of her was her election leaflets from 2011. One of her listed achievements was that she "uses her phone....A LOT" and that she was one of Vodafone's biggest texters of the year or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Lockstep wrote: »
    She has an actual PhD. I remember looking it up in NUIG's database one day when she was in the news for some scandal or another.
    It's primary education related. If I remember rightly, it's something to do with teaching writing to children.
    Edit: here it is

My favourite memory of her was her election leaflets from 2011. One of her listed achievements was that she "uses her phone....A LOT" and that she was one of Vodafone's biggest texters of the year or something.

People would hope that someone with a background in teaching would understand the problems students with SLD face in education. Sadly, I have not seen this in Ms HE.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Can’t understand why she’s running . Be amazed if she gets more then 2 percent first preference vote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

spurshero wrote: »
    Can’t understand why she’s running . Be amazed if she gets more then 2 percent first preference vote
    I think its a hobby with her, but I think this time is part of a campaign to undermine recent social advances.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Should there be a ban on all politicians with Healy in their name?

Good suggestion, but a bit too wide ranging!

I'd refine the ban to cover any politician with a double-barrelled surname that includes the word "Healy".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Squatter wrote: »
    Good suggestion, but a bit too wide ranging!

I'd refine the ban to cover any politician with a double-barrelled surname that includes the word "Healy".

In fairness, at least the other ones look after their constituents (and they get elected).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

In fairness, at least the other ones look after their constituents (and they get elected).

On the other hand, if every TD was like the Kerry gobdaws, then Ireland would be in a right mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I don't know, call me old fashioned.... But if a politician, and even worse a teacher, likes a post comparing a child with autism to a Nazi, then she is crossing the line from being a harmless but entertaining gob****e to a teacher who's fitness for teaching should be reviewed.... Possibly some training on Nazi's, autism or environmental issues is in order.... She appears to be increasingly malignant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

But if a politician, and even worse a teacher, likes a post comparing a child with autism to a Nazi...

What's the reference to autism in that post screenshot? (genuinely not familiar with the context)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I don't know, call me old fashioned.... But if a politician, and even worse a teacher, likes a post comparing a child with autism to a Nazi...

Jesus wept...

(thanks for that, this is the first I had heard of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    What's the reference to autism in that post screenshot? (genuinely not familiar with the context)

The child on the right is Greta Thunberg an environmental activist who has Asperger's

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

It's had to know what my favourite things about this woman are... she just keeps on giving... if I had to have a top 5 (in no particular order), Wiffy might not even get on the list..

5. Getting her car seized for non payment of motor tax (her excuse - she take public transport) 4. Getting done, less than 2 weeks later for not paying for her train ticket on Public Transport. (oh the ****ing irony) 3. Claiming same sex marraige would cause the end of Mothers day (and using a anti-semitic UFO believer as her source) 2. A local builder having to take them (her and husband) to court to get paid for the work he did on their house. 1. Not understanding what fraping actually means and talking about "where you’re raped on Facebook" in the Oireachtas

So she's well qualified for the job then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

The child on the right is Greta Thunberg an environmental activist who has Asperger's

So is the post comparing nazi propaganda to a publicity approach taken in an environmental campaign? So the "political construct" is presumably climate change?

I don't see the relevance to her having Asperger's syndrome?

Also - is FHE a climate change denier? Wouldn't surprise me!

It's probably my own fault for looking her up but now I am getting targeted ads for Dr. Fidelma Healy Eames, some local Renua candidate and the pro life campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Zaph wrote: »
    What's the point in NUI going to the trouble of giving you an honorary doctorate if you're not going to use the title? Of course she's in good company with those other highly qualified doctors, Dr. Tony O'Reilly and Dr. Ian Paisley.

Tony O'Reilly earned his PhD. He later got some honorary ones tough.

According to a poll in the Irish Times this morning she is on 1%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

It was always going to be like that.
    It really begs the questions why she is running at all.

Most likely to keep her name in the public arena to prepare for the next Dáil election (which she won't win, either!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

She was eliminated on the first count or two in the last GE as well as an independent, her vote was poor and only a fraction of what she got in 2011....but that was really a party vote, to be fair. I can't really understand the motive behind running for Europe at all. The cost and effort of it against every odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

She was eliminated on the first count or two in the last GE as well as an independent, her vote was poor and only a fraction of what she got in 2011....but that was really a party vote, to be fair. I can't really understand the motive behind running for Europe at all. The cost and effort of it against every odd.

She seems the type to just plough ahead without much thought or consideration. Stubbornness along with some entitlement will lead to that kind of behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is she in fact a Charlie Brooker style creation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Didn't even know she rode a motorcycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Is she in fact a Charlie Brooker style creation?

She’s more Armando Iannucci.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

aw wrote: »
    It was always going to be like that.
    It really begs the questions why she is running at all.

Most likely to keep her name in the public arena to prepare for the next Dáil election (which she won't win, either!).

Id say she is running because she was quite vocal against repealing the 8th and she saw the 37% of people who voted against it and she reckoned she could pick up some of that vote. Doesnt seem to be working for her though.

It is either that or she is completely deluded. I wouldn't rule that out either, she definitely has a smack of believing her own sh1te.

Anyway if she does finish on 1% hopefully that will be the last we see of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ...or she is completely deluded. I wouldn't rule that out...
    Nail on the head there!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ...hopefully that will be the last we see of her...
    I sincerely doubt that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

There was a canvasser outside mass last Sunday morning, that had her pamphlet tucked under a Renua candidates pamphlet. Literally hidden from view. Not one taker.
    Spoke to people in Oranmore yesterday. She's outstayed her welcome there too.
    She's lost any support she's ever had.
    I can't see her coming back for more, once this election is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

It says it all about her when some of those who have canvassed for her in the past have nothing good to say about her, quite the opposite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement