Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DuffyGW34 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Relax what ?

Can the tribal children please keep it for the soccer forum.

And if at all possible take their jinx nonsense with them too.

This is the FSA forum.

Discussing football and having football banter in the fantasy football forum? Just relax it's only a game

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Discussing football and having football banter in the fantasy football forum? Just relax it's only a game

I’m plenty relaxed. Just not tolerant of children. It’s why I haven’t had any.

If you’re looking for childish banter I suggest you head over to the soccer forum. You’ll find what you’re looking for there. They’re into superstition and jinx type talk there too. You’ll love it.

Is you telling me to ‘relax’ banter too ?

Please don’t ruin a perfectly good forum with your childish ‘banter’.

And as if FPL is ‘only a game’.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

I love Kranky Klopparama
    It’s been a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If Palace can give City trouble again and get any sort of result I can see Liverpool really looking to make a statement against Chelsea could punish our wildcards even more. Interesting to see how City do today awful lot of pressure on them.

I knew Chelsea had a decent record against Liverpool which factored in to my stupid decision to sell mane for a hit
    But I didn’t realize how good it was at Anfield
    Liverpool have not beaten Chelsea there in any comp since 2012 !!! 8 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Yes a very interesting 2 games ahead from both a PL and FF point of view, could be goals for all 4 teams involved, great day of sport ahead

jimmii wrote: »
    If Palace can give City trouble again and get any sort of result I can see Liverpool really looking to make a statement against Chelsea could punish our wildcards even more. Interesting to see how City do today awful lot of pressure on them.

I kept 3 LFC on the wildcard.

The games after Chelsea are good fixtures and I expect a steady flow of points.

Double defence but I dropped Salah for Mane. Not feeling too good about dropping Salah.

I basically went with Aubameyang over Salah, for the remainder of the season, as a bit of a differential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

9 points so far for me with Captain Duffy at the wheel

I kept 3 LFC on the wildcard.

The games after Chelsea are good fixtures and I expect a steady flow of points.

Double defence but I dropped Salah for Mane. Not feeling too good about dropping Salah.

I basically went with Aubameyang over Salah, for the remainder of the season, as a bit of a differential.

Same for me with Auba fingers crossed it pays off. I had intended to have at least one pool but lost track of time and it was 7pm before I knew it could have done with an extended deadline chip!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've lost all enthusiasm for FPL after yesterday. Don't think I can put myself through the ringer again today.
    I think I'll just log in tonight and calmly survey the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jimmii wrote: »

Depends if the reaction to a City fail is what you suggest or succumbing to the pressure shifted on to them to take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Just the 19 for my WC team so far. Captain Son & Lloris the contributors. Duffy & Doherty zeros the rest fuk all. Have Robbo,Mane & Laporte to play and Duffy & Camarasa to play again. Another one here who transferred out Pogba Anderson and Brooks. Only kept Brooks & Anderson because they had games in skinny weeks 31 & 33. They got me SFA. Anyways............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If either DeBruyne or Aguero are dropped today my wildcard is officially doomed. Only a haul from the two boys can save me now. Guess we'll find out in a minute.😧

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (C), Laporte, Mendy, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero

Subs | Muric, Danilo, Stones, Bernardo, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus

ederson walker kompany laporte mendy gundogan dilva kdb sane sterling aguero

do it Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

KevIRL wrote: »
    City XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (C), Laporte, Mendy, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero

Subs | Muric, Danilo, Stones, Bernardo, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus
    Praise the lord. Would have been a bonus to see Sterling dropped but you can't have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero, Kun, Laporte all start for me go City.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Mendy return. No more marauding opportunities for Laporte.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have KDB and am surrounded by Sterling owners...need a big performance from the Belgian wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I have no City cover so am worried now, that team could do some serious damage here. Hope Palace are on their game, another upset from them against City would be great.

• Advertisement

Kelly and Dann are the centre back pairing .......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

patmac wrote: »
    Aguero, Kun, Laporte all start for me go City.

Aguero and kun?

Aguero and kun?

Would you not have both if you could squeeze them in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I had but all of my eggs in the Aguero basket this week based purely on the Palace centre back pairing, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Sane(c)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero and kun?

Lol would have been clever if I had captained him, Sterling as well, have no Pool or Chelsea so all in on City.

km79 wrote: »
    Kelly and Dann are the centre back pairing .......

Yeah.

Was looking for a weakness in the City clean sheet and noticed Fernandinho isn’t starting.

Then seen the Palace centre backs. Could be a goal fest.

Kompany has been shaky at times this season so Zaha could cause problems which could lead to more Milivojevic points.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hugely surprised that all 3 of Aguero, Sterling and Laporte start today. I’d be stunned to see any of them rested for the 2nd leg and the fixture chaos carries on with a DGW to come so Palace seemed like a better game to rest a couple than Spurs or United.

Can they all do 5 games in 14 days? Even if they could, is it best practice to try when you’ve a squad like that?

Any of those players who end up starting on Wednesday I’d be loathe to touch for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Just saw that the two guys ahead of me in my work league have no city vs my Kun/Sterling/Laporte :eek:

This can only mean one thing...

FT: 1-0 Palace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Sterling sitter (missed)

Advertisement