Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mark of the beast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

jmreire wrote: »
    Well, I was educated by the Christian Brothers, and what ever I learnt about God and Religion, comes from them. But what category that put's me into according to you, I don't know.
    Some samples of hell from the bible:
    The children of the kingdom will be driven out into the darkness where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth (Mt 8:12).
    Depart from me, you accursed, into that eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Mt 25:41).
    These will pay the penalty of eternal ruin, separated from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power (2 Thes 1:9).
    God did not spare the angels who fell into sin; he thrust them down to hell, chained them there in the abyss, to await their sentence in torment (2 Pt 2:4).
    The smoke of the fire that torments them will rise forever and ever, and there will be no relief day or night for those who worship the beast or its image or accept the mark of its name (Rv 14:11).
    No matter what day of the year you pick..some where in the World, its a holiday or festival of some sort.Sure Christian holidays supplanted local custom's, there is no argument about that.But what is important is that pagan rite's were replaced by Christian ones.
    As I was taught back then, the Bible was the Word of God....and I'm fine with that.

Fair enough. I don't want to attack anyone's faith. I just question the RCC's bastardisation of the bible for their own twisted ends. I don't trust anything those guys do or say. I have my own faith in god that doesn't revolve around what they say.

The bible warns about these false prophets of god and the synagogue of Satan. Judging by the history of the RCC I would say they are definitely servants of Satan if you believe in that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

If you believe in God, then it's possible, so it very much depends on the individual. Personally, I want nothing to do with imbedded chips, We are controlled enough as it is without our every move and action being monitored.. and what will happen when they will not only monitor what you are thinking, but can control that too????
    Again facinating, if the chip could control what we think then we wud have advanced so far that we can modify God's greatest creation. But the fact a book century's old foretold it makes me suspect that this has already happened before or somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭jmreire

Ferajacka wrote: »
    Again facinating, if the chip could control what we think then we wud have advanced so far that we can modify God's greatest creation. But the fact a book century's old foretold it makes me suspect that this has already happened before or somewhere else.

We are pretty much controlled as it is....there is big controversy going on at the moment about the way Cambridge Analytica "swung" the brexit referendum to "Leave". .....and basically, it is thought to have affected the American Presidential election too. Mark Zuckerberg ( Facebook) was brought to England to answer questions about what information he passed on to Cambridge Analytica, to enable them to formulate advertisement's which were then used to persuade people to vote leave. He refused to answer them.
    Google Cambridge Analytica, and you will see what I am talking about.

But if you really want to see what is interfering with God's greatest Creation, Google out pre-planned DNA Designed Babies.

was brought

BloodBath wrote: »
    Fair enough. I don't want to attack anyone's faith. I just question the RCC's bastardisation of the bible for their own twisted ends. I don't trust anything those guys do or say. I have my own faith in god that doesn't revolve around what they say.

The bible warns about these false prophets of god and the synagogue of Satan. Judging by the history of the RCC I would say they are definitely servants of Satan if you believe in that kind of thing.

I am very well aware of what has been done throughout the centuries and is continuing to be done in the Name of God. Horrific does not even begin to describe it. I have just one simple rule to follow..no matter what the situation or circumstance's. Would Jesus do this? There have been books and discussions about very complicated issue's relative to Life and the World as it is today. What's good, what's bad? We are living in very complicated and troublesome times, for sure, but I will stick with my simple rule of thumb. You might have a hard time proving the existence of God at this point in time based on what is good, but no problem proving the existence of the devil based on the evil that is in the world.

smacl wrote: »
    I think it is one for the human rights groups to come to terms with and build on. Rights to privacy and anonymity are still quite new ground, which is where this whole GDPR thing is rearing its head. Personally, I'm also of the opinion that sentient AI isn't that far off either which makes for a whole new ethical kettle of fish. Scary to some extent but also fascinating.

Yes it is....both scary, and fascinating, I mean. Maybe Westworld was not so far fetched after all?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Yes it is....both scary, and fascinating, I mean. Maybe Westworld was not so far fetched after all?

I think we'll have sentient AIs without the robotics long before any of the Westworld stuff (really must watch the series, my reference is the Yul Brynner movies from the 70s). That said, we also shape our own destiny to a large extent, so who knows? As with the likes of CRISPR, I've no doubt the technology will hit the mainstream long before we've grasped the ethical implications.

But if you really want to see what is interfering with God's greatest Creation, Google out pre-planned DNA Designed Babies.

If this type of things interests your A Crack in Creation: Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution by Jennifer A. Doudna, Samuel H. Sternberg is well worth a read and gives an depth understanding from one of the inventors of this technology. Some of the science surrounding the genetics in the earlier chapters can get a bit heavy, but you can just skim them if this is the case (I did for the most part). While there's quite a lot of scary hype surrounding this subject, justified to some extent, there's also a huge positive potential. The second half of the book goes into the ethics in some depth.

smacl wrote: »
    If this type of things interests your A Crack in Creation: Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution by Jennifer A. Doudna, Samuel H. Sternberg is well worth a read and gives an depth understanding from one of the inventors of this technology. Some of the science surrounding the genetics in the earlier chapters can get a bit heavy, but you can just skim them if this is the case (I did for the most part). While there's quite a lot of scary hype surrounding this subject, justified to some extent, there's also a huge positive potential. The second half of the book goes into the ethics in some depth.

Yes, it has huge potential. And who knows? Maybe it will produce some "Miracle" cure for Climate Change? Not to mention presently "Incurable" Cancer's etc. On the positive side, there are endless possibilities, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Pretty frightening scenario..I watched a program about how the Chinese monitor their people ( similar or maybe it was the same as you mention above ) Main square, with 100's ( maybe 1'000's) people going about their daily business, and each being monitored.,,,No place to hide,they know literally everything about you, completely under their control. And "THEIR" ,,,,,who are they? and who control's them?
    For them, skin implanted chips would just be the icing on the cake. This is the stuff that science fiction horror stories / movies were made from year's ago.
    AI...will turn out to be a double edged sword, just like other "great leap's" forward, IMHO. Will have the possibility to greatly benefit mankind, or destroy it.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/13/china-cctv-bbc-reporter/
    t took Chinese authorities just seven minutes to locate and apprehend BBC reporter John Sudworth using its powerful network of CCTV camera and facial recognition technology.

This wasn’t a case of a member of the media being forcibly removed from the country. The chase was a stunt set up to illustrate just how powerful and effective the Chinese government’s surveillance system can be. It’s a stark example of the type of monitoring that China has invested heavily in over recent years with the aim of helping police do their job more efficiently.

Coming soon to a wall near you... The official line in China and everywhere else is that this is a step forward in fighting crime and terrorism but as the definition of a crime is so fluid these days, it can be leveraged to whatever political or anti-religious purpose suits.

The wrist/forehead chip thing looks compelling but nothing in Revelation suggests this is by accident or innocent misadventure, it's outlined as a moral and irrevocable choice - for or against the economic restrictions imposed by the antichrist. So it wouldn't need to be electronic for validation - even a fake mark would still be an outward sign of submission and as bad as taking the chip for real.

NCS wrote: »
    Coming soon to a wall near you... The official line in China and everywhere else is that this is a step forward in fighting crime and terrorism but as the definition of a crime is so fluid these days, it can be leveraged to whatever political or anti-religious purpose suits.

Any technology can be and does get abused, both on a small scale and a larger one, but that's a terrible argument against ongoing technological development and adoption. If you have a government that is going to persecute people for political or religious reasons, they'll find a way regardless of the technology. For our Gardaí over here, I reckon they deserve all the extra tools they can get. If they don't use them, you can be sure the criminal elements will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Edging closer:

British bank NatWest is trialling the use of a new NFC payment card with a built-in fingerprint scanner.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/11/18259624/natwest-gemalto-debit-card-fingerprint-scanner-biometric-contactless-nfc-uk

Once this trial is proved successful (as it will) it will be enhanced with eye scans at the checkouts. No signatures and no pin numbers ever needed again.
    Heathrow is also trialling FRS to avoid checking passposts, a facial-recognition system will simply take a quick gawk at your face on the way to the plane.

Revelation 13:16-17 King James Version (KJV):
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Edging closer:

British bank NatWest is trialling the use of a new NFC payment card with a built-in fingerprint scanner.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/11/18259624/natwest-gemalto-debit-card-fingerprint-scanner-biometric-contactless-nfc-uk

Once this trial is proved successful (as it will) it will be enhanced with eye scans at the checkouts. No signatures and no pin numbers ever needed again.
    Heathrow is also trialling FRS to avoid checking passposts, a facial-recognition system will simply take a quick gawk at your face on the way to the plane.

Revelation 13:16-17 King James Version (KJV):
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

As a matter of interest, who will be giving everyone the mark in "their right hand, or in their forheads"

As a matter of interest, who will be giving everyone the mark in "their right hand, or in their forheads"

Not giving, but people adapting to this as a primary default method of payment (and verification) of all goods and services.

By forehead, it may simply refer to an eyeball scan, not necessarily an implant. By right hand, it may mean fingerprint (or even better and accurate: a quick blood vessel scan of the entire hand), not any implant to 'give'.

Implants (Small passive RFID/NFC chips) however, may offer enhanced tracking services, to customers and vendors alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Good question ... this dream by someone might explain by whom.....

"I then told this man that “This is it!!! We are now in the Great tribulation” And I told him in the dream that there is a gadget being inserted in people’s right hand (and is already being put). And that this gadget is being spearheaded worldwide. And even though in the dream we were in an interior/rural place in the country side, we could sense that the gadget was now within the vicinity.

In the dream I was made to understand that this gadget is spread from a central place and that its requirement on people was now moving gradually across the globe at that time in the dream.
    The man then asked me what he should do in light of this gadget that is now operational and people are required to have it. I told him in the dream that under no circumstance should he or anybody else take this gadget because that will mean that they are forever sealed and belongs to the architect of this gadget ;satan.

In the dream, majority of the people in the earth could not sense that the chief architect of this gadget was satan, all that one could sense was that a system had been placed in the world by the Authorities and that this system was slowly but surely gaining momentum in the whole world i.e. it was spreading like bush fire and even in places it had not reached you could smell that in a matter of time it would reach-(The smoke could be smelled even before the bushfire reached.)

I was made to understand in the dream that during the period of Great Tribulation, majority of the people of the earth would not really know the real force behind this gadget that would be inserted into their hands; they would think/believe that all this is the work of man, and just like the world has been rapidly changing technologically for some time now, they would think/believe that this is another advancement in mans technological capability and so they would thus embrace this gadget to be inserted into the hands without much question and so will gladly embrace it.

This man I was talking with in the dream had no clue that this gadget to be inserted in the hand was actually from the devil/satan/lucifer. All he thought was that this was just like any other technological advancement that they have seen before e.g. ATM, mobile phones, Laptop, computers etc. In the dream I was made to understand that this man was a representation of how majority of the people in the earth would be during the Great Tribulation period i.e. Majority of the people in the earth by that time would be in a terrible state of ignorance as to the real/full implication of this gadget to be inserted into the hand (and also forehead)"

Also a good film showing life during the mark of the beast can be seen on u tube under "Leap: Rise of the Beast (2011) FULL MOVIE"

Also a good film showing life during the mark of the beast can be seen on u tube under "Leap: Rise of the Beast (2011) FULL MOVIE"

another film re mark of the beast is on u tube is "Six - The Mark Unleashed DVDRiP XViD-DvP"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

another film re mark of the beast is on u tube is "Six - The Mark Unleashed DVDRiP XViD-DvP"

Isn't theft a sin?
    ;)

another film is "Years Of The Beast - Full Movie"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'd be interested in hearing the "middle of the road" Christian's viewpoint on this thread.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd be interested in hearing the "middle of the road" Christian's viewpoint on this thread.

I'm doubting that it exists in this forum anymore,

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm doubting that it exists in this forum anymore,

Hard to find middle-of-the-road Christians anywhere nowadays. Freed from the compulsion that existed years ago,People are "Voting with their feet"....so what is left now are genuine 100% Christians, those who regularly attend Mass and the Sacraments. I'm one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

As am I

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Me too, but the other code (no Mass, no sacraments).

There definitely is a whole heap of winnowing out going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Looking at the old threads I'd say they are long gone. I doubt that this forum would be much use for them now, or more importantly, that they would be much use for boards. ;)

Nobelium wrote: »
    Looking at the old threads I'd say they are long gone. I doubt that this forum would be much use for them now, or more importantly, that they would be much use for boards. ;)
    Oh, don't write us off that quick...we are still here. Christians are getting a hard time these days world wide,,,and in Ireland also. To put your head above the parapet is to invite scorn and ridicule. Not popular being a Christian these day's, is it? But the Life goes on anyway...As for much use for Boards, how do you know just what is the religion of the posters??? As I have just pointed out, declaring your Christianity is not very popular at the moment. Or do you think that any religion is "not good for Boards? If you want to use that argument, just how good is anyone for Boards, and how would you define " Good for Board's ?

Slightly off topic, but for the last poster, according to an interim report commissioned by the UK's Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt: Christian persecution is now at “near genocide levels".

In Iraq & Syria levels are about 10% compared to 2003. Sir Lanka, and even Bali would require some travel consideration.
    The UN recommended 1358 Syrian refugees for resettlement in Britain during the first quarter of 2018, of whom only four were Christians.

The mark of the best might be tied in or associated with the general cheery end times phrophecy, which includes the recent destruction of Syria's Damascus.
    Current changes over in Isr are also highly relevant (USEmbassy), and the rise of the 3rdAC (possibly from Europe), another similar but different subject altogether.

In essence the numerial 666 is likely is associated with all things synthetic, high control and of strict order (from chaos).
    Think some CPU's run at that frequency, or divisions thereof. Did Pentium do 666mhz? Certainly a 2gb machine RAM insert can baseline at 666hz.

Nature rarely uses this precise /.666 division.
    Instead the (comparable) 'universal' 'golden' division, would be an irrational (but natural) number e.g. such the simple inversion of if (phi 3.14..)
    - which would compute to 6.8584073465... not ever 6.66666666....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Instead the (comparable) 'universal' 'golden' division, would be an irrational (but natural) number e.g. such the simple inversion of if (phi 3.14..)

Irrational numbers are not natural numbers! They are real numbers.

The biblical definition of the Nr "666"

According to the last book in the Bible, 666 is the number, or name, of the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns that comes out of the sea. (Revelation 13:​1, 17, 18) This beast is a symbol of the worldwide political system, which rules over “every tribe and people and tongue and nation.” (Revelation 13:7) The name 666 identifies the political system as a gross failure in God’s sight.

So it may not mean Natural or Irrational Nrs in that sense. But as the above implies...anyone who does not have the mark of the beast either on his hand of his forehead.....will not be able to buy or sell of do any kind of transaction.. The Chinese are well on the way to having this ( but without the religious context ( actually... at the present moment in time, they are trying to obliterate ALL traces of religion....and not only amonst the Uighurs ( Muslims) but Christian communities too.) Google " Chinese Electronic Surveilence on it's Citizens" Makes for some very interesting ( and frightening) scenario's. This also fits in with the Biblical prophesy....." From the eternal sea he arises...with an army on either shore, turning Man against his brother, until man exists no more. "
    We live in interesting times.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Oh, don't write us off that quick...we are still here.

Nope they are not, just quack theories as usual, like this thread, that have little to do with mainstream Christianity.
    Christians are getting a hard time these days world wide,,,and in Ireland also. To put your head above the parapet is to invite scorn and ridicule. Not popular being a Christian these day's, is it? But the Life goes on anyway...As for much use for Boards, how do you know just what is the religion of the posters??? As I have just pointed out, declaring your Christianity is not very popular at the moment. Or do you think that any religion is "not good for Boards? If you want to use that argument, just how good is anyone for Boards, and how would you define " Good for Board's ?

The victim mentality line is a bit rich coming from someone in a country where 82% of people identify their religion as Christianity.

• Advertisement

Nobelium wrote: »
    Nope they are not, just quack theories as usual, like this thread, that have little to do with mainstream Christianity.

Quack Theories...that depends on your viewpoint, doesent it? Either you believe in it or you dont....no one forcing you either way. Using term's like "quack theorys" is just cheap low balling. Can you explain your definition of mainstream Christianity ?

The victim mentality line is a bit rich coming from someone in a country where 82% of people identify their religion as Christianity.

On any media here in Ireland ( and other Coutry's too) lots of deroratory comments about " Sky Fairies" etc... and even your "Quack Theories" is a perfect example of the language used, when the conversation turns to Christianity.
    82% ? How many of the 82% are practising Mass going Christians? That figure probably comes from the census forms....but I can tell you here and now... if 82% of the population were going to Mass each Sunday...there would not be any or very little cars on the road. I have lived in Muslim Countrys, and on Friday Morning's , little or no traffic on the roads, because every Muslim is in the Mosque. The same cannot be said about Ireland.
    Google "Attack's against Christians amounts to Genocide "

Are you a Christian by any chance, just wondering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement