Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Game 2:

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon (good)
    #4 ewan
    #5 Desmond

Wolves Win. At least One of Brendan/Conor/Ewan likely a wolf

Just curious, why is Conor getting a pass and the focus is all on Ewan ?

He’s not strictly getting a pass, just less likely. This is what I posted this morning
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Someone help me with my logic here. It does rely on me not being a wolf but I know that’s true so I’m going to run with it

Gr1:
    Mary
    Vernon
    Des
    Eva
    Conor

Gr2:
    Brendan
    Conor
    Vernon
    Ewan
    Des

From gr2 we know there’s a wolf in Brendan Conor and ewan

If Brendan or Conor are wolves it’s unlikely ewan is since he volunteered for gr2 to ensure we had coverage. Similarly if ewan is a wolf it’s unlikely Brendan or Conor are.

If Conor is a wolf and the wolves relied on a slip by Vernon in gr1 then it’s impossible for him to pick 5 in gr1 and still use that strategy.

But if he didn’t pick 5 and there was no slip he’d be caught when number 6 won the prize

So Conor is unlikely to be a wolf
    Which gives one wolf from ewan and Brendan

Happy to see if there’s a flaw in my thinking

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Just thinking if we chose wrong and block Ellsworth does that mean the wolves can win prizes again?

I don't think that would work

The villager Ellsworth is the 'gold-claim protector'. Sounds like a tough job, but all Ellsworth needs to do is remain alive. Once he does this, Hearst's wolves can only ever win 1 prize from those on offer. However, that doesn't mean that the village/SK can scoop up all of the others...

All he needs to do is stay alive doesn't sound like a power that can be blocked

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    If people are pushing Brendan for the NRV claim i'd sooner urge the Seer to confirm that and Ewan is blocked and potentially lynched later unless we catch something more confirmed.

Oh boy, I hate that post.

Knowing there's someone in play who can hurt the seer, and there's someone who basically screamed "Hey, check me out!", Brendan is a super dangerous peek imo.
    Game 2:

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon (good)
    #4 ewan
    #5 Desmond

Wolves Win. At least One of Brendan/Conor/Ewan likely a wolf

Just curious, why is Conor getting a pass and the focus is all on Ewan ?

For me, it's that Conor isn't posting much right now, and so has stayed in the shadows. Much of my concerns with Ewan would be echoed with Conor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

He’s not strictly getting a pass, just less likely. This is what I posted this morning

Happy to see if there’s a flaw in my thinking

I get you.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Oh boy, I hate that post.

Knowing there's someone in play who can hurt the seer, and there's someone who basically screamed "Hey, check me out!", Brendan is a super dangerous peek imo.

For me, it's that Conor isn't posting much right now, and so has stayed in the shadows. Much of my concerns with Ewan would be echoed with Conor.

Honestly im having to recheck characters in the OP a lot, more characters than usual in my opinion which probably means no hidden characters.

I'd add Katie to that list. If any of them are good and able to post, they really need to get involved.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I'm happy to go with the majority for the power blocking and potentially the lynching too.

Speaking selfishly we need at least 4 to vote for the same person to protect me now we know I'm safe :p

Speaking selfishly we need at least 4 to vote for the same person to protect me now we know I'm safe :p

I'm happy to go with the majority for the power blocking and potentially the lynching too.

I know you say your new to this but i'd still urge you to follow your gut more than others as you are the only person most people trust.

• Advertisement

oops sorry for te multiple post. Ok fair enough. I'm thinking to block Ewan and vote for KAtie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I don't mind not taking a gold rush number to prove I'm a NRV

I'm still suspicious of Brendan and now Conor and Mary as wolves

Just on this (cause I saw you post yesterday similar yesterday).

Wolves NEVER block vote. They'd expose themselves horrifically and hilariously. They won't risk that till way latter in the game, at the very least.

15 minutes to gold rush, have we settled on a lineup?

15 minutes to gold rush, have we settled on a lineup?

What about
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Ewan
    5. Des

Again, if anybody would like me to be taken out of the equation I will stand aside.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

What about
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Ewan
    5. Des

Again, if anybody would like me to be taken out of the equation I will stand aside.

I’m good with this if everyone else is? Can we get confirmation first that we can all do it.

What about
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Ewan
    5. Des

If I go number 5 then if I win we know 1-4 are not wolves, if someone in 1-4 wins then we know that person is safe. so min 1 person maximum 4 persons

If I go number 5 then if I win we know 1-4 are not wolves, if someone in 1-4 wins then we know that person is safe. so min 1 person maximum 4 persons

Thats a great idea. . I will go number 6 so.

Just to clarify...

If we worry about Ewan, is it not a risk to assign him a number in that 4?

Its all relying on the belief the wolves CAN'T win, right? So, say, if the prize gets blocked from that group of four, we reckon one of them/us is bad?

Just to clarify...

If we worry about Ewan, is it not a risk to assign him a number in that 4?

Its all relying on the belief the wolves CAN'T win, right? So, say, if the prize gets blocked from that group of four, we reckon one of them/us is bad?

That would be my interpretation of it. Prizes can only be blocked if a wolf is in that 4.

If there is no wolf in that pack and Gertie wins then that could actually clear everybody on that list. If we can find 5 villagers to fill the first 5 then the wolves cant do anything.

If Phil is good, it might force wolves to just let him win.

• Advertisement

No cause if there’s a wolf in 1-4 they just won’t vote and say they did

Are People voting ? Be good if people could confirm their votes on thread so at least we dont have a vernongate again. #indeathyouareforgivenvernon

Oh, I like this plan then :pac:

I'm submitting my vote for #1 then :)

That would be my interpretation of it. Prizes can only be blocked if a wolf is in that 4.

If there is no wolf in that pack and Gertie wins then that could actually clear everybody on that list. If we can find 5 villagers to fill the first 5 then the wolves cant do anything.

We can’t clear everyone while not voting by a wolf is an option

No cause if there’s a wolf in 1-4 they just won’t vote and say they did

But if Gertie wins the prize then all 4 wolves voted to get him that prize and it clears all the others. Wolves prob wont let that happen if its the case.

If the wolves have somebody in that 4 they have to let them win or strategically cast little shadow on them.

Gertie is the only cleared person so while my name (I am no cleared) is on the list there can be less shade put on the strategy.

What about
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Ewan
    5. Des

I’d suggest something like this is sensible

1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Ewan
    5. Gert
    6. Desmond

But if Gertie wins the prize then all 4 wolves voted to get him that prize and it clears all the others. Wolves prob wont let that happen if its the case.

If the wolves have somebody in that 4 they have to let them win or strategically cast little shadow on them.

Gertie is the only cleared person so while my name (I am no cleared) is on the list there can be less shade put on the strategy.

No, if there’s a wolf in the 4 selected they can just not vote and say they did. Then they block the others. Gertie wins and a wolf in 1-4 looks cleared

• Advertisement

1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Ewan
    5. Gert
    6. Desmond

Ok, I just voted 5

Advertisement