Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roommate conflict

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I hope where you're living is worth it because she sounds a bit mental. Someone like her will never be happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mrshinch

I hope where you're living is worth it because she sounds a bit mental. Someone like her will never be happy.

To be fair we got on the rest of the time I'm just feeling a bit not up to standard when it comes to cleaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Mrshinch wrote: »
    No idea every couple of weeks she spends the day cleaning and to be honest it looks the very same after and yesterday was one of those days which is what prompted the "this place is filthy what do you think about us hiring a cleaner" discussion

If she can clean all day and still complain that the place is "filthy," what difference will it make getting a cleaner in for one hour per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

It's fairly simple OP, if she wants a cleaner let her pay for. Place looks spotless to me.

So just say "no prob, if you want cleaner work away but I can't afford any extra expenses so I'll just keep my room locked".

On the subject of rinsing dishes before putting them in dishwater I agree with this, food debris wrecks the dishwasher. :D

Hard to live with someone with this level of OCD but could we worse. Your apartment looks lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Mrshinch wrote:
    .....stacking the dishes in a certain order.

Nothing OCD about this...the dishwasher is designed to have dishes put in a certain way to maximize the amount it can hold and to ensure an even clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Mrshinch wrote: »
    No idea every couple of weeks she spends the day cleaning and to be honest it looks the very same after and yesterday was one of those days which is what prompted the "this place is filthy what do you think about us hiring a cleaner" discussion

Even though she spent yesterday cleaning the apartment I still had to clean out the toaster today so I'm not sure what she's referring to that's filthy. Either way it's making me really unedge and thankful I'm heading out for dinner tonight

Tbf, a place can look the same after a deep clean because it's the areas that no-one sees that are cleaned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mrshinch

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've decided to have a line ready for when it's brought up next "I really don't think we need it and I'd prefer no extra expenses on top of what I have I'm happy to clean more if needed"

Happy for this thread to be closed now ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Thread closed as per OP's request.

Thanks & gmra all who posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement