Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have we reach peak LGBT nonsense?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

40 years in this world, observing reality.
    Ok, but people spend similar time in this world and come to the conclusion the world is flat.

I'm also going to take a wild stab in the dark that you haven't actually interacted with many trans people, never mind asked about their experiences and thoughts.

So maybe... just maybe there's more to this issue than you realise?

The problem is you supposed liberals are all about removing peoples right to say what they think. You are nothing but closet fascists.

Nope, more about highlighting where people normally from the right talk utter ****e and try to stir up trouble.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

But it does, they are trying to change how we define the world.

How we define the world is constantly being redefined.
    It it wasn't we'd still be in the Neolithic Age.
    The spread of monotheistic religions redefined the world.
    The discovery of bronze redefined the world.
    Imperialism redefined the world.
    The American Revolution redefined the world.
    Technology redefined the world.
    Female suffrage redefined the world.
    Totalitarian regimes redefined the world.
    Two World Wars redefined the world.
    The internet redefined the world.

In the great scheme of things a few people who wish to be identified as a gender other than the one they were born with isn't even on the list of things that redefined the world. And is the one of the things least likely to impact on your life.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

you supposed liberals

Are you american or Irish? So why are you talking like an american?

The problem is you supposed liberals are all about removing peoples right to say what they think. You are nothing but closet fascists.

That's a bit rich from a person who demands other people conform.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Again, you have failed to explain why you think a law in Canada is relevant or what your actual issue with it is...

I didn't bring it up for discussion. You did. And now you refuse to discuss it.

Again, I'm interested in an actual discussion about what was actually posted, not cheap juvenile attempts at deflecting and pretending what was posted.

Nobelium wrote: »
    Again, I'm interested in an actual discussion about what was actually posted, not cheap juvenile attempts at deflecting and pretending what was posted.

Gotcha.

You brought a Canadian law into the discussion but when asked to explain your issue with the Canadian law you introduced to the discussion can't/refuse to discuss the law you brought into the discussion so you are going to instead insist that you want a discussion just not about the thing that you introduced to the discussion.

Glad we cleared that up.

Gotcha.

You brought a Canadian law into the discussion but when asked to explain your issue with the Canadian law you introduced to the discussion can't/refuse to discuss the law you brought into the discussion so you are going to instead insist that you want a discussion just not about the thing that you introduced to the discussion.

Glad we cleared that up.

Given that you've repeatedly made false claims about what was actually posted for discussion, you've got what you always had, nothing but cheap juvenile attempts at deflecting and pretending what was posted. Happy to keep posting this for you.

Given that you don't even know what the law consisted of, and expect me to do your research for you, after you've made false claims about what was actually posted, you've got what you always had, nothing but cheap juvenile attempts at deflecting and pretending what was posted.

But surely since you introduced this law into the discussion you have already researched it? So no biggy to explain what your issue with it is.
    Which is what I asked you to do.

But if you wish to be juvenile by calling me juvenile every time I ask a simple question like "what is your issue with the Canadian Law that makes you think it is relevant to this discussion?" go right ahead.

But surely since you introduced this law into the discussion you have already researched it? So no biggy to explain what your issue with it is.
    Which is what I asked you to do.

But if you wish to be juvenile by calling me juvenile every time I ask a simple question like "what is your issue with the Canadian Law that makes you think it is relevant to this discussion?" go right ahead.

Where did I say I had an issue with it ? It's not my issue, I don't own it. It's not about me or other posters who don't post what you like. A real discussion is about the subject not a poster, no matter how hard to try to make it so. The actual issue was posted, If you're going to continue to attempt to straw man and pretend instead what was posted, and always make it about posters instead of the what they actually post, in some juvenile avoidance attempt , I'm happy to remind you of it every time you do. I'm certainly not obliged to pretend you interested in discussing the actual subject.

• Advertisement

Where did I say I had an issue with it ? It's not about me or other posters who don't post what you like, not matter how hard to try to make it so. A real discussion is about the subject not a poster. If you're going to continue to attempt pretend what was posted in some juvenile avoidance attempt , I'm happy to remind you of it every time you do.

Gosh.

How lucky I am to have Mr 55 Posts learn me how to be discussing tings on a discussion board.

You're grand mate. I get it. You can't actually say why you thought it was relevant. It was just a thing you googled and thought you'd put it out there.

You can move on to not discussing other things now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The doctor lift the baby up high, eyes the genitalia and announces "It a ?".

I suppose he's misgendering the poor thing?

You are just pushing your cultural marxist agenda.

He's not gendering it at all. He's (more likely she) sexing it.

Gosh.

How lucky I am to have Mr 55 Posts learn me how to be discussing tings on a discussion board.

You're grand mate. I get it. You can't actually say why you thought it was relevant. It was just a thing you googled and thought you'd put it out there.

You can move on to not discussing other things now.

You're welcome. Happy anytime to point out your failed straw manning and making it about posters instead of the actual post and actual discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

That's a bit rich from a person who demands other people conform.

I am not saying that. I am upset at being told what to think.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    He's not gendering it at all. He's (more likely she) sexing it.

When did gender and sex become different things?

I am not saying that. I am upset at being told what to think.

They like to attempt to pretend what you are saying, and then attempt make it about you personally instead of what you actually posted, and then rinse and repeat. It's a combination of attempting straw man and ad hoimiem fallacies. It means they can't find an honest way to discuss the actual points you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Sex has to do with biology, gender has to do with (self) identity.

Until the mid 50s gender was usually used to refer to grammatical categories.

They like to attempt to pretend what you are saying, and then attempt make it about you personally instead of what you actually posted, and then rinse and repeat. It's a combination of attempting straw man and ad hoimiem fallacies. It means they can't find an honest way to discuss the actual points you made.

It's like pissing on a volcano.

It's like pissing on a volcano.

Actually it's a lot more useful than that. They think they are successfully shutting down any discussion, when in fact they are actually indirectly proving your points and demonstrating a lack of any of their own.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Sex has to do with biology, gender has to do with (self) identity.

Until the mid 50s gender was usually used to refer to grammatical categories.

Gender was always tied to sex up until recently when people started trying (successfully) to change the definition.

• Advertisement

Gender was always tied to sex up until recently when people started trying (successfully) to change the definition.

Not really there are multiple examples through out history of people and groups who identified differently to the sex/gender that they were born with. Nowadays perhaps we see it being more acceptable apart from the usual type of dickheads who always have an issue with anyone different and believe everyone should conform to religious or private beliefs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

True. There are rational fears to be had about the current climate of sexual fluidity.
    Its all the rage nowadays. IMO serious and irreversible harm is being inflicted on kids.
    One hundred Irish children have been sent to England over the past three years to be assessed at a clinic caught in a controversy over fast-tracking gender transition.
    The Tavistock Clinic in London, the main gender clinic for children in Ireland and England, is under the spotlight after the resignation of whistle-blowing clinicians who claim children were being incorrectly diagnosed with gender dysphoria.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/irish-children-sent-to-london-clinic-caught-in-gender-storm-38012757.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DubInMeath wrote:
    Not really there are multiple examples through out history of people and groups who identified differently to the sex/gender that they were born with. Nowadays perhaps we see it being more acceptable apart from the usual type of dickheads who always have an issue with anyone different and believe everyone should conform to religious or private beliefs
    I've no problem with anybody who makes a decision as a 21 year old or older be but we have to protect kids from doing untold damage to themselves before they are ready.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

You must be the most militant Evangelical Christian sounding atheist of all time.

Tell me, what shape do you believe the Earth is?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've no problem with anybody who makes a decision as a 21 year old or older be but we have to protect kids from doing untold damage to themselves before they are ready.

Your considered an adult at 18 here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Or trendy parents and dodgy clinicians doing it to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,859 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've always understood gender as being masculine/feminine, and sex as male/female.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Not if your a proponent of sexual fluidity

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Not really there are multiple examples through out history of people and groups who identified differently to the sex/gender that they were born with.

Throughout history there was always childcare. There's a difference between that and mainstreaming it.

"Open 7am to 7pm" on the side of an industrial childcare van seen recently. Timed to match the DART

Suffer the little children.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    More waffle and dodging.
    Your hateful beliefs are on the pile with fiction and delusion.

There is no rational fears to be had about people with non conforming genders.
    These fears only exist in the minds of the ignorant and hateful.

Waffle and Dodge. Waffle and Dodge..

You don't seem to like your worldview having to establish itself just like everyone else, huh?

It would be oh-so-easy if you could just assume your position King. Let me guess, you vaccinate your kids not because you've assessed the data but because the HSE says so. Julian Assange a rapist? Climate change a hoax?

Advertisement