Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying puppy online?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

muddypaws wrote: »
    So they aren't free. Even when taking a dog from a pound there is a charge.

I don't want a forum ban pal.
    A blind person can see what I mean.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

auspicious, you are really testing my last nerve in this thread, now it's passive aggression. You know what you said, we all know what you said. I must be blind too because I haven't a clue what you mean if free doesn't actually mean free. Either explain yourself clearly or stop posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

We have had 4 dogs over the last 20 years. The first was from a well known and honest breeder of two breeds of hunting/gun dogs who accidentally had a cross litter that were not fit for their work, but great if mad pets.
    The second came from a major pedigree kennel in England and he is a solid little man of 12 years and still well able to march along the beach today.
    The third we got within a day of number 2 from a local Irish Kennel Club Registered breeder. He was a ****ing pity. He was half the size of his "brother" of the same breed. He had all of the sauce and spit that you'd expect of his breed, but never quite the physique. He was handsome and very loving and well loved back but after a lot of health problems and vet bills we lost him.
    The fourth came from the pound and he is fabulous, still very frightened but bursting with health, energy, Gentleness and love, we know absolutely nothing about his history so have to take every day as it comes.

We have had our ups and downs, but buying a puppy online is going to the very bottom of the bucket and if you chose that route, you may be lucky but you may also be laying yourself into major vet bills, mountains of heartache or just being one of those unforgivables who dump unwanted dogs.

Advertisement