Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fidelma Healy Eames is at it again, no joke

Options
124»

Comments

spurshero wrote: »
    Pretty sure local elections done first
    I was right first time.
    First step - separate all the votes.
    Then referendum is counted locally on Sat and after that locals (Sat/Sun)
    Euro ballots are sent to Castlebar for counting on Sunday/Monday.
    No Euro results will be released before polls in other countries are closed on Sunday night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

They appear to be the two best candidates. I'd go for McHugh no 1 though, because as a first time candidate for an unpopular party she'll need a miracle to stay in the race.

McHugh no. 1 for me too. She was excellent in the Primetime debate too, and put that racist moron Casey firmly back in his box. McGuinness is FG which means she sits and votes with the conservative EPP in the parliament, including not supporting measures to combat climate breakdown, which is the big issue for me. I think she's a good politician but can't support EPP policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Exit polls have FHE at 3%, with a 4% margin of error. Here’s hoping she ends up with -1% of the vote:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Exit polls have FHE at 3%, with a 4% margin of error. Here’s hoping she ends up with -1% of the vote:)

She only get 15,991 votes on the first count.. she might survive to the 2nd or 3rd count.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

She only get 15,991 votes on the first count.. she might survive to the 2nd or 3rd count.

I didn't think she would get that many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

3rd at least, probably 4th-5th. 2nd count will be the McGuinness surplus transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's pretty bad considering the actual electorate. That's 15,000 out of almost 600,000 valid votes cast.

Percentage wise it works out pretty similar to her performance in the last General Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Indeed. There were 594,927 valid votes, of which she received 15,991 or 2.68%.

Hopefully, this is well and truly the end of her political "career".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

I'll refer you to my second answer in https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110160346&postcount=59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

She needs to get a quarter of a quota (i.e. roughly 30,000 votes) to get her expenses back. Not a chance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I am shocked there are 16,000 idiots out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well, it is a massive coast to coast constituency that takes in Roscommon, Mayo, Louth and Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It would be interesting to see how much of this vote was from Galway, or regions she was less well know in.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Possibly single-issue voters who voted for her purely on the basis of her anti-abortion views.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Election is over
    As there seems to be no reason to keep this thread open other than to have a go at Healy Eames I am now closing it.
    Feel free to start another in Politics should there be reason for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement